1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Argonautica Dolls Discussion

Aug 8, 2016

1. Woo!! got a response to my email and my siren will be getting a 1/6 pair of Kios and Prias in lovely greens to hang out with!

2. Nice! Fantasy colors can be so fun to work with, and Kios/Prias have such a unique design - perfect companions for a siren, I think.

I'm thinking about ordering a 1/4 or 1/3 size Ifit soon (this year or next year). 1/6 Ifi was the second doll I saw in person and I loved her, but found her size a bit fiddly. I'm leaning a bit to 1/3 right now because then she can share clothes with my 57cm girl.

Can anyone tell me what the weight is like for a female 1/3 doll with the original slimmer body? The resin for the 1/6 doll I owned seemed quite light, not as heavy/solid as some other resins I've experienced since then (such as Maskcatdoll resin). I'm short and weak so I don't mind it being a bit lighter!

3. Hey! In case someone was wondering where to find corsets for the 1/3 plus-size body, here are my adventures. I found the sale for the Raouken corsets, and one of them was in green for the Feeple 60. I knew it would probably not fit, but it was in green, so I really wanted it and figured I would just give it to my Maskcat if it doesn't fit.

Well here is the results. It doesn't fit at the back of the arm, it doesn't fit at the back at all, but it doesn't look too bad from the front, doesn't it?

[​IMG]IMG_2960 by Lyam, sur
      Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_2963 by Lyam, sur Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_2968 by Lyam, sur Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_2967 by Lyam, sur Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_2966 by Lyam, sur Flickr

I also have bought her a SID corset from Ceress BJD clothes and it fits better at the back. The size is better, but it's less detailed, less boned than the other one and the eyelet size kinda bothers me. XD Oh well, it won't be seen from the front.

I was thinking that maybe other ready-made clothes for SID could fit the plus-size body.

[​IMG]IMG_2971 by Lyam, sur Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_2969 by Lyam, sur Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_2973 by Lyam, sur

#363 lyaam12, Dec 20, 2022
      Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2023
    4. Hey there! Anyone who preordered, or is planning to: what do you think about the payment options? I emailed them and apparently you can only pay through a site called Boosty.to, or crypto (which I kind of ruled out immediately), because most of the big payment sites don't work in Russia. I did some googling, but I'm still not sure if this site is safe? Maybe I'm just being a worrywart, I know they wouldn't send something shady, but it's just not super well known

5. I paid through Boosty.to. My card company freaked out, we had a little chat, and everything's fine. I agree it seems a little sketch, but the main concern was that it wasn't me who made the charge, not that the site itself was problematic.

6. Grr I pre-ordered and tried to pay through Boosty.to, and my bank disabled my card... We got it sorted out very quickly, but god. I don't know how this'll get solved honestly; I just hope it can, somehow.

Edit: essentially I think my bank's concern was the same, I'm a bit afraid to try again now though lol. I wonder if it'd make a difference if I put the money on my PayPal account/wallet first and use that on Boosty? Can my bank freak out about that again or only PayPal would be able to see that transaction? Again I'm probably worrying much more than I should lol

#366 Hattie, Jan 12, 2023
      Last edited: Jan 12, 2023
    7. your bank will also see the transaction, and possibly freak out again. When I had to call to sort things out with my card company I told them how many transactions I expected to make and when I would be doing it. The following transactions went smoothly without further issue.

8. Yea I decided to not get one of the bodies, just didn't want to pay that much just for a body, man I wish other companies did plus size bodies like this. But hey I told myself to slow down on the purchasing so I guess I saved me some money and hassle as it seems because I'm sure my bank would have done the same..lol

9. Thank you so much for your answers <3 I made the 1st layaway payment today - we had to split it into two parts, but it worked.

10. I know this thread is technically for the large size dolls. I recently got a second hand 1/4 scale Leith head. I was wondering if anyone else with a 1/4 size head could tell me what size eyes you found fitted best in there.

11. Y'all I'm starting to feel like I'm not qualified enough for this :...( I got a cryptocloud.plus invoice this month. I trust the company but I shudder at the word "crypto". Someone calm me down lol

12. @Hattie : If it can help you, try to think of "crypto" as another form of currency, like the dollar, or the baht, or the roubles. While a lot of stories about cryptocurrency are sad (scams, etc.) a lot of people who had some crypto currency and who had to evacuate their country (most recently Ukraine) could get some cash quickly in another country thanks to cryptocurrency.

I mean, the word crypto scares me too. XD But there is scams in other forms of currency, so the same rules apply to crypto: be careful, but use it when you need to.

Though I am glad I ordered my Argodoll body last year, before all of this went down.

13. Anyone else get an email that their dolls have shipped? I imagine that shipping will take For-ev-er, but fingers crossed that they arrive before my birthday in April

14. I received my plus size body recently from the last preorder and I love her so much!!! Her ankles are so weak though so I'll have to suede them, but other than that it's great.
      [​IMG]

15. That black plus-size is sooooo pretty!

16. She’s stunning! Her hair compliments the skin tone so well!

17. I just picked up (as in she arrived today) a secondhand Medea on the plus sized body. I impulse bought her because her price was great, and I wasn't sure if I was going to keep her. But she's ENCHANTING. She's solid, yet graceful. Her resin is a beautiful texture. I have no idea how I'm going to style her (or put her, my shelf space is crowded already), but I'm pretty sure she's here to stay.

[​IMG]

18. Oh she's so lovely @Thymeseer! This is the exact sculpt and resin color I'd have loved, but I just wasn't financially able to make the last preorder. I'll enjoy yours lots though! Please post more when you can!

19. Could someone tell me the shoulder width of the 1/3 plus sized body?

20. Oh she is gorgeous! Also nice resin tone, what color is she in?