1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Are "Fantasy" dolls more attractive to you?

Jun 2, 2009

1. While I love the human dolls, I have a special place in my heart for fantasy dolls :D As a lover of fantasy novels, fantasy bjds are a dream come true, and I love them all - elves, vampires, centaurs, demons, mermaids, you name it. But they are almost always limited, which is disappointing to me :( I never have enough money at the time and lose the chance to snag one.
      Fortunately, there are companies that sell non-limited fantasy dolls, especially elves. My first boy has elf ears, and when I buy a girl in the future, she will also be an elf :)

2. I love fantasy novels and games and basically anything to do with the fantasy genre. However when it comes to dolls I sometimes find the fantasy parts to be quite limiting... I do have a doll with elf ears (besides my pukis, who all have elven type ears), and at least one other one planned... and I have fallen in love with dollzone's new fairy girls (Ivy in particular). But generally I prefer human dolls. The stories around my dolls are less "fantastic" even though they are a little bit fantasy.

3. I think fantasy BJDs are interesting. I lean more towards the more human BJDs, however I have a special place in my heart for the vampire and angel bjds. As well as the parts, like cat ears and bunny ears. Other than that I'd prefer a pretty human bjds. Though the fantasy BJDs look really awesome!! As much as I love looking at them, I'm not ready to own one.

4. I say: yes. Fantasy or other not-so-human elements make dolls more interesting to me. Good example is Doll Chateau's elongated bodies - no clear fantasy elements (ears, hooves etc), but the design of bodies makes them different from "normal humans".

5. I used to be really into fantasy parts, like wings and horns and little vampire teeth. But recently i've realized that maybe i'm not so into the fantasy parts...they limit what a character can be and can not be?
      I don't shell my dolls into characters that pre exist but rather i make up their characters as i bound with them. sometimes i change their character a bit and tries for different things until they feel right to me. With fantasy dolls there are only a few ways to go, i mean if my dolls have vampire fangs and horns i really can't pass her off as a "normal" girl.
      and also the limitation of fantasy wear. fantasy dolls really only look their best in fantasy settings and fantasy get ups...recently i've getting more and more wanting to have normal looking girls that can wear cute little casual wears cause they have no wings or horns pertruding from their little bodies.

6. Fantasy or non fantasy dolls are both attractive to me. I think its because I'm just so amazed that they are so beautiful and realistic. I mean dolls from before are so different from what they are now.. well I'm just fascinated.

7. When I was looking at getting my first doll I thought there is no way I'd get a fantasy doll. I thought it was stupid and it would be ugly and all that. Then I saw my Doll Leaves Kira who has elf ears and he has this really neat tattooing on his ears, I was like yep that's it, that's the doll I want. Now I have a dear mine cat, and a dream of doll vampire, and a soom cat, I don't know why I ever thought I was going to limit myself to strictly "human" dolls.

8. I really didn't think I was all that into fantasy until I looked over and noticed most of my dolls were of some type of fantasy doll even my little human looking girl. I might be receiving a little centaur soon too so I guess I'm in pretty far with the fantasy. None of mine really dress all that fantastical but their sculpts for the most part are pretty wild. Since I consider my dolls as extraterrestrial roommates of sorts their fantasy elements don't bother me in the slightest and I adore them all.

9. As a SOOM fan I can say: yes. I love fantasy dolls and fantasy parts. But I prefer to have both versions, human and fantasy)

10. I only like human looking dolls for myself. But I like looking at fantasy dolls but not owning them. I do not like the colors, black, blue or you know. But I love them from a distance.