1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Atelier Momoni "Momoni" 40cm

Mar 24, 2016

1. I like your name choices, Allstar. And I do think they all would be great names.

As for mine, I haven't really thought about it until now, but I think I'm going to name her Denise and she will probably be into lacy and frilly romantic/mori style clothing. However plans may still change until she's here. Dolls have the strange habit to develop their own personalities, so I'm careful with planning too much before I have the doll in hand xD.

2. I'm hoping after this release she'll do some lovely fantasy colors! :) I love dark tones but lately I've had a leaning toward pastels.

3. I'm so excited for the Momoni doll, I'm going to dress her up like a flower/forest girl as well! I don't know about the wig yet, I wish I could find a nice red wig for her, for now I have a pink and brown one reserved :blush

4. Does anyone know when Momoni will be shipped?

5. Well the preorder ended April 5th, and the listing says it will take 90 days. But I'm not sure if that's business days only... :aeyepop:

6. That means 1st week of August if business days, 1st week of July if all days, right?

7. Oh, I hope it's not only business days, because that would mean she'd be ready for shipping next month already.

8. 1st week of july would be awweeesome :love

9. Indeed - I already have clothes together and that means my girl's wig and she would likely arrive around the same time!

10. Aw guys I asked Lola and she said its 90 working days

11. Understandable, but still phooey.

12. :pout: Well poop. I guess that will give me plenty of time to work on some clothes and a wig for her. I really want her wig to be more an Afro-natural texture.

13. If you want to do locs, braids, or twists, felting wool has a perfect texture and comes in lots of different colors.

14. That's a good idea. I had thought about locs cause I have them but I hadn't decided yet. I've seen a few already made that I liked the style but not the colors.

15. Nice! I'm slowly putting together locs for another doll as my Momoni will be sporting an updo with her natural 4A type curls, and the wool is working great. I've also had success with really chunky alpaca yarn when pulled apart in sections and then rolled/braided/twisted, but that's more expensive and tends to only come in blacks and browns.

16. What are you using for Momoni's curls? I have a MDR mousse and right now she has a long straight wig simply because I couldn't figure out what to use for a short curly wig.

17. I got her wig custom made because of style/dying I wanted that I didn't think I'd be able to do, but the artist used Masham sheep's wool. Here's SophyMolly's (from Etsy) photo of the wig: link

18. Omg That is so adorable. I was attempting to make a wig with Wensleydale wool but I think it was just too much for the doll I was working on. It might work with a larger doll like Momoni

19. Oh that wig is sooo cute RedRosette and thanks for the tips, I can't decide between loc or braids for a different doll so it's good to know a good option for both!

I wanna make a wig like this for my Momoni The best jacket khaki but I can't decide what fibre will be best

20. Thank you both! I can't wait to get my girl now that I have her wig in hand. Although I still haven't finished making her eyes, so maybe I should be more happy I have more time. ;)

Allstar, for a wig like that I would go with alpaca. It often has natural curls like your reference picture, and if not can easily be wetted, brushed, and curled by wrapping it around straws and letting it dry.