1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Aria doll - 5 years Sweet discussion thread

May 7, 2011

1. No shipping info or anything yet even though they say they have them in stock *pout* Anyone thinking an order room might be kinda nice? Then we can chat about them, and know what has been ordered, arrived, etc :)

2. Babyelf did you see the skin tone comparisions on the site? They look very similar to Rosenlied, where the white is more creme and not chalky. If you need the link let me know I can pm it to you. If you click on information it will go to the common question page and it has white vs natural. It is very subtle.

Absynthe- That is a great idea. I ordered my girl in WS with the sweet body. I am hoping they ship on Monday like the site says :)

3. Thank you, I went to the site to have a look! Actually I love RL white skin ^^. If Aria's skin color is similar to RL, I just have to order a Cherry! I'm still waiting for the first owner pics (today should be the first shipping day, right?).

4. Babyelf- I am basing the comparisons to Rosenlied from the photo, so I really do not know for sure if they match. I got my shipping order today, in my spam, I almost deleted it lol It said from uiui so I thought it was spam but I had a feeling I should just peek and it was Cherry :) I traded my Rosenlied Beige for another doll but I am ordering another one very soon. The photo makes the resin look more similar like Volks, or Rosenlied and I had read on (I think flickr) that their resin matches Volks. But dont quote me on it. I will look for that comment again.

5. I got my shipping info yesterday as well :dance

Can't wait!!!!

6. My new little one arrived today! She's so cute that I think I actually was squeeing when I was opening her ;)

Here's just a little taste since she doesn't have eyes, a wig or a faceup yet:

[​IMG]

7. Cute! My girl arrived too but I have class shortly so I cannot get photos yet. She seems larger than I expected and bulkier. She has a nice color a cream more than white. I am going to compare her to my Volks girls later. Her resin isnt as nice as Volks. She has some shiny spots but nothing that bothers me. If your a really picky person it might bother you. She was sent in the tiniest box, no words on it, pretty plain no certificates or any info. I imagine the are a fairly new company just getting off the ground. She is really cute and has a good weight to her. She seems like she poses well.

8. Whats the head size like in comparison to the body do you feel the head is on the small size? I like larger heads.

9. Banana's head is smaller then my LTF's...her's measures just a little bigger then 6 and a quarter inches around where my LTF's is around 6.5"...HTH!

10. Oh no! I knew I shouldn't be lurking in this thread. She is soooooo adorable WillowRain!! I'm in love with her little button nose.

11. I know! I wasn't planning on ordering her, but my hands just danced right over to Paypal for her ;)

Oh! Her eyes probably need to be about 12mm if anyone would like to know!

12. I'm also curious about how well the eyes fit in the eye sockets and how they feel in. I like nice even eyes.

Willow: I love banana's nose :) she's so doppy but in a cute way, she kind of reminds me of Doppy from snowwhite.

13. Oh my gosh that was fast! She looks adorable, her face is so delicate and cute! :D I look forward to seeing her completed, geez her mouth is cute.

I can't wait to see more of these dolls, I'm eagerly awaiting what comparisons people are willing to give since I think a Cherry is in my future. :sweat

14. hey :) I collected my Aria from the post office today. She is really cute. I felt like the corner of her right eye had a resin bubble as it's a gap more than on the left eye, but I just saw Willowrain's one and it looks the same. Not a fault then?

I think she is very cute, and a really nice colour. I cannot wait to paint her!

One pointer for Aria would be to include a COA or something cute like that, I assumed all doll companies have paperwork and logos on their boxes, but seems Aria don't? Would have been a nice finishing touch.

15. The head is on the large size. I have not had time to take photos since I am studying for finals but it is large. She is big. I need to take measurements because I think the 25cm posted must be wrong. I seriously need to go compare her today. I need to charge my camera first. Measurements soon! I am thinking more of a size 7 wig.

Absynthe I thought that was odd too. No certificate or anything. They could have just printed one off a computer on pretty paper. Does Cherry seem large to you? It might be because I have not yet taken her upstairs to meet the other girls. She is stashed with my 3 packages from overseas lol wigs and more wigs. I love her color. Her head seems more proportion to Volks yo's she is definitely bigger than Rosenlied, even though I dont have my Rosenlied girl anymore I can tell she is bigger. She has a larger more toddler body too. I like it but I hope she fits Volks clothes at least. Maybe in the future Aria will have more custom items, ie boxes, certificates, and maybe some accessories like wigs and eyes.
      If anyone gets time for measurements before me please post them.

16. Yes try some Yo-sized outfits on and show us every one! well I like bigger dolls :) but yes it would be nice if she could fit yo as it just makes things easier.

17. I'm super excited to see pictures. <3 Especially any comparison photos with a YO or similar sizes. :3

18. I'm so eager to see more piccies ^^. Please post a lot!

19. Well I have painted my little Cherry and she is really cute- I noticed her her eyes aren't exactly symmetrical, but then again- I don't suppose anyones are in real life. The eye wells are also quite tricky to get the eyes to not go crossed lol

Anyway, I haven't compared her to all my tinies, but she seems the same. She is slightly shorter than my BID and her head seems smaller too. I don't have any actually YOSD (volks's) to compare her too, but she is the same or smaller than Leeke D, Cutie Delf, and IH BID, she is a lot shorted than the B&G tinies, but my Eli is the tallest of all of them.

I will get some piccies put up at some point, but my sister still has my upload cable :/