1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Are all your dolls from one company?

Sep 21, 2009

1. While I do have multiples from most of the companies my dolls have come from, I still also have multiple companies represented in my collection. My tendency is to look at everything I can see out there, but if the sculpts from a certain company start to catch my eye, I'll go back to that one more, and I'm more likely to find more than one I like, if they've already got one that appeals to me.

2. Not me! My dolls are from all sorts of companies! Well, at least that's what my plans are at the moment. ;)
      Right now I have an Everpurple Turkish Angora, and I ordered an Dream of Doll Shall almost two weeks ago, now! After she arrives (and if I hopefully get a job), I'll be saving up for two Fairyland kids (at once!) and then a Dollshe Saint. :D

I think it helps that I really don't look at price at all... Typically, I choose dolls that either:
      A) Steal my breathe away every time I see them.
      ---Alternative (IE. The Ante Situation): Make me audibly go "Awwwww" every single time I see one.
      or B) Have grown on me so much that I feel like I already own one. (IE. The Shiwoo Case XD)

And since I'm all over the forums and news threads and helping my friends on their own doll hunts... I see lots of dolls! If I fall in love--that's it, you're going on my list. ;)

3. Yep, all of my dolls are from one company. C: I actually didn't intend for it to be that way. It is true that I chose Volks' MSD because I like less skinny bodies and chubbier (no offense to my dolls! XD) design. My U-noss I simply found by accident in a hobby shop for a very cheap price, and the three boys are because I liked the Isao Nanjou and SchA scuplts.

I love Hounds, DoD and Luts' stuff as well - I love to look at other people's dolls when I go to a meet! I guess I've always kind of chubby faces. -3-

4. I only have one doll right now so I only own an Souldoll doll right now, but I don't really mind of getting dolls from different companies.

5. i think it's ok to order from different companies i do that.

6. I'm not as diverse as some others, but I don't stick to any one company (but have a thing for Volks but understand that was all there was besides Luts at the time).

DollZone ~ 2
      Fairyland ~ 2
      Orientdoll ~ 1
      Volks ~ 3

With the planned dolls being an additional...

Fairyland ~ +1
      DollZone ~ +2
      Dollmore ~ +1
      Volks ~ at least +4

All of which assuming I don't change my mind yet again. I like the Volks sculpts which is why I go back to them constantly, plus much of the BJD fashion is aimed for dolls made by Volks and that just makes it easier shopping wise as I'm not constantly thinking "oh will this fit the measurements are a little off".

7. Most of my dolls come from Fairyland but I also have dolls from other companies (Iplehouse, Latidoll and Luts).
      I also own 2 artist's bjds.

8. Both of my dolls are from Elfdoll, but it's not necessarily because I prefer them.
      I guess it's because I had a good experience with them the first time I ordered from them and I felt safer ordering from them a second time. The reason I got my first doll from them was because of who the sculpt was based on, then the second one I just really liked the look of him and I had to have him. XD; Plus, I think they made a better pair because they were from the same company (I knew they would look good together).
      I'd like to experience owning dolls from other companies if I ever get the chance though. ^^;

9. Every single one of my dolls is from a different company!
      I've got a Bobobie An, an Unoa L-Bi, a Latidoll K, a Tan Planetdoll Roseanne, and a Ninodoll Woo.U head on the way.
      For the first time ever, I'm waiting on another head that's actually from a company I already have- a Latidoll M. But I plan on getting him a body from somewhere else so that he'll be different to my K, I don't want them all to look alike! I do want a few dolls from the same companies, but usually only 1 or 2, and those are usually for sibling pairs. I wouldn't like to have all my dolls made by the same place, they'd all start to look the same to me.

10. Nope. I have a volks, a dollzone, and a soulkid. I'm not loyal to one particular company. I buy my dolls based on the dolls looks and how they fit the character, not by the company. :)

11. At one point all my dolls were from Luts. But after being in the hobby for a while and learning about other companies I started buy dolls from other places as well. I've owned Luts, Soom, Volks, Cherish Doll, Alchemo Lab, Limhwa and Iplehouse. And now I'm working on getting a Fariyland Doll.

12. Nope! While I have definate preferences, I've a few companies in my collection:
      Limhwa, Soom, DZ, DIM minmee, Castleanne, and a Lumedoll on the way :)

13. I have one SD doll from Leekeworld but I don't see myself buying any of their current molds. I chose Mihael for his unique and natural features so you can see why I'm not really interested in the other Leeke molds.

I can see myself buying my next doll from another company. For weeks now, I've been having constant love spells with a slim msd doll. (Note that Leeke doesn't have slim MSDs.)

14. I'm all over the place... well all over China I guess! But I lean heavily to Dollzone and AoD.

I have:

3 Dollzone
      1 Angel of Dream
      1 Iplehouse
      1 B&G (Boy & Girl)
      2 Migidoll heads

My next planned doll will be another Iplehouse and then I need AoD bodies (drool abs) for my Migidoll heads. After that I dunno, maybe a cute little Bluefairy or Little Fee.

15. No, I have different companies' dolls, though I think at the moment I have clear preferences... after being in the hobby for a while now and having seen a range of dolls in person I've found it helped me form opinions on which direction I would like to take my collection ^_^

I like chunky bodies and larger-headed dolls best ^_^

16. No, I've never been the type of person who can cope with homogeneity, in fact if I get too much into one thing it's guaranteed I'll get sick of it and need to do something else. It helps for me to have a seesaw situation going on at least, which for me now seems to be between Volks and their stylized cute/anime faces and Dollstown, with their very non-cute, ultrarealistic schtick.

Raven

17. Ha, I started out with telling myself just one doll and that was it, oops. Now it is up to 4 and all of them are from different companies (though I must say, I love the body on my elfdoll for posing right out of the box.) I lusting terribly after a dollstown doll, sigh.

18. When I first got into this hobby a year and a half ago, I thought for sure I wouldn't deviate away from my Dream of Doll obsession. My first doll was a DoD DoC Homme Kirill, then I bought a DoD DoI Luke about a month later and I've always had a soft spot for Homme Ducan too.

But within a few months I had ordered a Luts doll... and following that, a Soom Sabik Elf and I'll admit, I haven't really paid much attention to DoD since then.

Now I'm currently going through a Soom obsession I think >__> I do find other companies' dolls nice as well (I still think DoDs have a certain charm to them, but they no longer grab at me the way they once did for some reason). Soom, on the other hand, keeps releasing dolls that I find I 'really' like. However, I'm pretty certain my next doll will be an Iplehouse one; I've got my eyes set on a NS Luna... whenever Ip releases her.

19. I do have more than one doll from several companies. :)
      Dollshe, Fairyland, DIM, and not from his company, but sculpts from Rainman's hands.
      Plus singletons from many companies.

Ann in CT

20. I started collecting in one direction with all taller dolls, didn't last long once I got that first tiny in my hands!
      I have Obitsu, Bobobie, DIM, Dollfactory, Dollzone, Elfdoll, Lati, Felix Brownies and Fairyland all sizes.

My collecting has ready turned more towards Fairyland dolls....just too many cuties coming out and just got to have them all! I guess I can say I'm a 'tiny junky'!