1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Are tinies like drugs (or Lays potato chips)? You Decide!

Jul 20, 2009

1. Right! They are very good for our creativity! And the tinies are actually quite economical unless you start measuring how much they cost per inch! Then those 1/2 scales start looking like a good deal! But they will never be as cute as our tinies!

2. Yes, They are.
      I've had a Pipos Bao (LE) for about a year, don't play with him much but love his size (It's just those darn ears that are the problem. He's hard to get to stand)

But when August came around, and Bygg & Beyla came out, I HAD to buy them. 0.o Now I'm looking at Unoa Chibis and Cherishdoll's little ones. (Has been bitten by the tiny bug and her Bygg and Beyla aren't even home yet.) *dies*

So, yes, in my personal opinion they are addicting.

3. Oh man, if tinies are really delightfully addicitve, I'm in trouble! I haven't gotten my first and I've already got a wishlist. I can't imagine how much more determined I'll be once I've been "bitten" by the tiny bug!

4. Good luck with your new tiny bjd flu bug. It's incurable and the symptoms can only be alleviated with frequent new purchases and lots of play time!

5. I must have missed this thread initially because I was working Comic-Con then :/

In a word: Yes. Tinys are addictive. Tinybear and I both seem to have bought the Family size bag of Lays on that one. They rule the house, and that is just fine. It's been over two years since I brought anyone home that was larger than a Yo.

Unlike Carrie, my door is stuck on "in", and I hope I continue to be fortunate enough for it to stay that way.

6. I am a total tiny freak. Over 60 of the little cuties have found their way into my home, and I am always adding to the family. I blame the resin for the addiction..

7. Perhaps they mix cocaine into the resin mix? Or chocolate?

8. Maybe it's in the packaging.... :O

Oh dear lord.... I'm getting addicted to tinies now too. Two have made their way on my ever growing doll list. O_OUUU

9. one ya pop you just cant stop!

I just got my first MSD and i'm in love with the size but nothing will ever be as acumulating as my TINIES! my kingdom for my tinies and i have many more on the list =3 right now im after a littlefee a pukifee AND a yosd all at once @_@

10. Oh good grief, I am amassing tinies I have three MSD's but the littles are creeping in under the radar! I have sleeping elf's and pipos and resinsoul and I waaaaant, 'herm sorry some more please...

I am waay behind some of you guys! still its good to have goals in life (really 60 tinies...faint)

I think they put chocolate in the resin...my other addiction!

11. Yes, they are addictive! I have 2 coming and I am already trying to stop myself buying another - I have 2 tinies already. I was only ever going to have 1 and I thought I would be satisfied! LOL

12. Tinies are bad, bad things! I've got three 27cm ones (one of which I swear I'm going to sell when the American dollar goes back to somewhere like when I bought her!), two around 14cm, and one little bitty artist anthro! And that's not counting the OT Hujoo and Pullips and misc. creatures that make their way into the house solely for the purpose of looting them for clothes for said tinies! Naturally, there's more tinies on the wishlist...they accumulate so much easier than the big ones!

And minis, while not as bad as tinies, are still far worse than SD sized... ("But *someone's* got to wear all these clothes that are too baggy for my Mei!")

13. I'm really scared of buying another tiny, something like a pukipuki. I don't think I could stop the habit. They are so adorable.

14. The only thing keeping my addiction from being much worse is that I prefer the slightly more mature tinies to the really young looking ones (ex. Bon Bon, Isabella), and am not really drawn to Pukis!

15. I tend to go mainly for the pointy eared ones but I'm beginning to discover there are A LOT of pointy eared ones! And, like Trisana, I prefer the more mature looking ones (which still hasn't completely stopped me from getting a few Brownies, one Lati - so far, and a few pukis!). Watch out, Trisana, eventually they'll release one of these others that will just be too hard to resist! Evil little creatures (she mumbles, wondering how soon her Realpukis will arrive)!

16. Yeah I loveeee tinies, I also have msd size doll but I the end i decided I like tinies the best *though i do love my msd* xD

to me it's the little faces that get me all the time. I like child bjd so of course tinies are perfect : ).

17. I'm quite addicted to these cuties as well ^_^ I have two Lati yellows and I'm waiting on a Tinybear Coco and a Bubu Odoroki from Charles Creature Cabinet. I'm just not into the larger dolls. Little ones are just adorable, and I love the portable size. To me, they're little fairies/imps so the size is perfect.

18. Oh, Daiyuflower, my deepest sympathies. You are in for it now once that CCC Buba gets there. The CCCs, in my opinion, are the most addictive! And they are like a gateway "drug" that allow all sorts of other little whimsical creatures to find their way into your home, even if they aren't BJDs or resin or, on the surface, seem to have anything to do with BJDs, big, small, anthro or anything else. We have little dragons and ghosties and all sorts of creatures that just seem to gravitate to the tinies. I think my tinies get on the computer at night and hack into my eBay and PayPal passwords! And then there's their STUFF! Clothes, furniture, re-ment, wigs, toys, extra pairs of eyes... things you'd never imagine they need but, apparently, they NEED it! They are insidious! But they are great fun to play with and easy to dress and photograph and have such huge personalities for such tiny little things and.... yes, hopelessly addicted.

19. I love tinies. =3 I splurged on my first and got the Cherishdoll Alley that came with the limited pink kimono outfit and after that, the rest was history, as they say. They're cheaper (for obvious reasons) than other dolls, don't take up a lot of space when stored or on display, and they're just all-around endearing. At this point, I only have one MSD and the rest are tinies, my personal favorites being the 10cm ones by DD-Anne. I honestly try to tell myself that rather than getting one bigger doll, I can get two or three tinies instead!

If I ever have a disposable income again, there will certainly be more tinies in my home. =3

20. Tinies are like drug, really. ;) I´d never for sure bought a doll at all, if hadn´t seen the tiny ones. I thought only have one.... And now I start to have an army of them already!

Must say, I have one in msd size and she feels almost too big... Even she´s a cutie, too.