1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Atelier Momoni "Momoni" 40cm

Mar 24, 2016

1. Pipe Cleaners too! I tried that with the wool and it helped create a more defined curl pattern. I just cut the pipe cleaners smaller to accommodate.

2. Yes, excellent idea! When I use straws I use bobby pins to secure the fiber. How do you do it with pipe cleaners?

3. I just wet the hair a little and then wrap the hair around the pipe cleaner about halfway and then take the other half and twist over the other half. When the hair is dry try your best to untwist everything back the way it was done. I've seen people use the pipecleaners as bobby pins along with the straws so that's an option but it gave a very tight curl when I was done and helped create the texture I was looking for but I was having trouble figuring out how to style it lol

4. Thank you very much for tutorial! I am looking for something like that for a weeks.

5. Great tutorial! I wish I had a wig that needed curling right now!

6. This is my favourite discussion thread on doa tbh! You guys are so helpful and have such creative ideas :)

It's gonna be so good when we all get our girls in!! I can't wait to see everyone's already.

7. I agree! This thread has been a great place expend some creative energy while patiently waiting for our ladies to come home lol.

8. I love making doll plans! I'm tempted to try and make some clothes for my girl with some of the fabric I've gathered up so far, but I really want it to fit her well and going off of listed measurements doesn't always give me the fit I want. Maybe I just make looser stuff for now? Are you guys going to be making any clothing for your ladies?

9. I plan on making some clothes for her using my Minifee. Lola said that they are comparable in size so I'm going to use it to make some basics but I'll wait until she gets here to make anything complicated. The good news if anything doesn't fit my Minifee will have more clothes:XD:

10. Ooo, good point! Do you remember which MNF bust size is comparable to Momoni?

11. Well on her site the bust size is 14.5 which on the fairyland site is comparable to the a-line cutie bust. I have the m-line glamour so I will have to wait until she gets home or I randomly obtain a cutie bust to do more fitted tops but I can do some basic tops in stretch knit. Easier to make a little looser like you said and then take in.

12. Yay, I actually have an a-line cutie bust girl! I'd be happy to make some fitted shirt patterns based on her if anyone wants. I already have a bodice pattern from a dress I'm making her right now.

13. That would actually be super awesome! :thumbup I'll definitely share any patterns I come up with as well. I've been sketching out some outfit ideas, just some basic things I like to wear during the summer :)

14. Hey guys~ I'm super late to the party here and am so happy to see so many of you as excited as I am about this girl! She quickly became a grail for me as soon as Lola started sculpting her, and seeing the process of her come to life has really made this girl so much more special! I ordered a cocoa skin girl with a faceup from Lola and the high heeled shoes to go with. I'm thinking of calling her Yue, but it's still up in the air until she arrives. :)

15. Seems like everyone got the cocoa skin option :). I'm starting to wonder how many normal skin dolls were ordered at all.
      Actually if it turns out that I like Momoni, I'll gladly order her a normal skin sister, too, if she will be offered again later.

16. The cocoa skin must have been irresistible for almost all of us then haha! But I'm with you sharkyra, if I really like momoni I will most likely be picking her up in normal skin too if she becomes available again! ;)

17. It was hard to choose between both colors but I was so drawn in by the cocoa color I knew I was going get her. I wish I could have gotten both though

18. Anyone thinks 6-7 wigs will fit this girl?
      Like minifee wigs? I'm thinking of getting an alpaca wig for her.

19. According to the website she will be able to wear 6-7 inch wigs as well. I'm going to work on some wigs using my minifee as well but I saw a really nice Monique wig the other day that I will buy as another option as well.