1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Argonautica Dolls Discussion

Aug 8, 2016

1. My Little Lei is being shipped! I'm so excited! This is my first doll and StellaMarigold sold her Little Ifi head to me, so my girl Aeron is coming together.

2. I'm so excited to hear that, @Sno-Oki! I look forward to seeing what you do when your girl is complete!

3. Awesome @Sno-Oki ! I was just going to pop in to say my Ifit got a new wig and outfit and I hope to take pictures tomorrow :D

4. Um question - which of Argo's resin colours is the best match for Dollshe Pure Freshskin? (Sorting out the details of my order with them at the moment but not sure if I should go for cream or white skin)

5. Some time ago I wanted to match an Argodoll head to a Dollshe body, and Lany told me that her Cream option perfectly matches Dollshe Oriental, and said she could make a custom batch of paler resin in the same shade. She told me that when I ordered the body, I should leave a message in the comments section indicating I needed a paler version of Cream. So you might email her and let you know if you want a paler Cream (she's lovely to talk to!).

And if she's not offering custom colors now, if you are not in a hurry, I'll be receiving a white skin Argodoll head within a week or two (it has shipped, but I'm in the US) and I can compare it to the my Dollshe Fresh samples.

Judging by the comparison posted on Flickr (comparing my Normal Pink Argodoll head with my Dollshe Fresh samples, Cream definitely looks closer than White):
      Argodoll Basic colors

6. Thanks! I'll ask about the pale cream. Though cream also looks useful if the answer about custom colours is a no.

(Managed to get my Laertes head ordered at the very last minute. He might become Havelock Vetinari mkII replacing the current shell for the character, or he might become Methos depending on how I feel when he arrives. Though if he's Methos I don't know what skin colour would have worked best lol, but much blushing will have to occur.)

7. You're welcome! And congratulations on purchasing the Laertes head! I like him a lot - he has wonderful cheekbones.

8. Thanks! Yeah as soon as I spotted Laertes I was doomed - those cheekbones and that nose scream either Havelock Vetinari as drawn by Paul Kidby or... Peter Wingfield/Methos which kind of amounts to the same thing tbh!

(woo! Pale cream is a go - thanks again!)

9. Yay! I hope you receive him quickly and post photos when you finish his stylization!

10. @Vetinari I hope everything comes together well for you! Congratulations on your order!

My Ifit got a new wig and outfit this week, so of course I want to spam a picture :XD:

[​IMG]My Argonautica Ifit by ingiebee, on Flickr

11. She looks wonderful! I love that combination of reddish hair, freckles, and green eyes!

12. Thanks guys! If he comes out anywhere near as wonderfully as your dolls I'll be very happy. The Argo sculpts seem to paint up incredibly well from what I've seen on this thread.

@IngieBee She's stunning!

13. Aw, thanks ya'all. I think I need to style the wig a bit more, but I wanted something a little different, shorter hair. That's always harder to get right :) .I am hoping to make her a tartan dress or jumper (I got this thing for jumpers, LOL) with a beret, LOL

14. Wow, I think she's so pretty on both bodies, but the bigger body would be unique to my collection. I know there have been bigger bodies made before, actually I have two "fat fairies" from sleeping elf, so she wouldn't be entirely unique.... but I can't get anything!!!! So tempting!

15. I love this! Ordered one, and the head that goes with it. I LOVE that it's in the under 60cm scale, as other dolls similarly detailed often seem to run on the 65cm end.

16. Congratulations @ronnie92 !!! Wish so much that I could order!

17. I got lucky with the timing for sure. The Nelei head is so pretty too....

I have no plans for this one, though. I hope she'll find her place when she arrives.