1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Aria Dolls 7 Years and 14 Years Sweet Minis

Oct 6, 2010

1. Well rather than just saying that my points are "unfounded," then prove me wrong. I'm serious.
      Now that I've read that the sculptor studied under Araki, I'm less inclined to think these are copies.
      Really though, there's no need to be rude about it.

2. Nothing I stated was rude.
      I'm not going to go out and buy this doll to prove you wrong, even if you're 'serious'.
      If anything, I think it's rude to bluntly say "These are totally recast Unoa bodies" simply because you think they look similar.

I'm slightly excited about these new sculpts since it means a more affordable and accessible Unoa-like doll. It isn't right to go around and claim these are fakes when the company hasn't done anything of that manner. The moderators of DoA, I'm sure, definitely looked at the given images and deemed them to be on-topic, not recasts.

3. You have a point here, I came across pretty strong there. My bad. I saw the pics and went "woah that's an Unoa" and posted straightaway. I will reserve further judgment until pics are out, but like I said before, I'd really hate for people to fall victim to bootlegging.

4. I don't think they are. The SD bodies were out first and while they are similar looking to the Unoa, they are very different. I've got two on their way here and I've just ordered the MSD girl Su. Can't post a picture of them next to a Unoa unfortunately as I don't know anyone who owns one. I will be able to post measurements if people are concerned. I do think they're heavily influenced but not direct copies. The faces show a similar influence as well.

I know when Oasis dolls came out, I went "Whoa, they're just like Elfdolls", then found out the sculptor had studied under Rainman, the Elfdoll Sculptor. He proudly posted about his pupil. I tend to think it's a similar thing here. DoA tends to stamp down pretty heavily (and fast) on copies and the Unoa are so well known that it would be very hard to avoid it being detected.

5. Geeee, I'm just really excited (and impatient) for new information on these new heads and bodies.

6. I ordered Su, but then realised she didn't come with the busty body. I'm trying to see if I can get her head on the other body, I like the extra leg parts that come with it. If I can't, I'll order one of the other two girls instead.

I'm really excited as well. I've always liked the look of the Unoa body, but didn't like the pricetag, plus the ears always seemed too low on the heads courtesy of the headcap/eye mechanism. I actually prefer the Aria girls. I went and looked again at the Unoa body. The main thing I notice is the shoulders look similar. The Aria bust appears slightly less and the waist/hip area is fuller. The legs are also less curvy which I prefer.

7. I was curious about this question - so I took a look on flickr

GO TO Flickr type in ariadoll in the search - take a look! make up your own mind. Oh and it doesn't answer the question related to these two dolls in particular.
      Just gives food for thought.

8. Is this thread for the Tiny Blair and Serena also?

9. Nancy - Yes it is :)

I requested more extensive photos of Blair and Serena's bodies and Ariadoll said they'd put some up a bit later :) *yay* I can't wait to see them!

10. Oh, I was just noting to friends that Serena kind of looks like a small version of Unoss. That explains the similarity :)

I for one can never have too many Unoa-like dolls in my home, so I definitely wouldn't mind getting Serena someday.

11. Me either! (wait, that is)

12. It's nice to see more companies making mature mini's, and ones with high heel feet too! <3
      I love Serena's face, but I wish she had a jointed torso!

13. It appears that the Sweet and Tiny dolls are going to be fairly different. I think the Tiny dolls are Aria's response to the Chicline ie more realistic features and perhaps a smaller/slighter sculpt. They said that Su's head would look too large on the Aria body.

14. Well, they're definitely quite similar, but they don't look to be actual knock-offs more as if they're been deliberately sculpted to resemble the Unoa. Quite frankly the same thing happened with Oasis. The resemblance to Elfdoll was amazing and quite noticeable. Unless the mods decide that they are recast, I don't know if they'll get banned. As long as they're an original doll, they're acceptable (I believe). If the sculptor was trained in the same school/with Araki, it is understandable. I don't know how DoA would feel if they're simply imitators. The headsculpts are quite original.

15. I think the new tiny heads would look great on a chicline body - hope they offer them separately at some point!

16. I'm going to post on the Q&A and see if I can get some comparison photos between the Tiny and Sweet dolls. It appears they're quite a different sculpt.

17. I´d love to see if these bodies works for Unoa hybrids...

18. I think that depends on how the resin match is. I asked about the comparison photos and they should be loaded today.

19. Comparisons with Unoa?, where will be these posted?, in the Ariadoll website?. I really don´t care about differences in resin color if the body has the darker tone, because it´s always easy to blush the head/face to match it with the body.

20. I don't know if this will be entirely relevant since they are different sizes, but if you search for Ariadoll on Flickr, someone named &#9733;Etoilebleue&#9733; has put an Unoa zero head on the larger sized Ariadoll bodies, and it seems to work rather well.