1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Asleep Eidolon discussion

Sep 17, 2009

1. Hello!

Could anyone tell me if Asleep Eidolon white maybe matches Volks white? Thanks in advance!!

2. Can someone please post a side by side photo comparison of a 1/4 Asleep Eidolon and a Volks SDM? Really curious as to how the sizes of their heads and bodies are to each other.

3. How is the quality? I have a beautiful Freya on the way from Legenddoll, who was kind enough to swap to the 59cm body for me. I’m in love with Freya’s face that I had to buy her no matter what but I have no idea about the weight or feel of the resin, unfortunately I only have Volks and IOS to compare anything to. Is it a good weight?

I’m sad these beautiful dolls don’t get nearly enough attention. Their fantasy dolls drew me in! Who wouldn’t want a fairy or a mermaid? And the face sculpts of their girls have that rounded sweetness I find missing in a lot of companies. I like sculpts that are borderline anime. AE is perfect at this.

4. Asleep Eidolon's dolls are wonderful! I have a number of dolls in a variety of sizes and I am very pleased with all of them!

Their production of outfits can be extremely slow! They are nice when they arrive.

5. @Rive - Freya is beautiful! I have her, as well as other sculpts from AE and Xaga.

6. Another Freya! I wonder how many are out there? I ran into a Reddit user that shared photos of hers but it doesn’t seem like a popular sculpt.
      Freya is my dream. I wanted an elf eared, rounder faced cute girl doll. I could’ve had ears modded on another doll but she was too perfect as-is. I will be happy to share my fae queen soon! The wait might kill me.

7. When you're trying to hold off on buying anymore dolls but you look at the announcements anyway and see Abyss from this company. Instant love. He's everything I love in a sculpt. Boyish but androgynous face, seductive expression, and his little tongue is sticking out. What an idol! I'm forcing myself to sit on this one for a week or so but I don't think my interest is going to fade on this guy lol :chomp: bye bye money once again

8. I would like to get abyss but the outfit for yukimi is cuter :/

9. Maybe you could email them and see if they’ll swap the outfit?

10. I didn't think about that. I'm sure I'll order him next month so I'll ask then

11. Ooh, please post here once you find out! I also plan to order him soon.

12. I saw Abyss as well and I think he's absolutely perfect. I'm trying to hold off a for a few days before I click that order button. I have a doll currently in shipping and another on layaway which I'll finish by next month but the temptation is so real.

13. Does anyone here have the 59cm girl body (AE F-59) and can tell me a bit about it? Also, how AE resin compares to Volks?

14. Does anyone have any tips on how to get these dolls to stand on their own? I find mine to be top heavy and I can't spread her legs - just swivel the thigh joints. I've tried with shoes, without shoes. I haven't tried a stand yet but I was hoping to get my doll to pose without a stand.

15. Abyss is gorgeous! :D I'm trying really hard to resist ordering him from Legend Doll since he's huge (compared to my existing dolls that is) but that tongue, the expression... I'm suffering so bad. Not to mention he was the first doll that really caught my attention after returning and I keep finding myself going back just to look at him. Only thing I don't care for too much is his body but I guess they wouldn't sell me just the head and outfit without the body. Not like I'd know what body to combine him with anyway though.... does anybody have suggestions for good skin color matches? I'd like a non-muscular more androgynous body for him.:drool

16. So I was wondering...has anyone here plans to participate in their 14th anniversary competition? https://www.aedoll.com/post/character-design-competition I checked twitter and no-one has posted under their hashtag yet. I took time off work next week so I personally plan to give it a shot, even though I expect to lose if I'm honest :sweat.
      I think I have two or three workable ideas, maybe I can come up with something decent. Not sure how to get my drawings onto the template though, I'll have to consult my brother.
      I'm rally curious about others though, we have lots of artists here, right?

17. i recently purchased a AE doll and was wondering if anyone could tell me of any resin matches for AE white skin

18. @EagleVision1999 I am hoping to find time to participate, but I have been putting off the design and only trying to think of ideas still while I get other artwork out of the way. The one thing I am really concerned about is that AE does creative things or has cool fabrics that someone who is inexperienced with sewing and textiles such as myself wouldn't think of. I want to think about what textiles can be used in my design and what is possible in the real world, that way the design can actually be created.

19. @aestellica Yeah, real life materials are an important consideration. I have personally approached this by looking at movie costumes and historical stuff and researching what the ones that have the right look to them (material-wise; I'm not copying preexisting designs, I'm just looking at the way the fabric looks and is used) are made out of. I already have a concept that I think could work.