1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Argonautica Dolls Discussion

Aug 8, 2016

1. Sorry for the lateness, but here's some pictures of my Medea! The brown resin is still pretty much the exact same as my Zet head from 2019, so I don't think you have to worry about the color being different @IngieBee.

I absolutely adore my Medea and she (or he I guess since it's gonna be a male character, haha) is so much lovelier and cuter in person than I had expected. I was worried the head might be disproportionately small compared to my other SDs but it's actually not too bad. Also, the website lists the eye size as 8-10mm but I don't think that's true, 14mm eyes seem to fit the best (which again, is a relief for me).

2. Got my chocolate Medea! SHE IS GORGEOUS AND THICC AND EVERYTHING EVER MY GOODNESS. Her resin tone is STUNNING. 10/10 for resin quality.

3. 'Still waiting for my elementals over here...
      Someday, someday. :lol:

4. Awesome pictures @bickazer , congratulations on her arrival!
      Congratulations also to you @Teruchan on your arrival as well :D
      Hope it arrives soon @Brightfires :thumbup

5. Me too.
      I'm really looking forward to them. ^_^

6. Hi!

It's a bit of a longshot, but I totally fell in love with the plus-size body and hope it will be re-released someday (or hound one second hand), so I can hybrid a Maskcatdoll head with it (a Maskcat Frances: Frances (maskcatdoll.com)).

If one of you has a Maskcat head and that gorgeous plus-size 1/3 body, would you pop it on and send me a picture, so I can see if it would make a good hybrid proportion-wise? :abow:

Thank you so much in advance for your time!

And...because I am seriously ADDICTED to that gorgeous plus-size body, please hit me up with shots of that body, with whichever head! :D

#326 lyaam12, Jun 27, 2021
      Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
    7. I agree, that body is amazing :D

8. I emailed them a few months ago and they said that the plus size body would be released again this summer.

9. @superXasian : Thank you for that info! That's super good news...just got to make up my mind about that hybrid now, but it should work proportions-wise, since both dolls on their original body are 57 cm in height, with a neck size of 9 cm, even though the Maskcat head is bigger than the Argodoll's head. (because it was originally on a body with less width).

Of course, a picture spells a thousand words, so if one of you has a picture, I would love to see it. I want to see aaaaaaaaaall of those gorgeous curves! :love

#329 lyaam12, Jun 28, 2021
      Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
    10. Hiya! It's me again, and always for the hybrid! Thanks to @Teruchan I think the hybrid I want could work (with a bit of modding) proportions-wise so now I have a few questions about the resin colors.

Namely, their normal pink.

Does anyone can describe how it looks in real life? Is it a very light pink, dark pink? I know I could brush the neck and hands if there is a slight difference between Argodoll's normal pink and Maskcat NS (cf. my avatar for an example of their NS^^).

If anyone has pictures of their Argodoll's normal pink in different lighting, I would love to see it^^

11. Hello, @lyaam12 - it’s me again! :)

As it happens, I once owned a 1/6 Argodoll sculpt in Normal Pink and even though I sold the full doll I kept an extra head for color comparison.

I don't have any Maskcat pieces yet, but here are some photos of Argodoll NP (from 2016-2017), along with Bimong Classic Normal (2017-2018 old version, the new version is a darker shade of the same tone), a Resinsoul 1/4 Female jointed hand (“Normal,” from somewhere around 2018), a Doll Legend 1/4 jointed hand (“White” from 2017-2018), an Iplehouse hand (“White” 2017), and a Dollshe Fresh hand (the old version, before it became pinker, 2018).

EDITED TO CORRECT: the Doll Legend hands are not white skin, but are Normal Pink skin. Sorry about the incorrect labeling!

[​IMG]ArgodollComparisons3 by StellaMarigoldArt, on Flickr

[​IMG]ArgodollComparisons2 by StellaMarigoldArt, on Flickr

[​IMG]ArgodollComparisons1 by StellaMarigoldArt, on Flickr

They are all VERY close in person. The Argodoll NP is a tiny bit more “muted” in color than the Bimong Normal, which feels a bit “brighter,” if that makes sense, but they basically match really well even without blushing.

Also, for your reference: here is someone on Instagram who has Maskcatdoll and Argodoll bodies hybrided with Bimong heads. When I asked they said that the match was very close between all three.

Login • Instagram
      Login • Instagram
      Login • Instagram
      Login • Instagram

I hope this helps!

#331 StellaMarigold, Aug 1, 2021
      Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
    12. @StellaMarigold : OMG Thank you! If I could hug you through the computer, I definitely would!

Yes, it definitely looks like a very close match! I might not even need to blush the neck, as I initially anticipated!

Here I come, Maskcat Frances on the curvy body! :love

13. @lyaam12 - You're so welcome! :) I'm so glad to be able to re-pay all the help you gave me on the Maskcat colors!

Hopefully the Argodoll colors are pretty consistent so that you won't need any blushing. If the match is as accurate as it looks online (and comparing the photos online to my examples of Bimong Normal and Argodoll NP) it would only be a slight difference in color.

I was very happy to see those comparisons as well, because it makes me feel better about choosing Maskcat NS.

I'm looking forward to seeing your hybrid Frances!

14. @StellaMarigold : Let's hope both our dolls come in beautiful shades.^^

I am fine with a fairly close match. Even if it comes from the same company, unless it's the same batch (and even then) there may be a small difference in color. But that's fine. I am not exactly "even-colored" myself. XD

I am also looking forward to your Juni! :D

#334 lyaam12, Aug 1, 2021
      Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
    15. Hello, all! I have to note a correction on the reference photos I posted. The Doll Legend jointed hands are NOT white skin but are in fact Normal Pink Skin. I don't know what happened on the Alice's Collections website, but I couldn't find my order info when I took the photos, but it is there now! Anyway, I didn't want to mislead anyone. :doh

16. Hi! So I finished styling my girl today (although she needs a wardrobe) and here she is. MSD Nelei. The posing is still a nightmare but I will be looking into that now that everything else is finished.

[​IMG] '

Check out the nails! I ordered a pair of extra hands and my friend Bellosse on instagram modded some long nails.
      [​IMG]
      There is some more of her here and my Doll profiles. :)

17. @Antika She's lovely, congrats. I'm sorry to hear about posing issues; the 1/3 plus body I have poses well, particularly in the arms. Something must be different between the sizes?

18. Thank you! And the arms are OK, it’s mostly chest and legs. I will see if some hot gluing or sueding helps!

19. She's so pretty and sexy! That outfit really brings out the best of her curves.

20. wow, she's amazing, I love your take on the sculpt, so voluptuous!