1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Asleep Eidolon discussion

Sep 17, 2009

1. I really like Evan and Xun. I don't need any more SD boys though XD But they're soooo pretty... And AE pretty much owns my wallet right now anyways... Hmm.

I really hope to see them without faceups at some point... Hopefully we'll see owner pictures whenever they start arriving at their new homes!

2. I can't believe there isn't more squealing for Xun. I can only imagine that not enough people really seen the new dolls. They are a bit different from what Eidolon usually puts out.

3. Does anyone know about resin matches for AE? I have a body that I need a new head for, but can't find any references to resin matches.

4. Okay Lycansea, here ya go..."SQUEE!" OMG! Xun is gorgeous!!! He's so Asian and hot looking! He must be mine! :love

5. Lawl. Do I detect a hint of sarcasm? :lol: Was it because I used the term "squealing?" I like to exaggerate, so sue me! ;)

I was just wondering why the sculpt wasn't generating more buzz. Especially since other similar sculpts tend to get more attention.

I am just imagining all the possibilities with him already...

6. Here is your sarcasm, with a dollop of total sincerity "Squeeeeeeeee!!!!! I think he's the bomb"
      I love his features, especially the lips.
      I have long given up figuring out popularity. You have to like what you like, and let everyone else like Els. Kidding.

7. No sarcasm at all, honest! I really was squeeing! I think he's totally and utterly gorgeous!

And, I agree with you...where are all the fangirls for this sculpt? He's so deliciously hot, and beautifully sculpted.

Oh well, he's going on my "Wish List" immediately!

8. cirquemom - If you go to the picture request forum and search for "asleep eidolon" there are actually quite a few. Here's a couple:

One

Two

Three

For some reason there's no huge comprehensive list... But there are a few smaller ones. Hopefully you find something, and good luck!

9. Thank you for that, Lilac for First Love (love your name, by the way). For some reason I always have a hard time finding things- when I do a search a get a zillion pages of "almost related" type postings.

10. cirquemom - You're welcome (And thanks about my name, hee). I totally understand. The only reason I knew they existed was because I was looking for them a while back! So I dug around. <3

Xun kind of in a weird way reminds me of what I've seen of the Elfdolls. I think they (at least the Elfdoll girls) have a very "Asian" aesthetic. But you don't really see that with most companies, do you? I think that specific look in this... um, intensity? I can't think of the right word... obvious-ness? I don't know. But I think that specific look is a little rarer than some.

I wonder how he'd look as a girl... Not as a girly man but as a girl... Hmm. :3 *likes girls* nn;;

11. That's exactly what I thought. I have a body with a head I wouldn't mind replacing, but sadly, looks like the resins wouldn't match. I love that head, though (but as a girl- I like manly men, lol!). I have two very masculine-looking Asian boys- Elfdoll Mir and Lumedoll Saiph. I also have the lovely Soah, and a Shinydoll Nanae on a 50 cm Obitsu body (and it works perfectly and the skintones match very well), and a Souldoll Apple. I'm planning on getting the new Resinsoul Li as soon as she comes out because she is so Asian-looking.

It says the head measures 24 cm- I wonder if it would be too big for the girl body?

I just had a display of my dolls at the Arts Center here for Christmas, and was talking to some people about why most of the ASIAN ball-jointed dolls are Caucasian-looking. I pointed out that most of the characters in anime and manga have big round eyes. I think the more Asian-looking dolls are probably more popular among collectors in USA and Europe than they are in Asia.

12. Xun isn't my taste (I'm not personally a fan of narrow noses) but I'm in love with the promo Xun's face up <3

I think he looks like a really 'authentic' Yaoi character :)

13. Oh, sorry. I get paranoid sometimes!

He is definitely going on my wish list, too.

14. cirquemom - 24cm vs. 22.5cm... Depending on the look you want, Xun might look terribly bobbleheaded on the girl AE body... (Isn't even the type B fairly petite?) but you might be able to put him on a different company's girl body! The Delf girls have a 24cm head too, and even if that isn't the body you want it does mean that there are bodies that are made for that size of a head and are still girls.

15. Oh...I have a Lishe, so I'll have to measure her head and see how big it is. The Customhouse bodies are on the larger side and I'm sure the head would look good on that body (and I betcha the resin would be a good match), but I don't think i want to go through that 8 months of uncertainty again. I wish AE would just do a girl version of the Xun head- it's so lovely. :)

16. Does anyone have pictures of King yet? :)

17. I must say I used to like AE sculpts but seeing their new sculpts... WOW. I really like many of them, especially LE Mint (love the mouth!) and Xun (who is just so Asian and dreamy)~ I wonder if Mint comes in the boy version? xD

18. Last night I posted pictures of my Yin... she's finally complete after being bodiless for fourteen months! X3 She's on the now discontinued Type A body, and I'm totally in love with it, and her!

19. Lilac- do you have a link to the pictures? :)