1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

back to you in the end

Jun 14, 2007

1. The first bjd I saw was Cecile, and eventually, I did get a Cecile :D(though the one I saw was the Captain and I have a Scarface-which was released shortly after I got into bjd, and I loved him even more than the Captain xD eventually I do want a Captain Cecile as well, he's just my favorite mold :D)

2. The first BJDs I saw were Siyah's. Although come to think of it, I might have seen a volks (Megu? Definitely 4 sisters.) in a Japanese friend's magazine many years ago.

While I adore those dolls... I prefer the MSD or, better still, Tiny sizes. So no.

The first tiny I saw was OD So Ui. She's on my wishlist.

3. The first doll I saw was Lishe ^^; and guess what? I have one. XD

4. Yea the first bjd I ever saw killed me on the spot. Well it was and still the most wonderful bjd I have ever seen to me. It was a volks F-16 but not an ordinary one. It was modified to a dreaming F-16 by one of my most favourite bjd customizers, Ricky. But that was 2 years back and the price of that head went sky rocket in yahoo auction japan.

Well that one head gave me the motivation to save up for a Volks F-16 since it was the closes I can ever get to Ricky's dreaming F-16. Sadly he wasn't my 1st bjd. He was my fourth one since I wanted to be in Volks Tenshi no Sumika in person to place the FCS order and that was december last year ^^.

But still I really want a dreaming F-16 T_T.

5. The first BJD's I saw was at someone's dolly lj. And I was hooked in an instant. But it was only till later on I decided I wanted one too. It never became one of the dolls I first saw, but it became the one she pointed out in one of her posts (but never got) But he is love!! :aheartbea

6. I fordt saw these dolls in the filrm DollMaster, so the first ones I saw were by Custom House. I then got to meet some in person at a convention (quite by chance) and fell in love.

The first doll I ever bought, though, was a Luts El. That was the one that first really stood out to me, and I still have him (Mikos.)

7. I had two dolls that I saw first. One is a Volks Sakaki and he is currently on my to-buy list as I created a character for him that I want to have home.
      The other one is Kanon Louis*_* ... I still love lóve LOVE the boy, but I think I will never be able to buy him. I´ve seen only one of him for sale and didn´t have enough money at the time to buy him:doh . But he´s still first on my wishlist.

8. The first I saw was an unoa sist. while I thought she was indeed beautifull, I knew if I ever have a doll it wouldnt be her. she's just not my type. I love to see pictures of her and all, and maybe in time I'll consider getting one myself, but not now.
      By the way my first doll is a dollzone shoyu wich is arriwing on july 6th. Loki is not a dollzone doll because she was cheap (well that too, but thats just an extra).
      As for me, at first I wanted a volks msd mika, then came doc twingkey, souldoll yewon...did I left out anyone?..oh yeah luts minifée shushu. The only problem was with all of them that they didnt call to me. When I first saw Loki her character popped to my head, and while waiting, that character developed, so I can say I made a thoughtfull decision.

Good luck on sawing up for your boy^^

9. Well to be honest the very first BJD I can remember seeing I don't recognize the mold at all. It looked like a real asian girl despite the joints. I had to do a double-take. I think it was a custom..wish I still had the picture.

The first available BJD I saw though was a Unoa Lusis from a girl's doll page. She had crazy rocker orange hair and hot pink lips. Anyone know what I'm talking about? When I saw her I just knew that's what I wanted. It says on her page about how expensive and hard to get they are, it sounded like a long journey that I'd never be able to go on.
      After that I learned all I could about them, and drooled over the rare fully strung, painted Unoas that flew by Ebay before looking at Crescent. I lost many auctions but gained even more information about them. I was so frustrated about the price but saw a website that said that you should get your dream doll and not settle for "second best"...so that's what I did. <3 Though I admit I looked elsewhere just in case there was something just as good or better. I was seriously considering a MiniSupia Yan for quite awhile(still want one too). I figured though, if you're literally dreaming about your dream doll for months, that it should be the one you get. I bet in a few months I'll be dreaming about Yan too as I develope the character for her further.
      It will always be this way for every doll I get, no matter how expensive...if it takes me a year or two to save up then hey, that's what it takes. *shrug* :sweat

10. First ones I saw were Volks BJDs.. They never really did it for me though. It was only when I saw a DoC Bee-A that the interest in getting a BJD sparked for me... I don't own a Bee-A though.. I own a Hoo. :)

11. I actually DID end up getting one of the first BJDs I really wanted.

I was looking at Volks dolls (there were fewer dolls and companies, then!) and thought that, of all of them, I'd really like a Shiro Tachibana, but he was sold out... so I figured I'd better look for another doll, since I'd never likely get him.

Luckily Elf Els were still being sold and I got one--and he's truly my dream doll, but I guess I never did forget about Shiro...

Several years later I was able to attend a Tea Party at the Volks L.A. Mansion. There was a Shiro Tachibana One-Off. I figured he'd be so sought-after that I'd never have a chance, but I put in for him anyway--and I got him.

I think I've been lucky... I've been able to get the dolls I've really wanted. :)

12. The first doll I daw was aurablackcat at DA (I think that was the name xwx;). It was a Bee-A from DoD. From the moment I saw her, I fell in love. She became the first doll I was to own ^_^

I still have my Bee-A now and I think she's just as beautiful. <3

13. If I could remember the first doll I saw I would be lucky xD Years ago first saw them at conventions, then saw pictures of them on cosplay forums, the whole time going "What are they? I want one!" then found out what they were and found out the price >.< There was about two years of "I can't afford that!" until I found out I could xDD
      The first one I saw since knowing what they were was a Delf Shiwoo though, and I will get one eventually! The first doll I reeaaaaally wanted was a KD Ttori though, and of course he was my first! :aheartbea

14. It's interesting how people have all seen their first BJD in so many different ways..movies, magazines, in person at conventions or by someone even in your own class at school.

I can't remember what I was originally searching for when I found that first image, all I can remember is him :lol: . Maybe I was searching something that had to do with Japanese rock music because he looked a bit like Hyde but not to the point of twin like-ness.

Much agreement. When it comes to something so expensive that you're going to be hefting down over a hundred dollars for at the very least anyway, then I think that in the end you should just save up for that "one" no matter how hard it may seem (well, still within reasonable means of course..).

And thank you Zimaze for the luck. :3nodding:

15. The first doll I ever saw was a mini boy, I'm sure it was a volks but I can't say which one, if I saw him again I'd know. I never got him coz I dicovered the wonderful world of BJD's and picked the one right for me. :) SOOOO many to choose!

16. The first doll I fell for was a DOC SI.
      And I still want one. The first love always seems to be the strongest, ne? Even if it 'doesn't fit the character.' *_*

17. One of the first dolls I was enamored w/ was mini fee shiwoo...

and, lo and behold after a bajillion mind-changes, I went for a SD shiwoo :) Kinda interesting...

18. First one I saw online was a Volks Cyndy. I thought she was wonderful!!!! I wanted her really bad. The first one I saw in person was a Volks four sisters head. :XD: I own both now! I love them very much! They are my favorite girls to this day.

19. Shiro was one of the first boys I saw and I wanted him from that minute. I was lucky enough to get him too!:fangirl: Another Shiro fan! *high five*

20. The very first BJD I ever saw in person was a Volks FCS MSD girl who belongs to a friend of mine. I think she's adorable, but I'm not... in love with her sculpt. I never adopted her, and I don't think I ever will, but I love having her over. :)

The first doll I wanted to purchase for myself was a Volks MSD Hisui, but she got phased out and I ended up adopting a Volks SD Kun from my friend as my very first girl. :P