1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Are your dolls a family?

Jul 25, 2019

1. If they are from the same company and in the 1/4 & smaller range, they are siblings. A have a few sets of siblings. I keep my SD dolls separate.

2. All my dolls are connected, but they're separated into groups, so in one group I have two brothers and a couple, in another I have two sisters and a cousin, and in one I have three siblings, one of their partners and their cousin.... And my boy who's alone all the time because I'm yet to buy anyone else in his group :eek:

3. Yep, mine are all a family! Ilari and Lorina are the parents of Emie, and Mariana is Lorina's reincarnation once she died. My two BJD-adjacent OT dolls are also part of the family. Dolly is a doll belonging to Mariana and Pup was adopted by Emie but as like, a little brother since she's 10.

4. Nope. They are all friends. Makes things easier. I don't have to worry if features match or anything.

5. It's strange but... no, none of my doll characters are blood related! And I have a lot of them lol

I have some that are like, soulmates... and some that have surgically traded organs and other bits to be ~~TOGETHER FOREVER~~ but... no siblings or parents or anything. :3nodding:

6. Two are sisters but the other is their friend; the elder’s best friend specifically.

7. My dolls all live in the same world, and some are related to others. My biggest family is husband, wife, their baby, and her two orphaned sisters they are raising. Then there are a couple of couples who have one child each, and finally two courting couples.
      OH, yes, latest arrival is a single. All are acquaintances, dear friends or co-workers.

8. I can only have paired couples in-house (and their kids, if any). Single dolls never last long and end up with the love of their life embarrassingly quick (for which my wallet hates me). The groups I have comprise 3 distinct worlds that do not overlap with each other at all.
      Big Mystic Smoke:
      Modern day Toronto/GTA setting with Otherworld creatures that most humans never realize walk among them. I have the main couple, their son, their son's lovers and the grandchild

The Dream Time:
      Future sci-fi set in another galaxy made up almost exclusively of created species of mine (predominately Awh'anise with some Laiokian, Ruislipian, Xyarsian and a dash of humans). I have the main couple, their son, his lover and their children as well as some other couples. Some of the couples are also related by blood (brothers, half-brothers).

Divine Worship:
      Distant ancient past when gods and Otherworld creatures openly walked the world. Half the dolls in this group are gods with the other half being their partner(s). Most are couple pairings. One couple has a child that was born from a geode. Another has not exactly a child but sort of one (it's a child that emerged from a bole of his tree as he's a Dryad). Yet another has a sort of offspring but not (he is a Fearling created by Ondraeden, God of Fear, through a divine ritual and borne by the partner of Ondraeden).

9. I suppose so! Two are sisters and another two are brother and sister. I decided that at random one day.

10. I have three sets of siblings. Of these, just one group is biologically related.

11. I currently only have the one doll, but I'm looking for a niece for him. I think I naturally gravitate towards the idea of making my dolls a family.

12. Mostly I have friends and romantic pairings, but there is one unlce/neice and one with an adoptive older brother.And nobody is sure whether the two imps are brother and sister, a romantic couple, or friends.

13. I currently only have one full doll, but I am putting together a second doll and am saving up for a third one that I've started planning, and two of the dolls will be blood related in terms of lore, and then the other one is an extremely close friend.

14. Are my dolls a family...hmmm. There’s so many of them now, it’s more like a village. :nowords:

I started out with a few sibling and friend groups, and never intended to have any parents, but...one crept in, and...you know how that goes. :roll:

15. I have minifee Karsh girls that are twins...most of my msds are in their own "story" but I havent actually done anything with them, and my SDs aren't connected at all

16. I have a known brother and sister and they will discover another 2 additions to their family but that tale needs to unfold in their storyline as I get the dolls worked on and completed to photograph vignettes representing their story. No other dolls in the house are family or are in any relationships besides friendships. Their stories fall into several separate little groups (or they are singular dolls alone) with little to no overlap. I've toyed with the idea of making one doll into the general narrator or storyteller so they would ’know’ all the other dolls that way but none really seem to want to take up the job of chronicler or spokesperson for the group yet. I like the idea though so I'm hoping to sort one out to start doing it by the end of the year.

#36 mimimontoya, Aug 3, 2019
      Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    17. I have this family story planned where I have 3 dolls as brothers! There is the SD as the oldest, an MSD as the middle child and a YOSD as the youngest. I have my SD boy that I'm working on right now. I'm still looking for the younger brothers sculpts.

18. I have a couple sets of cousins in my storylines, lovers, and some unrelated "adopted" siblings. But no direct pairings of standard families (parents/children/grandchildren/etc...) within my own collection. Most of my dolls siblings are owned by my friend, though I do have plans for twins at some point. I'm not against having a structured family of dolls, I just have so many storylines and characters, that I see certain ones as "background builders" and "side characters" that will probably never have physical forms.

19. I used to have a big family planned out that I was going to collect. I even drew out a family tree! But then some of those dolls didn't work out and now I'm fairly sure I want to keep my collection quite small, so that idea has pretty much been abandoned.

However it still makes sense for some of my dolls to be related. My Iplehouse girls look so similar they could be twins, so nowadays I tend to think of them as being sisters. I guess I think that if dolls come from the same company it makes sense for them to be family xD

20. In my human crew, I have a guy who is the older brother of a little girl but that's all in terms of blood-related.
      This guy is in love with a girl and eventually they will get married and all and become a family (though I already consider them that).