1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Are you interested in Fantasy/ Non Traditional colored dolls.

Jun 28, 2011

?
  1. Purple/Lilac

2. Blue/ Sky Blue

3. Red

4. Dark Tan

5. Dark Grey

6. Green

7. Im not interested.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. For the moment, I would just stick to NS as my boys are all human or human-like. The other color I might considered is WS. For tan, it would depends on whether I have a character for it and whether the tan sculpt is gorgeous. But I wouldn't go for extreme colors such as lilac, grey, etc as I do not have characters of such colors and they wouldn't fit into my story.

P/S: I tend to order directly from the companies themselves then through a dealer.

2. Would you buy fantasy resin colors?
      Yes I would and have. I currently own a Grey skin doll and will soon be ordering a Dark Grey and a Sky Blue a bit later in the year. I like diversity in my collection.

How interested are you in colors such as Dark Tan and Dark Grey which you have to specifically request.
      As indicated above, I will be ordering a Dark Grey doll in about two weeks and I am super interested in a Dark Tan at some stage, maybe early next year.

Are you willing to take the chance of marbling?
      Yes. There are a lot of talented people out there who could hide really bad marbling under blushwork, tattoo designs etc so I am sure if I had a doll with marbling, I could try and figure out how to make it work for me and find someone who could hide the flaw if it was bad but that would only concern me if it was on the face really. If marbling was on the body, it gets hidden by clothes so wouldn't worry me that much.

Would you order these colors from distrubitors or only from the company directly.
      I only order from companies when it comes to dolls most of the time. I've only ever ordered through a distrubitor for Dikadoll and Dollzone but other companies, I would prefer going direct. Less hassle and you get the info directly from the company if you have any questions or concerns and they tend to be able to replace parts a bit quicker I think. Also, it is quicker ordering direct I've found.

3. I love the look of the "fantasy" color skin, esp. grey, lilac, blue, and lighter greens

4. Would you buy fantasy resin colors? Yes - I have a lilac and a green doll from ResinSoul and I adore them both.

How interested are you in colors such as Dark Tan and Dark Grey which you have to specifically request. My dream doll is a Dark Tan boy, and I plan to order him once I have some dolly money.

Are you willing to take the chance of marbling? Yes. I know it's a risk, but the colour is so gorgeous that I don't mind if it's not perfect - especially if I am aware of the risk before ordering. That said my experience with coloured resins so far has been that there is no marbling.

Would you order these colors from distrubitors or only from the company directly. I have done both in the past, however with a special request I would be more likely to order direct from the company since I feel there is less risk of communication errors.

5. Would you buy fantasy resin colors?
      Sure I would. If the sculpts look good, I'd gladly buy them in all sorts of strange colours. I rather wish I hadn't missed out on Trachy and Lami.

How interested are you in colors such as Dark Tan and Dark Grey which you have to specifically request.
      Depends on the doll, I guess.

Only in the body parts, but definitely not the face.

Would you order these colors from distrubitors or only from the company directly.
      I don't understand this question.

6. Would you buy fantasy resin colors?
      I actually own a green Resinsoul Song. I would also consider buying other coloured resins in the future.

I would be interested if they fit a particular character of mine.

Yes.

I don't see that it'd make much of a difference either way.

7. Would you buy fantasy resin colors?
      I would buy a purple toned or grey one for a drow, certainly. Any other color and it depends on the type of doll. Soom dolls are often quite pretty with their colors; the rose sprite fairy looks very cute with her pink skin.

I only have experience with one company that you have to make a specific request for a dark tan/chocolate doll, and I plan to order a tan or dark tan Song at some point. Other than that, if I could afford it I would love for most of my collection to be brown shades! It's much prettier than pale to me. :) Thankfully companies like Iplehouse exist. ;)

Yes because I try to do my research on a company's quality and consistancy before I order. None of my three brown dolls are marbled. They are all even, rich, lifelike, and the color is all the way through the resin. The only barely noticible "oddity" are the bottoms of my Iplehouse Benny's heels; the brown is a bit paler but I don't care! It's not even something you see unless you're really looking hard. My Bobobie girl has NO seams on her at all. My two Iple dolls have seams, but they aren't noticeable; my "normal" skin Fairyland dolls have horrid ones in comparison.

Iple doesn't use distributors, and I haven't seen a distributor carry a chocolate brown Bobobie/Resinsoul except for the vendor I got Josslyn from at A-Kon. In the case of the Song I want, I'd order direct from the company.

8. Would you buy fantasy resin colors?
      Definitely; I plan on it. There are a few dolls from Bobobie/ResinSoul I plan to purchase in the future in different fantasy skin tones.

I think it would depend on if I have a character for the skin tone. I really like the Dark Tan ones though. ^_^

Mmmm, I guess so. As long as it's not terrible. But even then, I MIGHT actually learn to like it. Though, I've read through a few of the other answers here, and it appears to be rather rare. So, I'd take my chances, I suppose. c:

I don't really think there's a difference, since the dolls come directly from the company anyway...

9. Would you buy fantasy resin colors?
      Yes. In fact, there are several dolls I'd like in fantasy colors.

How interested are you in colors such as Dark Tan nd Dark Grey which you have to specifically request.
      I just ordered a Dark Grey doll from Bobobie. I cannot wait to get him.

I'm not too sure. I've been asking about the darker Bobobie resins, and it seems many of the old issues have been worked out. From what I hear, it's not as much of a concern now.

I ordered from BBB directly because I had a previous order that had an issue, but if I could get the colors through distributors, I wouldn't mind ordering from them.

10. Would you buy fantasy resin colors?
      All my dolls are normal skinned so far but I'd love a fantasy colored doll in my collection.

Dark grey sounds interesting, though I'd probably ask for pictures first. I could make a cool gargoyle with that. *3*

Depends, can I find a way to work it into the doll's aesthetic? Imperfections can really enhance the uniqueness of a doll.

Whatever's fastest. I don't really care where my doll comes from as long as it gets to me in the end.

11. I would like a "fantasy" colored doll, like a blue or purple-grey. I have several ideas/themes for characters that would require such a skintone. So far all of my dolls are fairly normal, the closest I've got is my soom Nenad whose skin is rather pale with a slight greenish tint to it.

I'm not particularly fond of overly dark dark colors, they tend to not look as good in photos or have an odd shine to them. So I would not probably ask for a doll in dark gray or dark tan, or for that matter black, personally.

On marbling, it would depend if it enhances the character, looks okay, or if it was uncalled for and looks bad. That said, with the unlikeliness of me ordering such a dark color in which this might be an issue, I'd probably avoid it all together.

I've always ordered dolls from the company itself, I don't think this habit would change simply because I want a special skintone.

12. Would you buy fantasy resin colors?
      Yes, I have a grey doll (Withdoll Belun). However, in the future I don't plan on buying any dark fantasy colors. I like my Belun, but I wish he was a lighter grey. In real life, he's much darker than in photos and I think it's more difficult to appreciate face-ups on darker skinned dolls because the details aren't as obvious. I would like more subtle fantasy colors, though.

How interested are you in colors such as Dark Tan nd Dark Grey which you have to specifically request.
      No interest.

I would read company reviews and if they were known for extensive marbling, I wouldn't order from them.

Whichever is cheaper.

13. I like fantasy colors, but I find myself incredibly picky about them ^^; I can't really see myself finding a company that both offers a color I like and a doll I'd want in that color. A few of my planned dolls will be blushed in subtle fantasy tones, so yes I am interested in them, I just don't usually like the ones that are available to buy already on the doll. I'd rather be able to do it myself and be sure to get a shade I love (even if it'd chip)

14. Would you buy fantasy resin colors?

Yes I would buy a fantasy resin color. I already have two non standard color dolls in my collection.

I am always delighted to learn that companies accept requests for certain non standard colors.

Are we talking about marbling from the coloring process or marbling from sun exposure?
      A few years ago someone's tan doll developed yellowy green streaks after being exposed to the sun. I believe companies have developed better resin and color formulas since then. I have not heard of any marbling for a long while.
      The idea of marbling doesn't even cross my mind.

I like to order directly from the company because that means the product was shipped from it's makers directly to me. The less hands my doll has to go through the better in terms of having a brand new product.

15. Would you buy fantasy resin colors?

I would and I have (lilac and green)! :thumbup Always up for more. :aheartbea

I'd consider them if it fits my needs.

Sure. :)

Either. :thumbup

16. Would you buy fantasy resin colors?
      I think they're very neat but I can't see owning them myself.
      I was initially interested in a tan Iple mini but the plan fell through because the story had waaay too many characters to resinize then.
      I'd prefer not to, but it can't be helped with the extra beauty of tan.
      Depends on the distributor and the company itself.

17. Would you buy fantasy resin colors?
      Yes! They look so beautiful. The first doll I get will be a normal color though, most likely WS.

I'm very interested, although the first fantasy-colored doll I buy will probably be of a lighter color, but who knows? I need to find more pictures of them.

If it's even possible nowadays, yes.

Either one, but since I'd rather not order with a faceup, I'd order from the company unless the dealer had it in stock without a faceup.

18. Would you buy fantasy resin colors?
      Yes! I would love a gray or light/dark purple doll some time in the future.

Dark tan would be beautiful, as would dark grey. As long as it wasn't a hassle to request it, I think I'd be pretty interested.

I'd really rather not... but I don't imagine it would be a huge issue for me.

Either.

19. Would you buy fantasy resin colors?
      Yes... under certain conditions;
      1) a better method of pigmenting resin is used to avoid marbling
      2) the resin is coloured throughout, not just a surface coat. (sanding or chipping colour difference issues)
      3) more effort is made to keep fantasy colours consistant throughout batches.
      4) as long as the "colour upgrade" price isn't too unreasonable.

I'm pretty interested; I have one tan doll, and the resin colour is lovely.

I'll be honest; NO.
      I understand that it's bound to happen in the mixing process, but I'd rather not pay an extra $30-$50 to have a fantasy colour doll with visibly inconsistant colouring that either has to be hidden, photoshop'ed or airbrushed. Some companies make dolls with little or no visible marbling; I WOULD be willing to pay for those.

No preference. :)

20. I already purchase fantasy colours and I love the stable light tan BBB/Resinsoul uses. I'd love a green with less yellow in it and instead of red I'd love to have a fuchsia/magenta elf.