Artist minis (Gardenofdolls, etc)

Apr 11, 2016

1. I really haven't seen a thread for dolls not from companies, so I thought it would be nice to have something for those who like BJDs from small time artists!

Here is my little girl from GardenofDolls

[​IMG]

She is wearing a homemade temp wig and is in a monster high doll dress for now.. Needs something a little less dressy though haha!

2. There's not an overall thread, but many independent artist dolls (Asella, Saint Bloom, etc) have their own threads (like this one, for your girl: NABIYETTE fairy - 5.5cm ). You should be able to find the ones you're looking for with a quick search on the doll name. Yes, they're not generally on the first page of the forum, but that's because there aren't as many owners to keep the thread bumped actively like you see with Iplehouse/Fairyland/Volks. But they do exist.

3. Alright thank you! I didn't know if bumping "dead"threads was allowed or not here. I've sadly been on threads that gotten me ding in the past.

4. That one looks like it's been randomly active over the years, as recently as last month...the sculptor is active in that thread. Wow, I've never heard of anyone getting dinged for necroing a dormant doll-type specific discussion thread before, was that here on DOA? There are a few threads I post in randomly that are not very active (the Elfdoll tiny thread, for example, or the Po11 thread), it's nice to see even a little activity and have the feeling that you're not the only one left that still likes that doll/sculpt. One would think new interest in a less popular sculpt or doll would be a good thing.