1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Asleep Eidolon discussion

Sep 17, 2009

1. I just bought it and I'm waiting on accessories ^ ^

2. Lol! Similar to me wanting Xun in a girl version!

3. I'm definitely interested in getting Xun as a girl too.

4. Hey guys, I'm thinking of maybe getting Xun or Evan, and definately Mignon as one of my girl characters. ^_^ A question I have for any AE SD owners is do you like their bodies and posing ability? I have a 1/12 and absolutely love her (Peppermint).

5. ooh how is he? would you recomend(?) him to people? and can i please see a picture of him?:3
      sorry for all the questions and the sucky spelling._.

6. KittyOrochimaru - She is gorgeous! Is she a Yara? I love her eyes. Which body do you have her on?

7. Hi Mello, I can't tell... Taobao prices tend to be far lower than dealers, but unless you speak Chinese and have access to the cards used to pay there, you have to add in agents' fees and postage from the agent. It still works out a lot cheaper if you're outside the US and shipping from a dealer in the US is too much. But that still seems awfully cheap for a full doll... AE 1/3 dolls are $333 from the Hong Kong dealer and the shop in Hong Kong, and I'd expect that to be about as low as it gets. Unfortunately my Chinese only extends to about 200 characters, I really can't tell!

8. could you tell me more about this? im located in germany so buying from the american dealer isnt really an option for me. i also have a friend whos chinese. which cards are used to pay there? and which agents are you talking about? mintoncard or other agents?

9. I get really jealous of Americans and Canadians with their easy access to dealers! If I get an AE doll for my birthday ( a real possibility as I fell in love with them in Hong Kong) it will need to be either from Hong Kong or taobao.

OK, by agents, I mean people/companies who make money by buying things from taobao on behalf of people from outside China. They charge about 10% of what the items total + shipping from the seller to them costs, plus paypal fees, and then when they have the item, you pay them EMS, which is usually pretty heavily discounted. (A 2.5kg box cost me $35 EMS when I lived in the UK). A lot of taobao sales you would need either a Chinese bank card or a prepaid card from a postoffice, and a lot of sellers only send to Chinese addresses, plus unless you read Chinese an agent is a big help, so agents are necessary.

I used http://www.taobaobuying.com/ and they were seriously helpful about asking questions and communicating between me and the sellers, especially when there was a delay in the manufacture of my doll shoes, and sent pictures before sending to me, so I can recommend them, but there are others that I am sure are just as good. yoybuy have a cost estimator, as far as I can see this AE SD doll straight from AE would cost $402 INCLUDING all EMS shipping and fees to Germany from yoy.buy - which does suggest that the other is just a head, yes. :) It might cost a little more in practice because Paypal conversion fees are horrendous, and it would have to convert from CNY to dollars and then to Euros instead of just dollars to Euros.

I hope that helps - it's all pretty easy when you are actually doing it. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me and I'll try to help.

It might also be worth looking into the Hong Kong dealer I linked to above - I forgot to ask her if she ships internationally when I was in her shop, but she might be a cheaper choice (I am assuming that the $20 shipping she charges is only locally) than getting one from the US.

10. I didn't see the HK dealer on the official AE site, are you certain she's legit? If she is trustworthy then it's very convenient for me, as HK to UK shipping is so fast ^^

11. Until mid February (I think) US dealer Mint on Card is allowed to sell to people in the EU, because the European dealer Chantal's Doll Alley is moving and can't take orders until then. After that you can buy from Doll Alley again, which is in the Netherlands and will mean cheaper shipping to Germany.
      The above is an option if finding another agent doesn't work out.

12. I just now saw him for the first time! That's why I encourage people to start dedicated threads for new sculpts and then do their "I'm an owner" chat or ask questions in the company's general LD chat thread. It's so easy to miss new dolls if they get jumbled in! ;_;

I adore Xun! He is exactly what I'm a sucker for :aheartbea but I too am wishing he was a girl! :? I'd accept a boy version though, lovely lovely. Has anyone ordered him? I'd love to see some other pictures ~painted or blank~ to get a better idea of his look.

13. I have ordered Xun with faceup. :D I might remove the faceup, but the winter event of a $10 faceup was too good to pass up.

I adore that Xun is so feminine-looking. :fangirl: Most of the time I'm wishing a female head mold would be released on a male body. :sweat It's nice to get exactly what I want. Though, with all the clamor for a Xun girl, I'm sure it is just a matter of time before AE releases a Xun girl.

I will be sure to post way too many photos of his face! :lol:

14. I just found out about this company and I love their boys, Evan and Fay in particular. >u< I look forward to seeing pictures of any 1/3 boy!

15. Does anyone here own a He? I absolutely love him! I'm not a stickler for amazing poseabiltiy, but I don't like it when dolls are plan right annoying haha, so are there are major complaints on their bodies? thanks!

16. question: deos anyone here have owner pictures of King or Evan?

17. ^I'm also looking for pictures of He.

18. I'll be watching this thread since I'm planning to get an AE doll one day... I still don't know if it'll be a MSD or a SD, though... :sweat

I'm a bit confused because I saw in this thread pictures of "Mu", but she doesn't seem to be on the Mint on Card website... who is she ?? She's very pretty.

I want a girl for sure, but I don't know which one ! I think that AE dolls look very different on owner pictures and on official pictures (not less pretty, however...). So I keep being unable to decide which is my favorite ! I'd like to see pictures of Mignon and Miriam. :)