1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

back to you in the end

Jun 14, 2007

1. The first doll I ever saw was a Volks Kohaku and a Dollmore Asha. I have had both in my doll family once or twice. However they while still lovely did not really truely hold me as strong as My Cyber Shiwoo did and still does.

2. Two dolls from Dream of Doll when searching for pictures on google, though I still have no idea who. I always liked looking at DOD's dolls, but they never were the kind of dolls I wanted to have, so I don't own one.

3. The first BJD I saw was a Blue Fairy Tiny Fairy May. The first bjd I bought was a BF TF Sarang. I saw her and it clicked :) Although I do have a may on the way home now, four years later, lol! I looked around for a while, but Sarang was the one for me.

4. I actually have no idea what the first doll I ever saw was, nor do I remember how I came across what would end up being my first doll. Maybe my memory isn't as great as I thought it was.... :sweat

The first doll I bought *was* the first one I fell for though :) So there's something I remember.

5. Pretty much yes. The very first one I remember I saw was PKF Luna. She got me interested in these dolls and I began my research. It took me two years of looking at a lot of dolls of different companies but in the end Luna was my very first doll I purchased.

6. The first on topic for DoA doll I ever saw was a Dollfie Dream. The first resin bjd I saw actual pix of next to a real person was a Bobobie Weylin. I have never had any desire to own either.

The first doll I fell absolutely head over heels in love with was AoD Chen and he became my first doll. He was also the first bjd I ever saw in person or touched. :) I still have him 4.5 years later.

7. the first BJD I ever saw was a Zaoll Luv boy mod - my dream doll - and he's just been dispatched today :DDD ready to mod him to a her and do his faceup etc in the next couple weeks!!

8. Do you remember the first BJD you ever saw? Did it in the end become the doll that you set out to purchase?

The first doll I fell for was an Island doll Ellie. Looking back on her, I don't like her as much now. However, the doll I got instead of her (my ringdoll girl) is still one of my favorites.

9. Absolutely. My boy was the first BJD I really saw and fell in love with. I had no intentions of ever owning a BJD, but the moment I saw him....it was love at first sight for sure.

10. I don't remember the first mould but it was an MSD boy doll while I was searching for some anime figures. I thought he was the coolest thing I'd ever seen!

11. Same here! Though I am still quite taken with Tender Shall. Hmm.

Also, I keep reading about people not wanting to own a DOD. (here and in the "not wanting the beautifuls" thread) Just wondering aloud what's up with that, haha. :D

12. The very first of any sort I saw was the 1/6 Volks "Who's That Girl" Yamata boy. First on-topic here would have been a 60cm Obitsu. First resin was a DZ Hirry hybrid. I fell in love with that sculpt, and after awhile I was able to get a Hirry head, who is now my boy Kendall. ^__^

13. Some of the first dolls I saw were from Dream of Doll, Souldoll and Ringdoll. While I still like them, I don't see myself owning any in the near future. My doll tastes have changed a little bit since I first started looking, however shortly into discovering BJDs I found a Soom Amber. Immediately I knew she was my grail. Not thinking I would be able to afford her second-hand price tag, I saved up for a LE Ringdoll Frankenstein, as I didn't want to miss out on another limited. I had the full amount ready for his release, but it was delayed unexpectedly by months. Shortly after I began sitting on Frankenstein's money, ready to pounce on it, a Soom Amber came up on the MP and I was able to scrounge up the remaining half of her pricetag ;) It was meant to be~

14. i don't remember the first bjd i ever saw, but i remember around 2004 coming across a picture of a volks model that i later on made a pixel drawing on. i have seen her again after all those years and i remember that when i saw her i was like "ohhh this is the dollie i drew back them when i was in the fever of pixel drawing" LOL, the funny thing is i don't find her pretty anymore, she is just not my bjd type, so i don't think i'll ever get one :)

15. The first one I saw was a special edition dressed like Chi from Chobits, I think she was a Volks but this was around 2002 time.

16. the first BJD I ever saw was at a fantasy/medival event, I do not know the sculpt of this doll.

But the first doll I ever looked at and liked was Luts Delf Soony,
      And No I never did bring her home.

17. I think the first BJD I ever saw must have been one of Silje's (mio27 on deviantART) - either her Lilliandil (Soom Topaz) or Kassandra (modded Rosette Fir). Whereas I really admired these dolls, I was more interested in the fact that the were dolls in amazing costumes than in their particular sculpts. And it's only through the website of Aurore Blackcat that I found out that they were called BJDs. That's when I started searching for one that suited me - a search that took me far, far away from any of the sculpts in either Silje's or Aurore's possession :). My first doll was my sweet little DZ Scarecrow Hal.

18. For me it's a Volks SD13 (or 10, I can't recall right now, not enough coffee) Magical Michael, with the fullset. Since I saw him, my tastes have begun to lean toward Souldoll, Soom, and Iplehouse's styles, but I feel like scooping him up would be like paying homage to what first attracted me to this hobby.

But sadly, I'm nowhere near being able to do so right now.