1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

B&G (Boy & Girl) Doll elf boys discussion

Apr 27, 2008

1. *exhales and begins talking like in a group therapy session* So, of my week of not looking I lasted two days... XDD Seriously, I had to look again today, I couldn't help it. It is confirmed: he would be good for Vana's father (who is also currently nameless! Yay daddy! Lol). I will, however, hold out for owner photos before I decide to make him my 6th and final doll, since he would be my first SD (all my other dolls are MSDs, aside from one tiny).

orangediscord-- ^_^ Thanks for the support! *Half-exasperated* God, I am so done. *Groans* Lol He's on the wishlist now. I agree, my big worry is the chin-to-face ratio, especially with his wide mouth and big nose. :sweat

WhitneyC-- He actually looks a little too broody for Vana's dad, I think, but I can work it out somehow. He'll be getting a different faceup, for sure. I'll still wait for owner photos though. ^^

2. Well, I think he would be great for Vana's dad, he is young-ish looking though. Would he fit in with your MSDs?

3. XD I think so. I mean, he's an Elf, and I already have two elves, plus a future forest imp planned. Plus, if he's Vana's dad he fits in character-wise (and so long as he can look "older" than the teens we're set, cause my version of Elves are immortal, or as close as you can get to immortal), and his face matches up with the MNF almost-animeish look (it was the eyes that caught me initially).

*Thinks about her doll family* Aside from the two I currently own, the other ones I plan to get are a Bluefairy and another MNF (once they release that blasted "C"-head). But really, this is bad. This is very, very bad. I wanted to stick with MSDs (and my future Puki!) for portability and affordability. I love SD moulds-- lots of them, actually-- but they simply aren't in my price/size range. So to have one that I really like-- and can't stop thinking about-- that is also a doll I can afford... Well, let's just say that my doll plans and family are getting all out of wack. :lol:

4. If you get "b" boy, then I won't have to--gotta love the Nutmeg meets. ;)

And I really don't need any more dolls, even though this B Elf looks great to me.

Ann in CT
      and her ever-growing wishlist ;p

5. I really really want to get one, but there are so many others I want as well. I may just end up getting Sky from ebay, but I want to know which skin tone is best, Normal or White???

6. XD If I do get him, it won't be for a while. I already have my summer doll(s) planned (a Puki and Vana's new body). He'll have to join the group later on. ^^; Prolly won't have him until next year, at least, unless I make lots of money and go crazy in the fall. XD But someday... in the very near future... I can TASTE it. ^_^

derilan85-- It depends on what character you want him for. Or, if you're just buying him because you like the mould, check out owner photos on the forum and see which one you like the best.

7. 2nd type boy body images here

new body can be order

Thanks

8. Finally, pictures of the front of B's face! God, he really would make a perfect Dark Link! *wails in agony* I must not buy him, I must not buy him.

9. PsychoticElflet5- I really love the way Sky looks especially the dreaming Sky, but I like the elfs too.
      Layla-Mi- Can we order the 2nd body with the other doll heads, I really want a Sky with the new body.

10. Whoa... Elf B strikes back! I thought Sapphira was easily the prettier of the two, but Elf B looks damn good in these new photos. :D

Cute, cute, cute!

11. Aw... I'm actually a little disappointed in the new head-on photos in comparison to his sexy profiles. I was looking forward to them, but hopefully owner photos will do him more justice for me. ^^ Or the current photos will grow on me the way the other ones did. XD That's probably what will happen.

However... *peers closer* I am happy, right off the bat, with the chin. I was worried it would look too thin from the front, but it does not. ^^ I think I may end up getting the non-muscular older body, though. For some reason, the muscles-- to me-- make his body look kinda scrawny in comparison to his head. Kinda like Angel from the X3 movie. :sweat :sweat I'll wait to see owner pics to make the final decision, though.

Edit: Is there any difference between the two bodies as far as posing is concerned? And are the new hands new-body specific, or can you buy hands separately/request new hands on the type 1 body?

12. I know I saw a Sapphira in the Incoming Doll/Box Opening section, but neither of these boys have been posted in here yet. Has anyone else received their dolls yet?

13. Does anyone recognize the wig Elf b - Afra is wearing? If you do please can you post a link.
      Thanks

14. Ooh, I ordered white skin Sapphira! *-*
      Soo happy now! ^^ Can't wait to get it. I was thinking hard if I should take the second type instead, but Sapphira won my heart. He will be Quenh, a dragon in a elf form, so he needs some customizing, like scales on his skin and a pair of horns... =D

15. bumping
      Please does anyone have any idea
      Thanks

16. Well, it could be a custom made one, too.
      Yet, what about that one here?

Well, I do have another question: what eye size do the elf boys take? I vaguely remember to have read somewhere something about 20mm. Is that information correct? Will 18 mm fit as well or will they be too small?

17. I'd also like to know the eye size for these guys...

I am planning on getting Afra (elf B) to make a dark elf character of mine. I used Photoshop to mock him up as to what I'm aiming to do to him.

[​IMG]

I heard from Layla-mi too that they were willing to send him to me without a faceup and without an MSC coat over his entire body, head and ears (Apparently they MSC the heads and bodies before shipping them to you) so that it will be easier to dye him.

18. I have a Freya and the description said she came with 20mm eyes, but I measured them and they are 18mm. I have also spoken with a few other B&G owners and they said their dolls came with 18mm eyes as well. If Afra and Sapphira are following the same pattern, then they will probably come with 18mm eyes. if they actually come with 20mm eyes, then 18mm should be fine. 16mm will actually work too! I have a pair of 16mm ED eyes and you can barely see a gap in the outside corners of the eye wells. I know for a fact that 22mm do NOT fit. I got a pair of 22mm only to be highly disappointed. The gaps look horrible.

19. *Squee* He's going to look awesome! I can't wait to see! I didn't know they did that... interesting. I wonder if other companies do that to their dolls. A good way to protect against stains without needing to coat them yourself.

20. Check it out! There is finally a US distributor for B&G Dolls!

Tonight I noticed that "Denver Doll Emporium" is selling B&G Dolls on their website!

I've bought a lot of stuff from Denver Dolls, and they are a great to deal with!

http://www.denverdoll.com/index.php