1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Are you interested in Fantasy/ Non Traditional colored dolls.

Jun 28, 2011

?
  1. Purple/Lilac

2. Blue/ Sky Blue

3. Red

4. Dark Tan

5. Dark Grey

6. Green

7. Im not interested.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Would you buy fantasy resin colors?
      I already have - a Withdoll Juwel in 'rosybrown' which is more of a 'lilacgrey' if you ask me.
      If I could, I'd have a whole rainbow of dolls - as long as the colour fits into my story/fantasy race.

How interested are you in colors such as Dark Tan and Dark Grey which you have to specifically request.
      I really want both, but I don't like the special request hassle.

Are you willing to take the chance of marbling?
      Yes, but I don't think I'd be too thrilled if it it happened in a spot that would normally be uncovered, like hands or face.

Would you order these colors from distrubitors or only from the company directly.
      Either.

2. Would you buy fantasy resin colors?
      Definitely! Currently I own 1 blue, 1 grey, 1 dark grey, 1 green, and 4 dark tan dolls. I used to have, but sold another dark tan and another blue doll. I have future plans for 2 sky blue, 1 green, 1 red, 1 dark tan, and 4 more dark grey dolls!

How interested are you in colors such as Dark Tan and Dark Grey which you have to specifically request.
      See above--have had 6 in these colors already and plan another 5.

Yes, but I'm really not afraid of that happening--all 6 of my dark dolls are perfect without even a hint of marbling. The only problem they do have is that they show the finishing marks (sanding and seam removal) more easily, but that can be mostly fixed with a good fine sanding.

Would you order these colors from distrubitors or only from the company directly.
      So far I've had to order them all direct (or second hand). I would really like to be a be able to order from a distributor so I can take advantage of free shipping promotions and the like!

3. Would you buy fantasy resin colors?
      Sure I will, I have plans for 1 Blue and 2 or 3 in Dark Grey

How interested are you in colors such as Dark Tan nd Dark Grey which you have to specifically request.
      I'm more interested in Black, but there are no Black skintone, such a shame. Because of it I will order dolls in Dark Grey

It isn't problem at all ^^

From the company directly

4. There's something about grey-skinned dolls I really like, however I'm not sure if I'd ever get one. I heard that anything other than normal or white skin is really tricky to do face-ups on. Like if you ever wipe it there's a decent chance that it'll make the color uneven and basically ruin the look of the doll's face. I wouldn't want to risk that, nor would I want to spend a ton of extra money sending my doll away to have it's face-up done by someone that's experienced at working with tan/specialty colored dolls. As awesome as they might be, I don't think it would be worth the possible headaches.

5. Would you buy fantasy resin colors?
      Yes, I would. I love fantasy dolls!
      Dark Tan, not so much so as I have no plans at the moment for a character for a dark tan doll. Dark Grey, however, I would LOVE as it would allow me to make any of the myriad of drow characters that my husband and I have created.

I would prefer if the company had stabilized the resin coloring process to minimize marbling as I have seen some really bad marbling on some darker colored dolls. A small amount that could be blushed away would not bother me too much.

Would you order these colors from distributors or only from the company directly?
      I think I would be okay with ordering from either.

6. Would you buy fantasy resin colors?
      Sure! I adore my two tan dolls to bits and wish I had more in non-NS colours.

Not sure about grey but definitely the Dark Tan would appeal to me.

Sure, as I'm pretty sure minor discolorations could be covered with clothing or makeup.

Would you order these colors from distributors or only from the company directly?
      Probably only from the company, or a seller like Junkyspot.

7. Would you buy fantasy resin colors?
      Most definitely almost all my characters are in fantasy colors.
      How interested are you in colors such as Dark Tan nd Dark Grey which you have to specifically request.
      Great interest as I have 2 dark tan and 2 dark grey dolls on my list to get in the future.
      I'm not to worried about it as I haven't seen much of this occuring.
      If the distrubitor was running a specific special such as free shipping or shipping was less than direct from company I would definitely consider ordering through a distributor.

8. Would you buy fantasy resin colors?
      Yes! I love fantasy colours. I already own quite a few - I have a bronze (tan) boy and girl, a brown tan (dark tan) boy, a grey skin girl, a purple girl and a black (like a chalkboard, not a human with darker skin) teenie. I would have bought a purple boy as well, had I had the funds when he was available, and I've got another bronze girl on layaway at the moment. I'd love more opportunities to buy blue, green, purple, grey or tanned dolls!

Very, although the company I favour doesn't do special requests. They will sometimes release limited edition dolls in fantasy colours, though.

None of my fantasy-coloured dolls show any sign of marbling. It doesn't seem like marbling is really a problem these days. With such a low risk (especially having samples of the companies fantasy resin already on hand), I'd happily take the (seemingly small) chance of marbling.

Only from the company directly. Mainly because I order almost all my dolls directly from the company (unless I miss the order period and have to buy second-hand).

9. Dark tan yes, but I'm not interested in fantasy coloured dolls

10. Would you buy fantasy resin colors?
      Yes! Definitely! I love fantasy resin colors so much~ Paper white, all sorts of tans, nice cool grey, dark grey and my dream will always have a doll in a nice faint lavender, close to Crobidoll's cookie cream skin. - Right now I have paper white dolls, a pair of different tans and a boy in withdoll's amazing rosybrown which is a wonderful, rich dark grey with violet overtones.

Very~ I don't mind doing special requests if the company allows it, but currently the companies I'm interested in offer it normally.

Yes, none of my darker fantasy colored dolls show any signs of marbling, so I'm willing to assume one is mostly safe from it currently as casting techniques become better and better still.

Either, I don't think there's much difference there.

11. I like bright colors like the ones from Miro or RS. I'm not much into tan or grey actually. I really like the idea of black though. I have bought them, yes. Miro's green was a direct result of my asking nicely for a green doll from them and I love the doll they made me. I really want a RS Dai in normal skin but I've seriously thought of getting two just so I can have a doll in their green too. Might someday if the money happens...

12. Would you buy fantasy resin colors?

I currently have a grey Soom Bygg and a glow-in-the-dark Dream High Chibi!Feilene, plus a grey Soom Crow on-order. I also formerly owned a "light violet" Soom Arkose... So, yeah. I do occasionally buy a doll in a fantasy color.

I wouldn't mind having darker tan dolls, even if I did have to make a special request for them... I'm not so sure I'm interested in darker grey or anything more exotic. (My Arkose's odd color was one of the reasons I didn't keep him.)

It's just the nature of the beast when you're dealing with a darker mix, so no. I would consider it something that comes along with the territory.

I don't really have a preference. I've done both with my NS and BW dolls, and don't really see a reason for treating other resin colors differently.

13. Would you buy fantasy resin colors?
      I don't ever see myself buying bright rainbow colors but maybe dark tan or dark gray.

How interested are you in colors such as Dark Tan and Dark Grey which you have to specifically request?
      I'm "interested" in dark gray and dark tan but it's definitely on the bottom of my list. It would have to be the right doll and I'd have to have a pretty good idea for it's face-up and styling before I would buy either. I'd have to be really sure about it because it would stand out a lot from my other dolls and that could affect how much I end up liking it. All of my fantasy dolls have normal skin tone but fantasy eyes and hair styles, so it would be very different from what I have now.

Are you willing to take the chance on marbling?
      Marbling is just a chance you have to take and honestly I have seen very few people complain about it. So while it may be more common than with other colors, it still seems kind of rare. It might also depend on the company. I think it would bother me if marbling was on the face but anywhere else I'd be okay with it.

I don't think it would matter whether I ordered from the company or a dealer when regarding skin color but I do prefer to order through dealers because while it usually takes longer, the shipping can be a lot cheaper.

14. Yes. I would definitely buy a doll with a light lilac skin tone. Or light blue.

I really don't see how tan is considered a fantasy colour, otherwise my boyfriend is a fantasy colour lol. A tan boy doll does interest me though. Grey is good as well. I'd love to make a zombie girl.

I would get from the company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Would you buy fantasy resin colors?
      definitely! Although it depends on the doll and the character I imagine.

I'm not very interested in those particular colors, I'd rather like something purple/lilac, or blue.

the colored dolls I already have are fine so far. I wouldn't like marbling on visible parts though.

company directly

16. Would you buy fantasy resin colours?
      Definitely! :D I love fantasy and have already been looking at dolls with different skin tones. I found a blue one that was just beautiful. <3

How interested are you in colours such as Dark Tan and Dark Grey which you have to specifically request?
      Only kind of interested. I like more light colours than dark ones but it is a nice option to have if I ever decide that I want a dark elf doll or something like that. :3

Yes, although it would be disappointing if it was somewhere really visible.

Would you order these colours from distributors or only from the company directly?
      Probably directly from the company

17. Would you buy fantasy/ non traditional resin colors?

Though I now have 4 dolls, 3 of which are NS, my first doll is a tan Mini Gem Uyoo from Soom. I love how tan resin colors look and want to own lots of them. I also like how well the Fantasy colors offered by Resin Soul go with their fantasy sculpts. I'm dreaming of a big red dragon guy...

How Interested are you in colors such as Dark Tan and Dark Grey?
      Dark Tan yes, Dark Grey not so much. I'd like to have one of the RS satyr dolls in Dark tan.

If its from a company that does a lot of colored resin, so its usually fairly minor. My Uyoo has slight marbling, but its barely even noticable.

Direct vs Distributor?

Doesn't seem to matter much.

18. Would you buy fantasy resin colors?
      No. As much as I love fantasy hair colors and eye colors, I don't like skin colors...such as green or blue...that would never appear on a real human. They just don't appeal to me.

I am just starting out, but I see my future collection including dolls other than just pale-skinned ones. I'm sure at least one of my purchases will be dark tan. I see dark gray as a fantasy color, so I can't see myself ever requesting it.

19. Would you buy fantasy resin colors?
      I had a blue Bobobie Sprite some time ago, but her color wasn't as blue as it looked in her pictures and she was rehomed. I haven't really cared for green or red dolls. Some of the greys and lilacs are nice in pics but I've never seen them in person so not sure I'd take a chance on one. For now my tastes tend to veer towards normal skin.

I love tan dolls and one day hope to have one of the dark tans in my collection.

Yep

Most of my dolls have been obtained in the market place.​

20. Would you buy fantasy resin colors?
      You betcha. I already want a green Resinsoul and a tan Resinsoul, and I'm also fond of the Circus Kane and Argonautica dolls in unusual colors. So it would be safe to say that I'm strongly interested in fantasy resin colors.

How interested are you in colors such as Dark Tan and Dark Grey which you have to specifically request?
      Medium interested. I can't find a decent comparison between Bobobie's Light Tan and Dark Tan resins. If I can find a good comparison my interest could go either way.

Yes. I might even like it! If anyone asks about it I can just say "He/she's got a skin disorder."

I plan on going with the company itself; no third-party to screw things up in between.