Atelier Momoni Product Review

Feb 5, 2020

1. * What did you order?
      An Atelier Momoni Pitusa Somni

* When did you order?
      12 August 2019

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yes

* Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes, but the resin color is slightly darker than images would let you to believe. Not by much, and I had heard this from others as well, so I was prepared.

* Were you satisfied with the product?
      Yes

* Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      Positives: The doll poses extremely well, it's very cute and the body is great.
      Negatives: The faceplate, although it seems secure enough, does come off pretty easy. I would have loved the ears on the Somni to be a bit further back.

* Would you buy more from this company?
      I probably will, because I really like how posable the bodies are. I was not impressed with the communication though.

I moved the service part of the review to: https://denofangels.com/threads/atelier-momoni-service-review.817939/

The doll is very high quality, resin is smooth and almost soft to the touch. Poseability is amazing. The only thing I have right now is as mentioned that the faceplate comes off really easily, so be careful about that.

[​IMG]Luna by Daisy Rosefalk, on Flickr

[​IMG]Luna by Daisy Rosefalk, on Flickr

[​IMG]Luna in bed by Daisy Rosefalk, on Flickr

#1 Osquary, Feb 5, 2020
      Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    2. * What did you order?
      Direct I have ordered Steel Somni, Toffee Somni, Steel KittyM, Lush Mini Reira, Cocoa Mini Reira, Toffee Mini Rei and Toffee Momonita. I have also bought several dolls second hand.

* When did you order?
      I did a preorder for Somni and KittyM in July of 2020 and a preorder for Momonita in December of 2020, and I bought both Lush and Cocoa Mini Reiras, Toffee Mini Rei and Steel Somni direct (in stock) in Septempber of 2021

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yes

* Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Since the preorders are showing in one skin tone with a basic face up I would say no, I feel they look BETTER than the sales photos. The in stock dolls I did not see photos until right before she shipped them. I emailed asking if she had certain sculpts in stock and she emailed back what she had and I chose 4 dolls (would have bought more if I had the money on hand)

* Were you satisfied with the product?
      EXTREMELY HAPPY!

* Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      Positives: I love the size of these dolls. They fit in most barbie clothes, and some blythe clothes as well as many other types of clothing for 1/6th dolls. They are the best posers I have. They move so smoothly, the resin feels nice, they aren't too light or too heavy. Overall these are my absolute favorite dolls I have ever owned!

Negatives: I wouldn't call this a negative per se, but I wish they had magentic hands. There are some doll brands that don't work unless you take the hands off. I have taken them off twice and it was a struggle so if the cuffs are too tight I don't use the top becuase I am not dealing with tiny hands coming off and going back on again.

* Would you buy more from this company?
      A million times YES!

This photo is my current group (minus my Toffee Momonita from the December preorder who is awaiting a faceup with Rakeru Sensei)

[​IMG]