1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Aria doll - 5 years Sweet discussion thread

May 7, 2011

1. I think these dolls are super elegant. I love the price!! I like Cherry the best for the 5 years and 7 years sweet su-B. Trying to decide which to get.

2. I agree with many of you that Cherry does indeed look like a YOSD Four Sisters. I hope the resemblance isn't just due to the lighting or the faceup. I've been saving for a sister for my YOSD Megu but if her resemblance is enough to seem related then I'm all aboard. I just hope her sculpt isn't limited as I'd like to see owner photos before purchasing.

Banana is also adorable~ :3 Her nose kind of reminds me of Kun's button nose. Also, to lamira, Ariadoll seems to be affiliated with Everpurple.

3. @Topazrain: that was the name i was looking for...
      everpurple begun with these kind of dolls and after a while there was a notice that the doll designers where going on with a different name for their doll brand, and thus ariadoll was born.ariadolls have the same body the first everpurple dolls where sold with, the head sculpt never got made again as far as i know..

i posted a question on their board about the face-up, if they don't offer it i think they should notice it clearly on their website and post pictures of a blan doll as well, as that is what you are getting..
      i really like the doll the way she is pictured and i am not sure if i like the blank mold and if i could get a face-up artist to duplicate that fce-up which she is pictured with, so if she doen't come with face-up i guess she won't coming to me at al, snif and that would be sad..
      but i really don't like to sell my dolls again bacause of not bonding, i just sold a lot of them because of bonding problems and it is no fun...

4. I dont think Cherry is limited because the site says, premade instock, but may be listed temporary out of stock. I am assuming they will remake their batches as they run out. I find her totally adorable. I already have an F-01 SD size and I was already feeling like I would never be able to get her in Yo size. This is the perfect comprimize. She looks enough like the mold I love without being a copy. Plus she has definite differences but I love those differences. And their whole line looks related, which I love. Rosenlied is my other love I just hope these girl can wear the same outfits.
      Hopefully she will be in stock in a few months, I am waiting to find out if Volks is releasing Alice/Lorina since they are my first priority :)
      Photos soon all who ordered!
      Now I am just not sure what skin color to get. Plus I like the two piece torso but I am not a wing person.
      Absythne please let me know what you think of the one piece torso, since I will most likely go with it. I was hoping she would come with a face up, but I never keep the defaults anyhow so I cannot complain.

5. The more I look at Cherry, the more I feel how perfect she is AND she would fit in perfectly with my other girls. I have always wanted a more realistic face sculpt, but never found a YoSized doll that would suit my taste. I have put a question on Aria's Q&A board asking for the face-up. I have also asked for a pic of the blank head and a profile pic (profiles, esp. of the nose are always important for me^^).
      I have just sold enough dolls to have the money for this one, but I need some more days to think about it.
      BTW, I have searched for measurements on the site, but I couldn't find them. I found a page where they displayed the 5 yrs body, but the measuments were not visible for me.

6. Babyelf, I was wondering about measurements myself. I saw she is 25cm but nothing else. I am really hoping she can fit Rosenlied outfits. I love her face but she doesnt have much of a nose which is okay with me. I am holding off until owner pictures but I can see that she could look really amazing with a custom face up.

7. So, I just got confirmation from Aria doll that face-ups are not included and are not done by them.
      But they WILL upload pictures of the blank heads soon *yay*.

8. yup i got the same message, that's really not cooll, and i hope they will upload blank pics soon.
      I am looking in the marketplace for face-up artists that i may like for cherry's face-up if i get her..but i always find it hard to search for a face-up artist on doa, there are so many of them, lol and i life in europe so usa based is gonna cost me a limb on shipping..
      any european people here that know some good face-up artists in europe?

lamira

9. Well, as they don't mention faceups I just assumed that they don't. I haven't heard anything from them since I paid, not even a computer generated payment thing which is a little bit odd, but on my account at their site it does say they received the money so that's good.

10. I received a payment confirmation, but it went to my spam folder for some reason :)

Hoping my new little one will be shipping next Monday like promised!

11. WillowRain - Be sure to make LOTS of pictures ^^.

12. I will, I will :)

I thought she was coming with a faceup, but I'm sure Banana blank will be just as cute!

13. I broke down and ordered Cherry in white skin with the regular sweet body. I do wish she came with a default wig since I only have a few yo wigs and my other two yos are wearing them. She was too cute to pass up. I have not yet got a confirmation but I just ordered and paid with paypal. I hope she ships Monday. Shipping was $50.00 which is quite expensive for a yo, Rosenlied charges about $24.00 to the US. Maybe they will include some goodies. Photos soon.

14. Tsukidoll - Can't wait to see pics of Cherry in WS!! I'm still on the fence if I should order her or not. Do I need another YoSD sized girl?

15. I showed my hubby her and he said, why are you waiting just get her. So I did lol I have two Yo's and I was debating on getting Cherry or Rosenlied Beige. I have had two Beiges already and they just keep leaving for other dolls. I think because Cherry was so reasonable I went for it plus there wasnt any "extra" to buy. They dont sell anything else.

16. For people curious about the white skintone - the white resin is a really nice creamy tone! much less white than the soom white.
      I really like the white resin from this company. I do love little banana! I do like the other one too which I agree looks like the volks yo-sd. The resin quality is nice from this company. I found the heads are on the small side for the Mini version. But the yo sized girls look to have larger heads in proportion to the body so they might be large enough for me. The body I am guessing will be great - as was the mini body which poses beautifully.

17. Treelore-Thanks for posting about the skin tone. I have Yo Alice and she is not pasty white so I was afraid this girl might be too chalky. I like Banana too! But I feel like I am never gonna get a four sister for a decent price and I really liked Cherry's face. When I compare Volks four sister and Cherry they are more different than I realized but similar enough that I can get over my four sister obsession. I do wish they sold wigs and eyes.

18. Not chalky at all and also the resin is soft and smooth and heavy! very nice.

19. Do you own one of their dolls in WS? I'd love to see some comparison pics of their white skin tone <3

I wish they would upload some pics of the blank faces, as they have promised! I either have to see owner pics or pics of the blank head to be sure if I should order Cherry or not ^^.

20. I did own Isabel the mini size doll but I sold her as I found her head size too small for me.