1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Aria Doll (formerly Everpurple) Discussion

Apr 2, 2010

1. I got a response from Switch on their Q&A board. Unfortunately I can't buy high heel legs or feet separately. :-(

2. Thank you! :D It's just the information I was looking for, but was having trouble pinning down.

I guess my hunt for an Ariadoll body continues... :( I was sort of hoping maybe the Switch Body would be acceptable, but after hearing about the differences and comparing various images... yeah no.. I need my 14 yrs small bust body. *sigh* I keep kicking myself for passing up ordering from the company, my money worries then seem so silly now that I'm desperately trying to find one.

Oh, Evelien, I'm sorry :( That sucks.

3. Oh, I have to say, I forgot all about the high heels now that my Everpurple body arrived in my country on Monday, haha! Here's to hoping customs will let her go soon!!

does anybody here know if the Everpurple body is very different from the ariadoll body?

4. They do help!!! Thank you so much :-D :-D

5. A bit of spam for the thread. My two girls-Angelique and Liath. They're both hybrids. Angelique is a WS Narvy (face-up by Meee) on a Two-S body and Liath is a NS Everpurple Iris (default face-up) on a NY Loongsoul body.

[​IMG][/IMG]

6. Isabeau, they're gorgeous! I love Narvy <3

I could die right now though... I finally bought an Ariadoll body! :D It's the large bust size and I might see about getting the smaller one at some point but it has the heeled legs and heeled feet and oh my glob I can't handle my excitement! The body is something of a grail for me. I just need to find a head for it now ;) She'll be a Hybrid, so I don't think I'll technically be able to post her here. But I wanted to express my excitement.

Now I need to go clothes shopping... she's my first SD so she needs a lot.

7. Does anyone know how the lower legs of the Ariadoll body are strung? Because my body doesn't have the optional high heeled leg parts. (bought it second hand, the leg parts are impossible to find now on their own). I thought I would restring her so the string goes from the neck down to the end of the legs. Hoping her knees could bend better without the long metal hooks which are useless to me. Only after I did it, now her legs pose worse... they move over to the side a lot and don't stay straight. The trouble is, I have no idea how they were strung before to go back! With the aria site gone I can't ask either. So now I'm turning to DoA!

8. On mine, which is all Ariadoll strung, there is a cord of elastic that goes from the S hook attaching to the foot, to the bar that's across the inside of the knee.

9. Hmm trying to picture that... I know there was string attacthed from the long leg hook to the foot s-hook. But then there's a very large gap in her thigh that crossed over to the other leg. (I do have a tiny msd sized ariadoll girl. But I'm too afraid to take her apart and mess up her stringing. Since she has both extra hh legs and feet).

10. I'll get some pictures of it tonight when I get home from work :)

11. Oh thank you!!!!

12. *eep* I worked all weekend and totally forgot. Here's the knee connection.. you can see the string from the body in the thigh part, and the string in the knee which is tied to the bar that goes across the hole in the knee, which the wire latches onto.

[​IMG]

Hip/body strings http://www.flickr.com/photos/46223983@N02/9188308294/
      Ankle connection http://www.flickr.com/photos/46223983@N02/9188310556/
      Knot in the calf, right below the knee piece http://www.flickr.com/photos/46223983@N02/9188312984/

Hope it helps!

13. Oh thanks, hmm, yes this helps... still not sure exactly how it's strung though XD. Like is the part of the legs seperate from the top part... or is the string from the knee up all connected. Sorry if this doesn't make sense. I have a msd ariadoll body that is strung the same way. I just can't for the life of me figure out how it's exactly strung to re-attempts ugh!

14. Lower Leg: Each foot, calf and knee piece is on one (1) elastic string. So... one loop for each foot/calf/knee. take a piece of elastic, and pass one end around the 'bar' in the knee joint. Knot into a circle http://www.flickr.com/photos/46223983@N02/9188312984/ Pass end of the circle through the calf and connect it to the ankle S hook http://www.flickr.com/photos/46223983@N02/9188310556/

Body: A big piece of elastic, knotted into a circle. Fold it in half and pass it up the neck, catching it in the S hook. Pull each end of the elastic through the hole in the leg holes. Then cross it over like this http://www.flickr.com/photos/46223983@N02/9188308294/ and pull each end through the respective thigh pieces. Pulling the elastic through the thighs.

Putting the legs together: take a wire, make little hooks on each end. Hook one end to the elastic from the thigh. Hook the other end onto the metal bar in the knee piece. http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3741/9185507719_ecf7450dd7_z.jpg Voila!

:)

15. Oh that makes total sense now thank you! This helps sooooo much you're a sweetheart! Now if only I could find a secondhand pair of high heeled feet or legs!

UPDATE: Ah-hah! Just before I was about to totally restring her from scrath... I realized. All I needed to do was cross over her leg strings to go in the opposite legs! Far easier and wah-lah! She can fully sit and stand like a dream and no more posing issues yay!

16. HURRAY! :D

Glad I could help. And especially glad my currently headless body could do something of use. ;)

17. Hey I have some questions, do nine style clothing size SD13 fit the female body? and also what shoes can they wear?

Thanks!

18. Hey everybody! Thought I would pop in as I am currently waiting to receive the Aria 14 year D-cup body (on it's way in the mail!) for my Narvy head. She was one of two of my female grail dolls and after a lot of marketplace lurking I'm finally going to get her put together, so very happy. :)