1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Are tinies like drugs (or Lays potato chips)? You Decide!

Jul 20, 2009

1. Hahaha nonono I don't consider MSD's tinies... I meant that I have a bad feeling my 2 MSDs to be will be over run by tinies...

2. Addictive? VERY much so! And I'm an SD lover at heart but once I started with the tinies, well, let's just say I think they're breeding at night. Basically I like the mature ones like Uyoo & Metel & Tiny Bear's gang but I do have some Pukis & found the Brownie sale irresistable but don't really think of those as children, more like magical creatures. The only actual child I have is Not Doll Lab Lucy but she seems on the verge of adolescence to me.

Lately I'm going crazy over the Bobobie 27cm gang & the Planetdoll's mini girls. Thank goodness that most tinies are children or I'd be overrun & my SDs might feel threatened. And I've been having so much fun cruising the Ebay vintage Barbie section for nice clothes.

3. I've been a doll addict for close to 50 years ... Tinies are just so irresistible, and it does seem they multiply on their own! I loved miniature dolls as a kid and I guess they are something I’ll always cherish. I have to agree with IngiBee, though, tinies are more like yummy things to me, not drugs. I just can't stop at one, or ten, or ...! :aheartbea

4. Tinies have taken over my office, the closet (both sides) and now getting ready to take over half of my porch mainly because it's easier to take photoshoots outside and to get rid of some of the over flow in my office!

I started out in this hobby with larger dolls....60cm, then fell in love with DIM dolls as I bought each size the hardest one to find was Silf, the tiny vampire with fangs...she was my first and by far will she be my last. After my 3rd or 4th..lose count after awhile I moved on to Pukis and Brownies.
      I bought my first Brownie Momo about a year or so ago, the sale allowed me to buy 5 more.
      I'm up to 10 pukis.......

Think I'm addicted? Nope....( who's kiding who?) So far the Pukis are winning!

5. I'm very addicted...chocolate and tinies...can't have enough!! I consider giving them up every now and then, but who am I kidding...!!! (I like to justify and call it 'therapy.')

6. I have more tinies than any other size of bjd (Lati Yellow Coco, BBB tiny Eric girl, Orientdoll So Dong girl, Ppoppo, DDAnnes tiny Mero, Brownie Yoyo and two more 1/6s coming soon a Kazekids Sage and a Batchix Nansook). 1/6ths in particular, I believe, are going to completely take over. There are so many now that I like. The BBB and RS girls (4), the Planetdoll minis (4), Tinybears large Moona and Mina, Fdoll 1/6th girls (3). It goes on and on, truly an addiction, but a really fun one.

7. ... I can honestly say if you buy one, there's probably no going back. I bought my third tiny, a Rosen Lied Ravie on a whim, after I swore I'd never never buy that size-range after my Elfdoll Hana and Dollshe Ru and well... Now I have a Dollzone BB at home, and two yo-sized girls and 2 Planetdoll minis on the way. That's not to mention my huge wishlist of tinies I will buy (like a Littlefee, a Pukifee or two, Lati Yellow, Minoruworld Jr, Unoa Chibi, Narsha Narsha Narsha, CH Little Jr. and on and on and on...)

It's a sad sad life. :XD:

8. I've sort of come to looking at it this way. We could be pouring our money into gambling or drugs or any number of other things that are really bad for us. I'm a recovering smoker, so I know. At least now when I wonder where my money went, I can look around and see this pack of little bitty dolls, mostly all smiling back at me. At least there is something to show for the money, and something sweet and mostly wholesome too (which does wonders for getting the creative juices flowing!). There are a whole lot of very bad things we could be hooked on. And, heaven forbid, in the event of an emergency, we'd be able to get some money for them. Can't say that about losing lottery tickets, quarters that went into slot machines, empty beer cans (well, maybe a little for aluminum recycling) and things like that. Of course, may it never come to pass that any of us need to give up our tinies ever for any reason! (I don't even want to think how bad resin withdrawal might be - think A&E's Intervention would do an episode?):eusa_pray

9. oh man, I can relate :doh LOL

10. Well, posting this in the Tiny Dolls subforum is probably going to garner a lot of positive responses. :lol:

I don't find tiny dolls very tempting for a few reasons:
      I don't care for child-like dolls and tiny dolls are still mostly child-like.
      I like to customize my dolls and I don't have the motor control or eyesight to work on the little ones anymore. That's why I gave up the 1/6th scale dolls years ago.
      I also like ABJDs specifically because they are beautifully sculpted and very well engineered. By their very nature, tiny dolls can't pack in as much of these two qualities as larger dolls can. The only exception I have made so far is to buy myself a Puki Cupid fullset because Fairyland was the first to prove that tiny dolls can have really spectacular engineering, and because I have a fondness for Cupid. I like to look at him, but I rarely feel inspired to do anything with him other than just enjoy him in person. I guess he just seems too ephemeral to me.
      Now that I have a tiny, I don't find myself wanting more. I am happy to look at cute pictures of them, much like I can look at a potato chip and just recall what it tastes like since I've already eaten one.

11. Pukis are too tiny for me, but perfect for my youngest daughter (or that's what she tells me). I fell in love with an Ante though and now I've got a Lishe and an El plus I'm thinking about getting a Chiwoo soon, I like the Pipos Alice as well, but I think her face may be a little too pouty for me. I also like the MSD size now. I've got two Rosettes and a Bambicrony Sunday with an Alice head that I'm planning to turn into twins. I've gone from not wanting tinies/smaller dolls to spending my year collecting them so far.

12. It's not just tinies... it's all dolls and they are more addictive than any drug!

13. i've been a fan of bjds for years...
      it was only this year i bought my first bjd - puki.. and BAM before u know it.. i'm hooked...
      i have 3 other fairyland dolls on the way and wanting to buy more MORE MORE!!
      i dunno when i'll stop... but its easy to buy cos they are just so 'affordable'

14. Oh they're addicting alright.

I started with 1 Yo, my Piccolo. Then I got a Puki (who I sold to help buy another Yo), now I have a YoSD Piccolo and a YoTenshi Yuh, and I'm planning on re-buying my Puki, a Dollti Tinman, and a Pipos Cheshire.

I don't know what it is, but they're just too cute!

15. "Infestation" is a perfect description. I started with one Puki. Now I have 14 Pukis, 8 Brownies, 6 Lati Whites, an OrientDoll So, 10 Jun Planning Ai (OT), a Rosen Lied Monday, 2 Bambicrony elves, a DollNDoll Romi, 2 Elfdoll Flower Fairies...

Help, somebody stop me!

16. Hey, the world would be a boring place if we all liked the same things. I think the SDs are unbelievable fantastic, but I don't have room for them. If you don't care for tinies, that just leaves more for us! :lol:

17. I don't have any dolls yet. I was saving up to shop around, since I am po'folk, and then I discovered TINIES.
      I CAN AFFORD THE PRETTY.
      If nothing else, I love them for that.
      Also, I have all the attention span of a gnat on speed. I don't think I could make clothes for anything bigger than, say, ten inches without a sewing machine.

18. I like the way you think, DarkStar. :thumbup Other than making money disappear, bjds are a harmless addiction. The habit doesn't send you to jail, get you drunk, ruin your health or make you gain weight.

19. LOL, thank you, sfbeck! It does make our wallets and bank accounts and pockets a little lighter! But that can keep us out of so much worse trouble! And we have our dolls to keep us company at home when we are too poor to go out for a night on the town (usually because we are saving for our next resin "fix")!

20. Well, for me, potato chips ARE a drug. ;D But really, dolls in general are wonderfully (horribly?) addictive. As I tell hubby, though, I don't smoke or drink or anything, so they're a healthy addiction. They get me sewing and such, so that much is good. I'm trying to ignore the wallet-draining aspect. <_< haha