1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Argonautica Dolls Discussion

Aug 8, 2016

1. @Iyaam12 brought me here after gently reminding me I should watch this thread for Argodoll updates! I unfortunately missed my first shot at a dark resin Medea, but am happy to hear there will be another opportunity. :celebrate Love this artist and was sad there didn't seem to be any company news since late last year.

Thank you @bickazer for sharing your boy. I would be thrilled to see any more of these lovelies: any size, any shade, any configuration! Bring on the Argodolls!

2. WHOA WHOA WHOA. Yikes. Big yikes on those seam lines...

3. Yes. :/

4. @Antika : If your girl has seamlines, you managed to hide them well. I didn't notice them on the pictures!

Summer came to an end and no sign of the preorder for the plus-size body. T_T I hope it will happen soon, as I want to cross of that item of my list (and before straying and being tempted by other stuff, mainly XD).

EDIT: I ordered it, yay!

#344 lyaam12, Sep 2, 2021
      Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
    5. Hello, friends! I'm here with questions lol.
      1) does anyone know of heads which work well as hybrids with the 1/3 non-plus size female body? (bonus if you can direct me to existing pictures)
      2) What is the actual shoulder width on that body? (the website has the entire wrap around size which I suppose I could math, but still, you know how doll website measurements can be)
      3) What's the general current actual wait time on those bodies?
      4) Edit - ignore #3 I just bought one second hand BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Asking for a friend. . . (the friend is me).

#345 TatterPunk, Oct 1, 2021
      Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
    6. In case anyone is interested, there is a preorder until December 12th, for all dolls, but with color options limited it seems.

7. @lyaam12 - I saw that! I'm veery tempted to buy a 1/3 Ifit head to hybrid with my Maskcatdoll body when it comes. She was the first bjd (other than Enchanted Doll dolls) that I really fell in love with. At one point I owned a 1/6 version, but it was a little small for comfortable crafting so I sold her.

I know the colors would work, and the Maskcat heads are somewhat large and youthful (which I like) for the bodies so I think the proportions would match well. I have seen photos of the MC body hybrided with Narae 60 heads, which are similar in size to the Argodoll heads if the measurements are correct.

I have until December 12 to make up my mind!

Edited to add: I still hope to have a collection of MC heads as well, but I'm the kind of person who likes the idea of one body sharing a lot of heads.

8. I actually did catch this on IG for once! Happy but also disappointed; I really want Medea, but will only settle for one in a darker skin tone. Well, if things are improving on the supply end then I can be satisfied with that! I'll have my dark-skinned Medea one day...

9. I'm set on a Zet head, but I've seen some pics suggesting he's going to be shorter than I expect, and that his head is smaller than I think it is. Could I ask for pics of anyone's boys with other dolls to try to get a feel for their size?

10. Hi there so I just got a Argodoll body second hand recently and its pretty fabulous 1/3 but it seems pretty yellow. Those that have purchased a older doll vs newer doll how is the resin colors have they changed. The previous owner said it was normal pink. Can anyone do a comparison of normal yellow and normal pink. Also curious I have a Impldoll head I'd like to put on a body but the head I have is much lighter and more pink than the body I bought. So this is why I'm asking about the most current normal pink and if it is on the yellow side. I see cream as a color as well is that more towards yellow or pink? It would be lovely to see a comparison if possible of normal yellow, normal pink and cream. The head has a faceup already so I can't really color match with blushing. Thanks in advance.

11. In case anyone is interested by the Maskcatdoll/Argodoll hybrid:

[​IMG]IMG_2922 by Lyam, sur Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_2924 by Lyam, sur Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_2927 (1) by Lyam, sur Flickr

I changed the feet to my spare pair of Maskcat feet because the Argodoll feet don't fit any shoes I have with no problem.

The Maskcat resin is a bit yellower, and the neck situation isn't ideal but it's still a good hybrid I think. A bit of modding and blushing, and it would be perfect.

EDIT: I sanded down the back of the Maskcat's neck, that little lip they have.

[​IMG]IMG_2946 by Lyam, sur Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_2947 by Lyam, sur Flickr

The Maskcat neckhole is still way too small, but it goes down on the neck better and looks less awkward from the side. It's still not perfect, I think to truly be good, it would be better to enlarge the neckhole, but you know...I am lazy. XD (That and I think it's truly good enough, I don't want to sand down too much because it would be hard to reconstruct) Alternatively, I could thin the neck, but I really don't want to mod that body, because it was expensive. XD

#351 lyaam12, Mar 12, 2022
      Last edited: Mar 12, 2022
    12. UPDATE! I saw there is a new preorder available until January 12th for all dolls in all sizes and resin tones! Bad timing with the holiday for me, but I will do what I can to finally get that Medea I've been pining after!

13. I got a message from them a few days ago! I've been wanting to get one but not sure what color.
      Does anyone know if impldoll normal pink and argodoll normal match? I have a older argo body that seems a bit yellow so I'm not certain how the normal pink Argodoll would match. I currently have a impdoll head on the argo body I have but like I noted above its more on the yellow side or maybe the body I have is normal yellow..lol..no clue I got it second hand and they just said normal skin tone.
      Link is to my instagram when I first got her I tried on a few different heads on the argo doll body. The 4th photo is the impldoll head (with horns). The match doesn't look that drastic in person but gives ya an idea. Maybe I should get white and blush it?

14. man, I'm having trouble deciding between Kios vs Prias, and dark green vs deep green... maybe the answer is to get one of each in the 1/6 versions *_*

15. @Kitty Blue : Hi! There is some color comparison on page 17, unfortunately not with Impldoll, but if you can find some color comparison from Impldoll with one of those companies, it would be possible to see if it's close, I think. My normal pink Argodoll body is very pink, IMO. Quite pinker than my Maskcat head, as you can see from the above pictures. I think there is a color comparison on the Argodoll website.

16. I can imagine they are both fabulous..i wish they were 1/4 though lol

17. for once I actually agree :lol: 1/4 isn't usually my go to size, but 1/3 Kios/Prias might be a bit big to hang out with my siren, and all the lovely sculpted details might not be quite as visible in 1/6, especially in darker resins like the greens

18. on the website it doesn't look like green is listed for the 1/6 but maybe they do it by request?? Yea I'm more of a 1/4 scale kind girl...lol..resin 1/3 dolls are just too much (says the girl who has a Dollmore Trinity) but I do still have like 4 resin dolls in 1/3...not counting the vinyls (smartdoll/dollfie dream/ect) I have too many of those..lol

19. Yeah, I emailed a request over this morning, and am just waiting on a response. Hopefully it's not an issue, or I guess it's coin toss time :lol:

20. lol..been there done that. Fingers crossed for you.