1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Argonautica Dolls Discussion

Aug 8, 2016

1. I wish I knew! I guess it's best to write them?

2. I'm really loving the head sculpts of this company quite a lot. I've only discovered them recently. Does anyone happen to know the shoulder width of the male body? It seems like the measurement listed there is a circumference? And has anyone tried any of the male heads on a slimmer body?

3. I can't help there :( But you're not alone in the thread, LOL :D Paging @VampireAngel13 to get measurements of body please for @shirahime pretty please :D ^^^

4. :3nodding: Thanks @IngieBee - I did notice you had the Ifit head. Which body did you end up with? I know you posted her on the April Story body at one point. Shame she is sold out though. I'm really tempted by the Zet head. I'm also surprised that trying to find owner photos of these dolls is really difficult. There aren't a lot out there or on here in fact. They are really unique stunning dolls.

5. She is sitting on the April Story body, which is pretty, but really arches her back. I'm going to try hot gluing her so she stops, LOL. And she is kind of loose or something, she doesn't behave and is hard to stand. So I'll do all her joints because the April Story Classy doll body is very similar in look, but the previous owner sueded her Oh wait.... wait, i'm confused again, it's the other way around, Ifit is on the Classydoll body with the sueding, it's my delf event head that is on the newer body and she keeps arching her back and her feet keep flipping around, LOL. She needs a re-stringing and sueding!

in my defense I did get the bodies at the same time, er... and I'm old.... LOL

6. My Argodoll order (full Laertes) is currently sitting at the custom office, I can measure the body for you once he gets here :)

7. @IngieBee Those are both beautiful bodies. She looks really nice on that Classy Doll body but I would think she would look just as good on the April Story one too.

@meanae Oh thank you, that would be greatly appreciated if you are able to do that. Laertes is a lovely sculpt. I really like him and Zet a lot. I hope you can post photos or a box opening when he arrives.

8. Yah, those boys are hunky! I'd also love to see photos!

9. @shirahime - shoulder width is 16,5cm, 17cm if you measure from the middle of the upper arm.

Unfortunately the body doesn't work out for my switch head -the neck is too thick, and even though I don't mind modding it smaller, the rest of the body also doesn't click with me, so to say. Back to the draiwing board to find a new one. *sighs*

10. @meanae That is too bad that your body does not match. Are you planning on keeping your Laertes. He looks so great in the company pictures, so I'd love to see your boy still.

11. @meanae Thank you for taking the time to measure that shoulder width for me. Hmm, the body I am getting has shorter width so I'm wondering if that will work with a Zet head now. I think the one I am getting is something like 15-15.5cm. I'm sorry to hear the body doesn't work for your Switch head. That's a shame. It's always such a trial and error process when it comes to hybriding isn't it? I hope you can find a suitable body for the head.

12. @Prinsessen - no :) I'll sell him as a full doll in a few days. The heads reminds me a lot of Tom Hiddelston, by the way! I really like Argodolls overall sculpting, even if it doesn't fit with my collection.

@shirahime - the Argodoll heads themself are pretty slim (and small), so I think they might look okay on a body with smaller shoulders :) You just need to tale care of their rather big 11cm neck holes...

13. @meanae I think the OT body I have on order has a 10.8cm neck according to the official measurements listed so the head should be right to fit the body. I just re-checked the shoulder width and it's actually 14cm. I think the wider shoulder was for their version 1 body and I ordered the version 2 body. I actually saw recently on the artist's instagram that there is a 1/4 version of Zet coming. Thanks for the tip though!

14. I'm waiting for clothes before I take more pictures, but I'd love to see anyone's pictures of their Argonautica dolls :)

15. I wish Argo doll reconsider stopping orders for Feret. This is the only head I'm interested in, and the only reasons I haven't bought it, are because I don't like the body's joints and I don't want another floating head around. I am not fond of hybrids unless both the body and the head are manufactured by the same company.

This is not a good time. Why didn't they try to fix the joints?

I am going to mourn Feret.

16. @Lilla - she was working on a new female body (you can see it on her Flickr and Instagram pages). This one looks rounder and softer in shape than her first one. Perhaps she's going to sell it for the various sizes in limited batches?

Personally, I love many things about the current body (I have owned it in 1/6 size). It is very posable! Maybe some of the joints may be a bit blocky (knees, elbows) but the torso sculpting is beautiful, and she looks graceful in many poses.

I'm happy to hear that she might bring back the 1/3 Ifit head for a limited order next year. That one is my favorite!

17. @StellaMarigold , where are the Flickr pictures? I cannot find anything under 'Lany'. I am just coming across the old body.

Ifit did catch my eye :lol:, as did Laertes and Zet. To me, Feret is more handsome than beautiful, this is why she appeals to me the most. I would love to have her among my crew.

18. @Lillia - I'm sorry! I misremembered - I saw the face on Flickr as well, but the actual body was only posted on Instagram. Here's the link - it's obviously a WIP but looks lovely.

Argonautica Dolls on Instagram: “I've been working on this girl for 1.5 years. And now, finally I plan to finish this project. She's so treasured for me #argodoll…”

I agree with you about Feret - at first I didn't realize she was on the female body! She has a great face, with lots of character. Maybe you could relax your "no more floating heads" rule just a little to let her in? :)

19. @StellaMarigold , if this is the new body, it's unlikely Feret's head will be offered again. Her face wouldn't fit with the new body.

Well, what am I going to do now? :doh

20. Welp, just placed an order for a Zet head in brown. Ever since he was released I knew Zet was going to be shelling one of my characters, but I guess Argonautica kind of forced my hand into ordering him now. :sweat Thank everything they allow layaway for heads lol (yay and I kinda broke my promise to never have more than one layaway going on, whoops). Kind of sad they're getting rid of their 1/3 line...guess they want to focus on the 1/4 scale from now on?

I ordered him with a faceup, and I'm very interested in seeing how that might look on the brown skin. From what I've seen, the brown is a gorgeous deep rich color. Can't wait to see what it looks like IRL.