1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Aria Doll (formerly Everpurple) Discussion

Apr 2, 2010

1. Yeah I am very attracted to April Story -- and I aggree -- the body looks incredibly like Aria Doll.

I think it's very helpful of you to bring up these observatios Hasel -- thanks so much. It's hard to be in love with a defunct company -- much easier when there are other outlets for the love of a particular aesthetic I think.

2. This thread is so dead isn't it? :sweat Long shot, but I was wondering if anyone could give me some feedback on the posing of the Ariadoll 14yrs Elegance bodies?
      I purchased mine secondhand for my Volks heads and I must say the resin match is pretty much flawless and the fit is great too! I'm just having the hardest time posing this girl and for the life of me I cannot get her to stand... like at all! Only way is by making her lean onto something >_<
      Her elbows are just clunky and the locking mech for the double-joints is really hard to position without prying it out, and her legs cross over badly and like I said before, do not stand. I'm assuming the difficulties are caused by 1) Tight stringing for the arms 2) The HUGE tough wire thats inside the legs (and torso?) thats supposed to help with posing but is doing the opposite. Are these normal/anyone find the same issues? Was the body wired from he company?
      I'm going to attempt to re-string (hooray.) and see if it proves me wrong, but so far I'm not liking this body :')

3. Chamillia, I have the Switch 57cm girl body, which is the same as the Ariadoll 14yrs Elegance body (just with some modifiations), and I also had problems getting her to stand. I noticed that her knees are not symmetrical to each other. The left kneecap seems to be turned inward more than right kneecap, and the left leg tends swing forward more than the right leg. Finally, both of her legs tend to snap back together, so it's difficult to get her to keep her legs apart when getting her to stand. Do you notice the same things with the Ariadoll body?

Anyway, for the Switch body, I sueded her thigh, upper knee, and ankle sockets today, and I noticed that it's easier to get her to stand now. Her legs don't buckle inward as easily and the added friction from the sueding on her ankles made her less likely to tilt forward or backward. I still have to fiddle with her left leg a bit to get her to stand more stably, usually by turning it counterclockwise a little so that the kneecap faces in a more forward direction. She's not the most stable stander even with all of these tweaks, but she stands much better now. I also sueded the shoulder and upper elbow sockets. It's working well for the shoulders, but I'm not sure if there's any improvements in the elbow posing.

Hope this helps, and please share what you find out with the re-stringing :) It's a beautiful body and suits the doll I have for it, so I'd love to hear any tips for improving her posing.

4. @Bluebird - Hey there! I was going to get the Switch 57 body as well, but then opted for the Ariadoll secondhand because I was too impatient and thought the color match for my old-ish Volks heads would suit it better :P I was really doubting my decision and wished I bought the new body a couple of days ago, but hearing your feedback it doesn't sound much better or different than the one I have.

Thankfully, I don't have a lot of issues with the legs, only that they want to cross over each other sometimes, but I never noticed they were unsymmetrical :( Sorry to hear this is an issue with yours.

Anyway, after posting my worries here, I restrung the entire body and found out why it was so uncooperative. First, the huge thick wire had to go 100%. Either the wiring method sucks or the previous owner/company who put it in there did not do it correctly. It was just way too thick and hard to move around, its like the doll's insides were fighting her to pose differently than what her elastic and outer shell tells her to do :') Poor girl had some "internal conflicts" lol. I'm a little obsessive over waste so I reused the same elastic, which wasn't in bad condition at all, so thats a plus. I then proceeded to the arms where the elbows were just a massive PITA. Since its double jointed, the joint has to pop up and lock the elbow in place when you bend it, but that just didn't seem to happen for one of the elbows, and I thought maybe it was the thicker elastic being jammed in, so I changed the elastic to one thats a little thinner, and tried posing, but nothing. Same results.

I probably restrung the body a total of 4-6 times, which is a lot more than a couple years worth of restringing, but I really wanted to get it just right :lol: So the elbow issue turned out to be a fault in sculpting/casting. Basically the joint carries the forearm up when the tension between the two is strong enough, but in this case, the joint was thinner than the other, so it just slid through the forearm/didn't carry it up to position. And even after restringing the arms and whole body different times in different ways (I tried the criss cross of the elastic in the pelvis piece and without the cross) and the results were less than satisfactory. Much better without the wire mind you, but not good enough.

I ended up hot-glue sueding the thigh parts, shoulders, and added a tiny bit on the elbows to fix the tension issue and I can happily say that the body is finally satisfactory! :celebrate I would rate it between 60%-70%, where it was at like 30%-40% before all this, which to me is pretty good. It just takes a little more time and effort to get the pose just right but hey! She can stand and do a contrapposto pose really well now, yippee!! :whee: I guess sueding works the most when the body is a hopeless case, otherwise, too much friction for a moderately good body will just backfire xD Something I've noticed with my other dolls. I'm glad its working for the both of us! Your leg issue sounds similar to my elbow issue, which sueding did the job it looks like :)

#464 Chamillia, Oct 19, 2015
      Last edited: Oct 19, 2015