1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Back in the Bag! Nap time or Traumatic event?

Jun 3, 2012

1. OMG, I can't do it. I can't put them in a box or a plastic bag. My dolls are sitting on a shelf. I put two of my smaller dolls in another cabinet with glass doors the other day because we have a new puppy who seems to really like Madgey Poo my SecretPerson doll and I can't turn my back for a second. Anyhow, I felt horrible closing the door on Madge and it is still not sitting well with me, but she will have to stay there with Toby (Lati Yellow) until I move the gang to my studio this week. I have much higher shelves there, but more sunlight... catch-22. I don't know why this causes me so much distress and no, I do not believe my dolls have souls either, but you wouldn't know it given my response.

2. uh, wut...? o.O

Anyway, I consider my dolls in bags/ boxes to be dolls in bags/boxes. I rationalize it by thinking about it rationally, I suppose. :lol:

I do not consider how the characters would feel going inside a bag or box because they do not, but the dolls do just like a drawing of a character might be put in a binder, book, or frame.

3. As my dolls aren't alive, I don't worry too much about this.

4. I can't relate to what you guys are talking about. My dolls are ok wherever I put them. As long as they're clean and out of harm's way, I'm happy.

5. Mine are hunks of plastic with no feelings or rights, so I have no problem keeping them in their boxes when I am not actively doing something with them. Keeps them out of my way and clean and sunlight free.

6. Pretty much my babies put up with it, since they only get put in the bag when we're going someplace, and that usually means fun (convention, photo session, trip downtown). When it's Komori and Shao I imagine they use it to get in some cuddle time, but when it's anyone else I imagine they just sigh and bear it patiently. The rest of the time they're always out on the bed, and I don't have anyone with claustrophobia or space issues, so we're all OK.

(Isn't it interesting how people's feelings differ on this? :) )

7. When I store my dolls into bags/boxes/what-have-you, it's simply that, storage. My priorities are they are clean and safe while being stored. Their "personalities" are only sparked during play.

8. My dolls are out in the open! I dont care if the get yellow, I buy them for me and my enjoyment not for resale value:lol:

9. My babies stay out where I can enjoy them. Yes, it meant I had to rearrange some other stuff, get rid of some other things I had on display, and even buy new shelving, but I didn't buy my dolls to stow them away. The only one of my dolls not on display is Byung Joon, because his head is out for a faceup. I'm not sure where to put him when he comes home, but I'll find a place!!!

10. I don't really like putting them in bags or boxes myself, just cause I don't play with them much and I wouldn't see them if they were in storage all the time. :/ The only reason I put a doll in their box was because I started to not like her. xD; My dolls are safe out in the open since my room is in the basement, there's not much light here. And my cats are uninterested in them. :3

11. I guess if I had my dolls in a moving vehicle then a padded box or bag would make a lot of sense. But my dolls have their own room in my home so no need to store them away for their protection. Fact is you invested your hard earned money in him/her so they should be protected. I am sure people who have to share space with a sibling, roommate or such feel better when their resin ones are safe and put away. While those of us who can display in open weather in a shared space or in a special room do so because they take precautions the resin ones will be safe. So we all deal with how we have to to protect them and our own peace of mind.

12. My boys never go in a bag, unless I have to transport them. But somehow I don't like it. It's the same with having the floating heads stored in a box. It's like I lose contact with them somehow and it's affects the bond I have with a doll. When they are at home, I want them to be out in the open where I can see them.

13. Mine is just the opposite, he looks cross when I take him out of the bag! He likes to sleep and dislikes being disturbed. Takes after his owner, I guess.:sweat

14. I don't think Nick likes his bag... mostly because of the way he has to sit in it. Poor baby. ;_;

15. All my dolls go in the box :3 I always thought of it as when I take them out of the box, they're like "Good morning, landlady!" and when I put them away, it's like putting a Pokemon back in the ball. :/ bad analogy but sorta how I feel. It's like a "sleep mode" for them. So I don't feel bad about it. I just feel happy when taking them out.

16. I consider bag time as protection (from dust, sunlight, and the househelper who isn't exactly careful when handling any of my stuff). I treat it more like nap time rather than something traumatizing, but that's because I don't keep her in her bag too often! She just sits on my bed most of the time, and I just cover her with a blanket when the sunlight's shining in through my window. :)

17. My dolls are always going 'not not in the bag! hey my hair!' and their arms and legs always seem to flail about when I strap them in and then my sister told me my yosd was suffocating in her pillow ><

18. I love how many reactions there are to this question!

I'll totally admit to projecting personalities onto things; not just dolls, even other inanimate objects have feeling to me. XD It's just part of who I am.

That being said, my doll objects to being stowed into a bag or box. She prefers to be out with everybody, enjoying her existence! (Yes, I rationally understand that's really my preference, but like I said: I project!)

Once I realized the bag/box was a negative thing, she doesn't go in there anymore unless there's transportation or safety to consider.

19. Lol, cute topic! ;p

Well right now I dont have any space for a 'dolly room'.
      I would love a place where Freya could sit out with a little bed and her clothes hanging in a wardrobe.
      But that'll all come later. I do have a crazy kitten and I just feel better having her stay in her box for now anyways. I can take her out, play with her and just put her back in her box where she's safe and comfy!
      If I wanna check up on her I just peep open the box. :lol:

20. I don't really worry about my dolls' feelings that way!

BUT--I DO want to keep them safe and clean, so a nice carrier bag is a GOOD thing!