1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Aria doll - 5 years Sweet discussion thread

May 7, 2011

1. Aw, can't wait to see piccies ^^! Hope your sister gives the cable back soon!

2. Me too! I am busy with studying for my final exam tomorrow so no time for dolling. But Tuesday look out lol I still have not taken my girl upstairs to compare her to my Volks girls. I will definietly do that Tuesday since I will have no class or kids :)
      I cannot wait to see what she looks like with a face. I am not very good at painting dolls but I wanted to try again before I send Cherry away. Babyelf what eye size does she take?

3. Hm, website says 14mm. Looks like she even shares eye size with Yosd Kira ^^.

4. Oh good gracious! O.O That face just stabs right through my heart! What absolute perfection:D I adore Banana so much:aheartbea Such a sincere, innocent little face:XD: I'd love to see her all done up!

5. Any Cherry pics for an impatient babyelf??

6. I didn't know about these gal either. Their bodies remind me a bit of the Leeke ones. I like the fact that they have magnets so that you can add wings. Can't wait to see more owner pics.

7. Babyelf I am gonna charge the camera up tonight. I am waiting for my kids to go to bed so I can go compare the girls. I just finished school so today was my first day of no classes. I have a lot of catch up with cleaning all while sneaking some doll time in. I am going to try and paint her next week so I will be posting blank photos mostly for comparison. I have a ws Volks Alice to do the shots with.

8. No hurry, Tsuki ^^. I'm just so eager to see some owner pics. Take a good rest first!

9. So Cherry is a little smaller than Volks. She is almost the exact skin tone but more yellowy. If you hold her in the light you can see just a slight difference. She is a little more delicate. She has really sweet detailed hands, much prettier than Volks chunky ones. I took measurements but of course I didnt bring them with me to the computer. I will add them today. She has a smaller head than Volks, it measures 6.5 inches and the one Rosenlied wig I have fits her perfect. As for eyes I tried a pair of Volks 14mm and they took up her whole eye socket, barely any white showed so I need to get her some 12mm. She looks like she is a little chunkier than Rosenlied, especially the abdomen which was bigger than Volks. I tried Lorina's default outfit on her and it fits like a glove even the shoes fit perfect. I will try a Rosenlied outfit next. No photos yet because we had a weird storm hit and it is dark and pouring today, which really irks me. She is a cutie and I was really hoping to try to paint her soon. Maybe next week.

10. Thanks for the information, Tsuki! Good to hear that Volks outfits fit her. How do you like her profile? I am really curious about how her nose looks from all kind of angles. She seems to have such a cute button nose, according to Ariadoll's sales pictures.

11. Well, I just tried on a Rosenlied outfit and it fits her perfect. I have a feeling she may also fit Rosenlied shoes. I have a pair of boots I will try on soon. I forgot I had them. Her nose is cute, from the side it has sort of a ski jump, dips in then the tip. It is supposed to dry out tomorrow so I can gets some photos. The Volks shoes need socks otherwise they are a little loose but not much.

Edit: Rosenlied boots fit her perfect!! I am thrilled since I will be getting another Rosenlied girl shortly, they can share shoes and clothes/wigs. ♥

12. That sounds great!! I'm so glad that she fits into RL outfits and shoes!

13. bump for piccies :D

14. Our weather is still bad here but I will take a couple anyway. She is super cute. I tried on 14mm eyes from Volks but they were too big. Then I tried on my Volks Alice default eyes in 14mm and they fit perfect so the others might have been mis-marked :(
      She doesnt have a face up or eyes so she will look a little odd but I just want to get a photo of her blank mold for you all to see.

Sorry no pic yet, it is still pouring here :( I live in California, where it is supposed to be sunny year round. It has not stopped raining all week :( Photos soon I promise :)

Okay, the sun decided to poke its head out so I ran outside and snapped a few shots. No face up or eyes on this poor girl but she is clothed.
      Babyelf I am pming you the rest as not to clutter the thread. I am just posting two here.
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. is there someone with a banana yet, i know ariadoll promised blank pictures but they didn't post them and as they come blank i would like to see the blank faces, lol
      so anyone with a banana that can take a picture of her blank face, face-upped pictures are good as well, i loved the girls wih their face-up on but i have to get used to their blank faces i think, so i am also wondering how she would turn out with other face-ups as on their website..

16. lamira, there was a Banana on the marketplace yesterday. Maybe it's still there.

17. Lamira if you scroll up to post #47 there is a blank photo of Banana posted by WillowRain. She is in natural skin, where my Cherry is in white skin. My photos are sort of yellow because it was evening after a whole day of rain so there wasnt much natural light and I did not want to use a flash. Aria's white skin matches Volks pretty well, its just a hair yellower.

18. wow now i really have troubles deciding which one to get, i want the angel body, she will be my litle angel and will be called rosalia or rosa for short after my mum in law (it's her third name) who bought my first doll so i could sew and sell doll clothes ..
      (ok she kept bitching with every doll i bought after that, but that's ok,most mums do that and don't buy the doll,lol), my mum in law is very sick, so that's why i wanted to name her after her..
      ok maybe not so on topic but well i just wanted to share that..
      but i think i'm more for banana at this point, it's difficult..
      i found this lovely dragon doll that will be her companion: it's singe the dragon from TheMushroomPeddler, not sure if i can post a link here to the dragon as i don't know she is on topic or not, but she is cute as hell (you can find her on etsy and she has the cutest animal bjd's ever)

19. Sorry to hear about your Mom :(
      I like Banana and Cherry. Cherry sort of looks like Volks four sister mold, although they are definitely different, they look similar. If you really want a unique girl I would go with Banana. She is very cute. I went with Cherry because she look similar to the four sister mold without the price or being a copy.
      I would down load both photos and print them out. Look at them and the one that makes you go go awww is the one you get.
      Sometimes I love molds but I just know they will not work in my doll family. For example I adore mature SD girls but I prefer more child like dolls for the most part. If I brought a mature girl she just wouldnt fit in. I hope to try and paint Cherry this week but I am not a professional by any means so I have no idea how she will turn out.

20. Thanks for the sweet words, we knew she was ill from september, ut we had some hope she could get cured, but at this point we know she (probably) isn't going to be better..

i always make a word document with pictures of both molds, the problem is that if i put the ace-upped pictures there side by side it's aww for cherry, but for the blank pictures it was huh or cherry and aww for banana, lol
      so there's the dificulty..
      i will be doing the face-up and blushing myself as well for this one ( never done a yosd, so i hope she will tur out good, if not i will send her for face-up) so i don't think my face-up will be better than yours,lol
      i asked ariadoll for pictures of the blank doll and they said they where preparing to make them (bit late as they promised to make them weeks ago, but hey better late then never)
      so i will still be doubting, but i think it's sure i will one of them be it cherry or banana, they are very cute and i love the little angel wings with her..