1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

are you afraid of losing intrest?

May 27, 2009

1. I wouldn't say I've lost interest, but I did go through a "cooldown" period of 7~8 years and have recently come back to them. I had school to focus on back then, and had been squandering all of my time and allowances on doll related stuff. It just got to a point where I just had to force myself to drop everything, stop visiting BJD sites, and put my dolls into the cupboard. I'll still miss them and take them out to accompany me around the house every now and then, but I had to force myself to stay away from BJD topics on the internet.

Now that I have a job and a steady income, and also all the wiser about spending money, I'm back and giving my dolls a well deserved pampering. :lol:

2. I have to admit that I kind of did lose my interest for my dolls. I had so many other things going on so I had to keep a brake with my cuties, mostly I was so busy with school and stuff.. But now I'm back again, after 2 years, thinking new cool things and stories for my dolls! And I must say, this brake has been really good time to think my dolls and what I really want to do for them. :dance

3. I'm quite afraid since I throw some manga figures (not expensives ones) without thinking and still not regret, I didn't lose interest in my dollies and I have them since 2008 but yes, that's concerning...

4. Whether or not I lose interest, it isn't a fear. If I happen to lose interest in the future it still doesn't diminish the joy it has and still brings me. It is money well spent either way :)

5. I never thought about it, but then I had to put the hobby on hiatus for other things, after about a year I lost interest almost completely forgetting about dolls (mine were in storage), but when I remembered I got back into them. If I ever do lose interest for good I won't really worry about it. 2 of my dolls are limited editions so I can sell them for a good about of money, and my other two have fans out of my friends so I could pass them on to a good home. I never afraid of losing interest in something because that means I can move on and spend time on something else instead that I like. I don't foresee myself leaving the hobby for good though. My dolls mean too much to me.

6. I am really afraid. I love taking photos of my dolls, but sometimes I wonder if I'm doing the right thing. I love my dolls, but Im really afraid.

7. I've been in this hobby since April 2006 and have had a few on and off periods or "cold" periods where I take a break. I don't think I will ever quit this hobby or lose interest until the rest of my life. Granted, the first few years being in the hobby, I think I burn myself out being very impulsive with purchasing so many dolls. Almost 10 years later, I'm more thoughtful and I do more research before buying a doll because it's definitely not much of a seller's market as it was 5-8 years ago.

8. I had this cold period with my dolls for many years but then I get excited again and I am now fully into this hobby again. I have never been afraid of losing interest of anything `cause this is just life and if you are constantly fearing of doing/ buying/ making new things or generally everyhting, I think you are just wasting your life and lacking all the good things that daring might bring to you. The dolls can always be sold if you don`t like them anymore. Living "what if" or "afterwards when" life isn`t living. I wouldn`t want to wake up as an old granny and realize regretting not doing things when I had the chance.