1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

back to you in the end

Jun 14, 2007

1. I don't exactly know what the first mold I saw was. (So if anyone knows what this is, let me know? 8D) The first mold I really adored, though, was a Souldoll Lune. My first doll is something completely different, though. @w@

2. Not the very first one--I think the very first one wasn't made anymore, and I also remember running across some Volks LEs that were very very pricey. However, I have gotten some of the first ones I looked at when I first started seriously considering buying a doll.

I remember looking at Luts and loving the Delfs. They were much more affordable than the LEs, I had run across, and they were *beautiful* Especially El and Chiwoo. However, I wanted a doll that was a little more affordable, so I went with a mini. I thought about a Kid Delf Ani, but ended up with an AR Present Jade. I did go back later and buy the Ani boy, though.

8 months after this, I ended up ordering a Chiwoo for one of my characters. It was neat be able to go back and buy one of the ones that I first fell in love with. I still don't have an El, though.

3. Dollshe SA Saint. =3 (I believe it's an SA, though I could be wrong.)

4. Neat, thank you! :D

5. Wow! Reading this makes me realize just how long I've been in the hobby ^^;;;; The very first SD I ever saw was a little teeny picture in a Gothic Lolita Bible in 2001! @_@ It was a Nono I believe. After that I saw a Nana (or maybe a Kira) in the next issue (the very first Baby, the Stars Shine Bright collab!! Anyone else remember that?) But it wasn't until I saw a LOVELY F-17 (old F-29) by the name of Alpatros on Aisha's site (I miss her site!) that I was really struck by these dolls. I ended up over at Cassiel's Fallen From Briah and decided that I wanted a sexy, spooky boy just like her Mikael, and so Kellen was bornded! So to answer the question, no. Or not quite, but I did end up getting a very similar sculpt (though Mikael was the first F-28 I'd ever seen ^_~)

6. My very first BJD was a DoC...U? I think, that I saw on deviantART. Clicking around the DoD website at the time, I wasn't interested at all, though I did think they were lovely. A couple of months later, I suddenly decided to go back, and DoC Zen was the one I couldn't stop looking at - and he was my first boy. ^_^

7. I believe the first ones I saw were a Volks 4 Sisters and Shirou Tachibana. I was browsing some cosplayer's site (I don't even remember who or where it was...it was like, 4 or 5 years ago), and she had a section on the site labeled "Dollfies". I was like "what the heck is a dollfie?" *click*

:D "Oooooo so pretty! And you can change their hair and makeup??"

((after browsing the net for more info))

:? "WHOA PRICEY!! *_* I'll probably never get one..."

Then I discovered DOD from lurking on the SuperDollfie community on LJ and I fell in LOVE with Bee-A. I got my friend to split the Too and Bee-A set with me and now she loves BJD's too. We both have multiple dolls now and our first babies are still our favorites. I'll probably never get the first ones I saw because the big dollies just aren't for me, but my friend wants a Hound. :sweat

8. First doll I saw was a SDC Kaede, I think. Thought she looked cute but I never wanted her for myself.

9. The first BJD that I ever saw was an El.

I fell in love with him, and to this day I really want to own him; Though my first doll [Or part of him, I only have his head.] happens to be a CP Yder.
      I won him. <3 But I'm really attached and inlove with his sculpt.

Sadly the next doll im getting is a Too, since I'm splitting the pair with a friend. :x
      Though I do hope to one day get El. <3

10. Uwaa...the very first doll I saw was actually being used as an RP character. It was a DOT Lahoo, but he was modeling an outfit XD [so it took me a while to figure out which doll he was >>;; ] I had the company name in the corner and traced it to the main website that lead me to DOD. I am still absolutely in love with Lahoo, but I knew it'd take me forever to afford him that I decided to go for my second love [DOC Yen]. I still plan to get Lahoo though. I swear it!

11. Well, I still have no idea what *the* first BJD I saw was, because I can't find the page again. -_- But one of the first companies I looked at was Souldoll, and, after months of being supremely fickle, jumping from doll to doll to doll, I'm back where I started. Now I'm saving for a Soulkid Katie. =) And I'm pretty sure that THIS one will last.

12. I can't remember the first BJD I ever saw, but the first one I fell in love with was Hound.

I bought one, then I bought a Husky. I still love them best!

13. I think I was twelve or thirteen when I first saw an article about Volks Super Dollfie on the internet. The man writing the article didn't speak kindly of them at all, he had labled them "scary dolls," but I thought they were gorgeous! Being young, and stupid, I didn't thoroughly read the article, so I thought they were actually called "scary dolls." :sweat Google as I might, my searches never returned the results I wanted, so I gave up.

About a year later, I was searching pictures of Aoyagi Ritsuka, from Loveles, when I came across a BJD cosplaying as Ritsuka. Lets just say, there was no turning back at that point...^^' To this day I don't have the slightest as to what mold it was or company it was from. But I know it was my dream doll.

EDIT: After doing more digging just now, I think it may have been a doll featured in Kokonoe/Yun Kouga's "Voleur de Rose 1" doll magazine.

After many months of frustration searching for that doll, I finally came across pictures of Aimee's Konoe Tsukasa. I completely fell in love with his mold, and I still want him to this day. If I were to ever come across a Tsukasa for sale, I'd sell my soul in a heartbeat to get him. XD

After lurking around the web, finding most of my info here on DOA, I fell for DOC Si's cute little face and wide eyes. :aheartbea For my first doll I wanted a Full Set, so for my birthday my mom and my grandmother went half and half on Si Full Set.

So, I didn't get the first doll I fell in love with, but I'm not dissapointed with the dolls I do have. ^^

14. I first loved a Chiwoo, not I'm not too sure if I need to have him in my future brood or not. ^^,

15. The first bjds I saw were kagami's Heisia and Byakuya (I totally love Heisia's beauty and Byakuya's adorable little fangs!). Funnily enough I came across them whilst searching for Bleach fanart (see. Byakuya and Renji). Anyway they were beautiful enough to intrigue me so I came to Den of Angels and had a look at their FAQ. The first link I clicked on for the shops was Luts. I looked around and whilst all the dolls were beautiful, none really struck me as something which I simply must have. Then their CP El's picture loaded and it was love at first sight. I fawned over those pictures for hours and immediately decided that I must have him no matter what the cost. My parents talked me out of buying him and so a few months went by.
      Funnily enough it was seeing kagami's Rei in the resin at an anime convention that cinched it for me. He was so beautiful and well made that I knew I wasn't going to change my mind (El haunted my dreams for days after that and I knew he wasn't going to leave me alone until I brought him home). Which brings me to where I am now, anxiously awaiting my boy's arrival.
      So he may not be the first bjd that I saw but he was definately the first that I fell in love with.

16. I think that the first BJD I was ever in love with was and Elf Lishe [I didn't only see one, the "first BJD" I saw was the entire Volks Delf page, lol]- but I never got one and am not planning to. So I guess it doesn't work in my case.

17. The very first doll I can remember seeing was Aimee's Marina - an old
      F-08 FCS. These photos by Aimee are what grabbed me and made me
      look up Volks where I found my Dark Michael and
      ended up getting him!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I thought her poses were so cute and that dress blew me away too!
      (dress by Shari Depp).

18. The first BJD that I saw in person was a tan Lishe & even though she wasn't one of my firsts, I did end up getting her. Also, when I seriously started looking one of my first picks was Miryu but I decided I'd be happier with a big doll. Thru an interesting turn of events, I just ended up with a Miryu a short time ago too.

19. Hmm... The very first BJD that I saw was either a Volks Shirou Tachibana or a Tsukasa Konoe... But looking back on it, I think it was a Shirou. xD; I was just browsing through Google, doing a search on Lolita to help a friend out with some dress patterns when I saw the word "BJD."

"o.o ; BJD? What's that stand for? *click*"

(After the page loaded...)

" :O Pretty dolls... I wish I could get one... "

I didn't know where to get a BJD at first so I let the interest die down... Yet I still thought about Shirou. But since I started high school and met a person that owned a BJD, the interest came back. ^^; Even though it wasn't Shirou, I ordered my first doll back in December and he's my favorite.

xD; I highly doubt that I'll ever get a Shirou but he'll always hold a special place in my heart. Who knows? Maybe Volks will be nice and make another version of him...

20. [​IMG]
      This very picture is the first BJD I saw. It was totally random on dA and I have no idea who it belongs to, maybe even someone on this board?

I had no idea what it was at the time and just saved the picture cause I thought that he just looked SO real!

I'm no good at knowing all the sculpts yet but I'm pretty sure it's a Volks, maybe Ryo? And now I have a Nana so they're almost the same really. ^^