1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Aria doll - 5 years Sweet discussion thread

May 7, 2011

1. I cannot imagine your face ups are as amateur as mine. I need lots more practice. I tend to love really good face ups so I end up paying for it. Good artists are expensive and hard to get into. Who will you commission if you go that route?
      Again, sorry for what your going through with your Mom:)

2. well to be honest i never commissioned an face-up artist before i either get them from the company with face-up or i do it myself.
      i have difficulty sending a doll over the ocean for face-up shipping and customs can make the thing really expensive, so i'm mostly searching for European face-up artist, i saw some that where nice, there was a girl in belgium that had a nice style..

but i really want to try to make this girl pretty myself because of my mum-in law, and if i get something in my mind i mostly just try till it is good, lol

the hardest part will probably be the brows, but as i go or the soft angel look i probably can do it only with pastel without drawing in the hairs with paint or pencil..
      i had ordered some dolls from leeke and they come with gift wigs, so i hope there is something nice in there for the stil yet to decide little angel..

i think i take the plunge and order her pet dragon as they have a making time of 6 to 12 weeks..

3. I have the right wig for my Cherry now, so I shall try and get a nice piccy (also have the upload cable finally lol). My face-ups aren't brilliant; but I am happy with her. I haven't any eyelashes in for her yet, but I'm not sure it's overly noticeable.

4. Okay I'm back. Sorry about the lighting etc, I also tried to tidy up the black background quickly is PS so hopefully the photos aren't too horrific lol!

Here is Dorothy. She is a NS Cherry on the sweet body :) She is really cute- I love the button nose and slightly parted lips.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. She's heart meltingly cute! :D
      I really wish I could find a reason to buy a Cherry... I just don't have any plans for another Yo-SD sized doll. :( But her face is just to die for.

6. Absynthe - OMG, she's so adorable!! The face-up really suits her well and you did an amazing job painting her! Eeep, you make me want a Cherry so badly ^^. I love her chin and mouth part (I'm a sucker for open mouth and slightly parted lips). Would it be possible for you to take a profile shot of her? I'd love to see her nose from the side.

7. AWww, Cherry came out adorable! I am still waiting on some sunshine to paint my girl. I could paint her today but I am feeling under the weather so no go today. I love her cute freckles.

I wanted to ask Absynthe dont you find her elbow joints sort of odd? I dont know if I like how they look straight out. I am sort of afraid that section that jets out when her arm is bent will snap off. I love that you painted her body too cute.

8. what size wig does she take? there are no measurements for her on the website, the only thing that is known is that she is 25 cm..
      i have some 6 wigs, but more 7 wigs, i can make wigs myself as well, but love to know what sizes you are using for your girls..
      i will probably get some extra gift wigs with my leekeworld ents as well, but they aren't shipped yet.
      i am leaning more towards banana at this moment, i liked banana better on owner pics than cherry, so i will think about it for a few days and will order her and her pet dragon before the weekend so she can ship monday...
      i have to search for some angel-ish fabric in my hobby room to dress my little rosa..which will be her name definitely...

lamira

9. Cherry fits Rosenlied wigs/shoes and clothing really well. So a size 6-7 will fit perfect meaning littlefee wigs will fit as well as other yo size wigs. She is a little chubbier in the waist than other yos but not too much. I got the regular body not the Angel body.

10. yay, i finally ordered my aria 5 angel banana and her pet dragon today.
      Hopefully she ships monday, her dragin will ship in 6 till 12 weeks, so that will take some more time, but my rosa will probably be finished by then..

11. my girl is shipping, hopefully she goes trough customs without the xtra price tag, but i'm guessing she comes with a fat bill, sigh.
      after that i'm gonna do the face-up of her and her blushing, i bought some nice weft to make a wig and i have some nice extra wigs from leeke world,
      i'm really excited!!

lamira

12. She is here! she got shipped monday the 27th and i wasn't expecting her for a week due to customs, but she arrived an hour ago, without extra charges..
      and i'm so happy!!
      i ordered the cherry and she is very cute, i love her face, her nose and her wings..
      i'm going to do the face-up and blushing myself, maybe i do a bit shimmer on her wings, oh i really really like her!
      ok enough with the sqeeing, i will post pictures when she is complete..

13. Congrats, lamira!! I hope you'll post lots of pics (of course you can also pic spam if she's not yet done ^^ ... love seeing blank face pics).

14. I own a 5yrs Banana on Angel body, in NS. Her name is Frieda.
      She is still blank, because I can't choose between two make-up designs I made for her... Why Aria Doll can't create their dolls with faceplates like Unoa and Narae creators did... Then I could buy her a second faceplate so that she could have both make-ups ;)
      Some no-faceup photos for those ones who were interested:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And I have also a comparision photo with my CH Ange Ai Tubby.
      Someone asked, if 5yrs dolls are chubby like YoSD are. No, they are not. As I noticed, 5yrs measurements are almost the same as CH Ange Ai and Soom Teenie Gem (once I had a Teenie Gem, and I checked her measurements with Ange Ai Tubby, that is why I know that Ange Ai and Teenie Gem measurements are almost the same), so that they can share clothes. I checked it with my CH Ange Ai Tubby :)

[​IMG]

As far as head size is concerned, my Banana's head size is 6-7 inch and she can wear many 6-7 wigs from different companies. As I noticed her neck/head ratio is not so big as it looks like on company photos. Banana is a really nice casted YoSD-sized tiny.

BUT... One thing made me annoyed- why Aria Doll made this 'hole' between doll's leg- I mean this 'hole' through which the elastic string is placed. And why Aria Doll have already glued the wing magnets into the doll's back ? There is really thin resin at the bottom of those back magnets holes and there is no way to fix it... If the wing magnets were sent separately, I could fix this thin resin problem with Epoxy Putty and after that I could glue the magnets into the doll's back. But now I can do nothing. What if one day this thin resin cracks ? The same problem is with this 'hole' between the doll's legs. 5yrs Banana/ Cherry is not SO small doll as for example Puki-Puki is, so stringing doll through this 'hole' between doll's legs is an useless and dangerous idea. In the area of this 'hole', the external resin layer is also very thin. What if the elastic string pushes this thin layer and break the doll ? I re-strung my Banana in the normal way (using two strings- one string for one lower limb) but I'm still afraid that this thin resin will crack one day... Aria Doll should mention this weird way of stringing... I love my Banana, she is really pretty and well casted... except for these mentioned 'hole' and magnets in the back.

I'm curious- does the 'human' body also have this weird 'hole' between doll's legs ? Or is it present only in 'angel' body ?

15. Idemo - OMG, your Banana is so cute! What a cutie face! Thanks for the comparison. I really like the chubby body... it looks more human to me than most of the Yo-sized dolls.

16. Banana definately has different eye hole shapes for each eye too.

I do wonder about aria as a company they do nice bodies and nice resin but in other areas they seem a bit thoughtless..... JUST my opinion I know everyone has different things that they don't like about certain dolls.

17. Yes, it's true. Eyehole shape difference is noticeable, but not very much in reality. On the photos with 'macro'- yes. But this happens in case of many, many dolls. If someone doesn't like it, the eyehole difference can be modded and so that corrected :)
      I'm annoyed about this 'hole' and magnets problem- these can't be fixed... :(

18. i just finished blushing on her body and wings, an i almost finished her face up, done all the blushing and shadowing there, now i need to do the brows and the lashes, which are always the hardest especially on a doll this small, till now it wnet very good, but i have trouble getting her a nice brow shape, oh well i don't have to hurry,
      i made her anice dress from cotton, still needs bloomers and a cardigan..

as for the eye difference it doesn't bother me, as i'm not 100% symmetrical either, the hole between her legs, i never noticed, maybe i have to check, and i looked at the magnets in het back, but i barely see them sitting, so maybe my resin is a bit thicker there?
      i really love her body, it is very cute, and it poses well, i only had to hotglue suede her waist joint and her elbows, the rest was pretty good and didn't need ht glue sueding (i did the arm joint anyway just for that extra bit resistance for her arm poses, but it was not necessary)

so today it is off to the sewing machine again, and i am waiting on her new eyes and probably gonna make her wig myself..i had some nice weft..
      she won't get upper lashes, as i cannot get them in nicely myself, and they always fall of anyway...

19. I have not been on here for a while. My poor Cherry is still blank. It has either been raining or 100 degrees here. I will have to look at her body. I have the human no wing body. I do not like the elbow joints they are odd but livable. I think I do remember seeing a holes and wondering what that was about but I cannot remember where they were. I think they were in the wrist and ankle balls/joints. Soon as I get some free time I will take some photos. My body does not have that separate torso part which I wish she did.

TreeLore- to me it seems like they are a new company and have not yet worked out their kinks. They do not have printed boxes, eyes or wigs. I would think eventually they will have some sort of brand packaging and offer at least a default wig and acrylic eyes. I hate acrylic eyes and I personally would pay for a pair of eyes if they sold them. Wigs too.

20. they are a sister company of everpurple, who sells pretty eyes, i think ariadolls, the dolly part is relatively new, but i'm not that disappointed with the box, it's a nice simple box..
      eyes would be nice, but most of the time they are not that pretty anyway, and wigs, you mostly need to pay extra for the wigs anyway if you get them with your doll, so i rather order or make my own wigs..

my banana is as good as finished, i had troubles with her bloomers, so that's disappointing, but her face-up and blushing is completely finished and her dress and cardigan are finished as well.
      She has temporary eyes and wig at the moment, but it looks good on her, so maybe i will keep it..
      i had so much fun doing my own face-up and blushing i almost forgot how much fun that was, i used to always do my own face-up as i couldn't bond with dolls that i couldn't work on, but i couldn't do tinies face-up so the tinies came with company face-up..
      but with banana i had no other choice that try it myself, and it turned out very well, so from now on all dollies will be coming face-up less again, yay
      i will see when i can make pictures, i had luck with the weather the last days, but today it rains and is dark.