1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Are you interested in Fantasy/ Non Traditional colored dolls.

Jun 28, 2011

?
  1. Purple/Lilac

2. Blue/ Sky Blue

3. Red

4. Dark Tan

5. Dark Grey

6. Green

7. Im not interested.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Would you buy fantasy resin colors?
      Absolutely-- I love how the green/blue/purple/grey resins all look. The hard part would just be deciding on which sculpt and color should become which character... and, well, coming up with the doll money (though at least with Resinsoul, it's easier than most). But before I get into the fantasy colors, I want to start by adding some non-fantasy tan/dark brown dolls to my crew.

How interested are you in colors such as Dark Tan and Dark Grey which you have to specifically request.

I don't know that Dark Grey interests me so much, when I already like the paler grey... But I definitely want a doll in Dark Tan! In terms of my current plans, it would be the third or fourth-next doll on my list, though...

Are you willing to take the chance of marbling?

Yup. Part and parcel of the whole deal. And I'm willing to try hiding anything too noticeable with blushing.

Would you order these colors from distrubitors or only from the company directly.

Well... mostly I would order direct from the company, I think. Especially as with Resinsoul, that's how you get the nifty little carrying case. But if the exact sculpt-and-color combo I was looking for was up on JunkySpot, then maybe I'd order through them instead, since I've ordered from them before and like them.

2. Very, a lot of my dolls are fantasy colors. My latest she's transparent. I have NS dolls too, but I am actually way more interested in fantasy colors. I like spectrums, rainbows, lots of colors. I am an art freak and while I respect minimalism, naturalism, and even sometimes use those palettes I really like to play with bright colors. I like them as bright as the resin will permit actually....

3. I want a doll with elf ears in purple resin since Bobobie started offering that color. I'm quite sure by now I'd like a Mei with Li body, but I don't know if i'll really order one.

4. I answered the poll wrong. Oops. I read it too fast and said I wasn't interested because I didn't realize dark tan was on there. I love some dark tan or brown dolls! I don't consider those 'fantasy colors' because people do have skin those colors. I consider them normal skin tones. A little marbling might be ok, but not an extreme amount. I have several brown and tan dolls and they don't have marbling or terrible sanding marks, so I wouldn't tolerate it much in other dolls either.

So to answer the question, all of my dolls are human and I'm not interested in buying fantasy colors. I love seeing them on other people's dolls, especially shades of blue or green, but they just aren't for me. Maybe if I got a pet doll it would be good in a fantasy color, like a green turtle, a blue fish or pink pig, but I don't see myself buying any fantasy creature dolls any time soon.

5. I love dolls in grey resin. It looks soooo awesome! I have a single one that I nabbed on clearance from MoC, my Illusion Spirit LinXi. I'd love to get a few of the little Bobobie elfkins in their fantasy colors too - green and blue and purple. Not too fussed about red resin though, personally.

As for dark tan/ebony resin, I don't think it's a fantasy color. Non-traditional certainly (sadly). I have no interest in it, though, because I'm frankly scared to try a faceup on it.

6. I love fantasy resin colors, especially colors like pastel pink, lilac, light grey, and mint green. I don't have any current plans for dolls in these colors, but I'd definitely love to have one or two in the future!

7. Would you buy fantasy resin colors?
      It's been said before, I don't think dark tan is a 'fantasy' colour, but I already own a doll in dark tan, and I love it! I'd also want dolls with more colour variety, such as purple, or green. (Have you seen RS transparent resin? it will be MINE.)

How interested are you in colors such as Dark Tan and Dark Grey which you have to specifically request.
      Always more colours, ever! Especially darker skincolours should be more common.

Are you willing to take the chance of marbling?
      Yeah, I do.

Would you order these colors from distrubitors or only from the company directly.
      I ordered my doll through a distributor, and it turned out fine, so I guess I'd go that route again.

8. I'm extremely interested in the fantasy colors. I have two girls in grey skin, and another one (should be delivered any day!) in translucent blue, and I hope to add a translucent red doll to the set someday soon. My favorite dolls to look at online are the ones in fantasy colors.