1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bad (and lengthy) experience with Bambicrony -- Resolved 5/10

Apr 27, 2007

1. Oh man, I've been thinking of getting one...they're so cute. But, it's not worth the hassel of bad customer service. I'll just wait.

2. Updated first post -- BC says they'll send me a new torso. I hope they follow through. >_<

3. Sorry Chibaraki - I think you are getting overly bent out of shape on this. You accidentally were given a snowskin upper torso on a normal skin doll. They are sending you a new torso.

If I am understanding correctly, you made them aware of the problem on the 26th (Thursday in Seattle, possibly their Friday). You did it in a publicly visible way, got annoyed when they locked the thread (which may be standard operating procedure for order-related discussions), and more annoyed when they added the explanatory note about color variations? And you expected your part to ship over the weekend?

Sounds to me like they wanted to make sure they send a part that is a good match. It also sounds to me like there was an excellent response time considering that their daytime hours are not the same as ours, the message had to be translated, and a weekend was in the middle of all of this. And also remember they are currently working on renewing molds and may be very busy.

And before you get steamed about shipping or shipping status, I know one Korean doll company is only visited by the shipping service once a week to pick up packages. And in my experience EMS is very bad about updating package status. And if EMS does not update it, it is not the doll company's fault.

Relax a bit. Stress is bad.

Carolyn

4. I think you mistook my chronology. I've been appending updates to the beginning of this post (that's why I've started dating them). They originally told me that there was nothing wrong with my doll -- that the difference in resin color was normal variation from when the doll was cast. They had stated absolutely no intent to do anything about it (in fact, they were denying that it was a problem) until I filed a Paypal dispute and some people here left them nastygrams.

I'll be quite pleased if they follow through and actually replace her torso (considering how long they gave me the runaround shipping the doll to start I'm reluctant to get too enthusiastic until I have either a tracking number or the part). But I find it pretty sad that I had to resort to Paypal disputes to get them to aknowledge and offer to solve the problem.

I do understand how you can get the reading you seem to have gotten from their posts. It sounds like they're saying that in their original message to me they intended to replace the torso but were warning me that the resin match might not be perfect. This isn't the case, or at least, they didn't say ANYTHING about sending a replacement torso until the message they posted this morning.

5. Actually, I totally disagree with you Carolyn.S.

I think Chibaraki is WELL within her rights as a customer to feel the way she does. There is absolutely no GOOD and REASONABLE excuse for the torso being mismatched the way it is. Absolutely none. And given how many times they lied to her about when they were going to ship the doll itself, I can understand why she's feeling wary about when and IF she will ever see a replacement torso.

I really don't understand why people should be good little boys and girls and accept bad customer service.

Good luck with all this Chibaraki. I seriously doubt I will ever be ordering from Bambicrony again because of this and the various problems they've been having with their coloured dolls.

6. Sorry Chika - I didn't not realize it went that far.

I got a Banji once with two left upper arms. Someone else got a doll once with two left feet. The dolls companies sent correct parts and all was well. Several owners have said that Bambicrony snow skin and normal skin are very close in color. It's a simple mistake (and should be easily correctable if explained properly).

Pehaps they misunderstood your original color complaint and didn't understand it was a snow skin chest part. English translates horribly into Korean. I always run my English messages for Koreans back and forth through a translator until I come up with statements that can translate back into the same thing I meant. It's very hard to get the right wording.

What was your original text?

Carolyn

7. Same here, chibaraki. Their first reaction was very unprofessional, and sounded like a complete cop-out. The fact that they didn't want to own up to a very deliberate mistake is just wrong and makes me very leery of buying from them in the future.

But if they are actually making attempts to amend the problem, then that might change my mind. After all, it's not like this is a measley $10 we're dropping here -- it's hundreds of dollars.

For someone to say that you are getting too bent out of shape for something like this may not really understand the value of the dollar, nor the value of quality. Like Kurosakura said, you are very well within your rights to be upset.

Do not settle! If this was a cheaper doll, then I'm sure it wouldn't matter. But Bambicrony dolls are far from cheap, and you have every right to expect matching resin parts.

8. I looked up comparisons of BC snow and normal skin, and I can see how they could make that mistake (well, kind of -- clearly someone wasn't paying that close attention when the doll was assembled, but I wouldn't either if I'd been assembling dolls all day). I don't know how they could have misunderstood my original post, though. I attached a photo, and it was pretty simple.

And here's the photo (naked dollie chest warning).

Honestly, I don't feel like it's reasonable to blame my original post for the issue. Bambicrony's English is pretty good, and in any case they're running an English website catering to English-speaking customers, so I don't feel that it's too much to ask that they understand something as simple as my post.

9. A while back I handled the DoA members' problems about Dollmore Banji's original knees by communicating repeatedly with the Dollmore person who knew some English. I can tell you I was getting nowhere with compound sentences. I would ask a question with a choice that that was not yes or no, and would get back the answer Yes. Finally I started using simple sentences that I ran back and forth through an online translator until I got wording that worked. After that things went smoothly, new leg parts were sculpted, and early purchasers were able to get new leg parts.

This is your text automatically translated to Korean, and then back to English, by two different automatic translators. Compound sentences can cause translation problems. This may have led to some confusion.

Google translator:
      Goodbye, me above me receiving a normal skin s.Kumi (order 20070317163423136MC) today, the resin color of the bust remainder of the doll than is lighter me pays attention to the thing very. I am attaching the photograph. Me the bust of up of her the normal skin instead of is the eye skin, it thinks! where Above being to the color which is suitable there is a method for me who get a bust attachment? Thank you.

Babelfish:
      Goodbye, me me normal skin s.Kumi today (order 20070317163423136MC) above receiving, the bust resin color pays attention remainder of the doll compared to a very lighter thing me. Me it attaches the photograph. The bust of up of her in substitution of the normal skin the eye skin me it thinks! It gets an up bust attachment the hazard method which will carry it is inside the right side color? Be extensive and thank.

In contrast, here are 3 sentences I edited repeatedly until they translated into and out of Korean pretty well:

Original:
      Hello,
      I received normal skin Kumi (order 123). Kumi has white skin part upper body. Please send normal skin part upper body.
      Thank you,

Translated back Korean:
      Hello,
      I received normal skin Kumi (order 123). To Kumi there is a white skin attachment upper body. Send the normal skin attachment upper body.
      Thank you,

Carolyn

10. I don't really want to open up the machine translation kettle of fish, because... well. We've all seen how well machine translation works, which is to say it basically doesn't. It makes mistakes no human being would ever make. Using Google or Babelfish to translate things back and forth is not by any means a reflection of the actual translation issues that can arise.

That said, clearly BC isn't using a machine translator (you can tell because most of what they say is pretty lucid). Someone around there speaks pretty good English.

I'm not sure what the point of your argument is except that the problems I'm having are my fault and not Bambicrony's, and I can't accept that conclusion -- I'm actually quite bothered that you're trying to push it. I am a customer. I gave Bambicrony $350 of my money. It doesn't matter that English isn't their native language, or that they're a small company, or that they're busy, which are all excuses people have given me for their behavior. They took my money, and they have a responsibility to make sure I get the product I paid for and that it is as described, which involves having a body that's all the same skintone. As far as I'm concerned that's the end of the discussion.

11. I agree that I don't think anything is being machine translated, so it doesn't matter what google translations do to her initial post, its a pointless argument. I haven't seen any evidence that Bambicrony is machine translating in any of their responses on Q&A.

It sounded simply like they were denying that it could have been a snow skin part, or who knows, maybe they overlooked that part of the post. It happens to everyone once in awhile.

Even if it was a translation error, there was no evidence of that, so of course Chibaraki has a right to get upset, thinking she was being brushed off!

It's odd that they didn't notice it when putting it together. I'd hate to think that it was done on purpose. Perhaps their lighting is just really poor *_*

12. Sorry Chibaraki - I didn't mean to make you more upset! If everyone is sure Bambicrony reads English very well then they should have understood your post and should have responded that they would correct the problem.

Carolyn

13. Hmmm... if matching resins is that difficult, what they really should do is replace your entire doll (or rather, the entire body) with one from a batch that is matched. Then they can sort resin pieces on their end to fix the doll/body that's mismatched. That would immediate solve the problem. Now there's the possibility that the piece may still not match (and they're warning about it).

Oh, well. I hope it does all work out this time!

... And I did think the chronology of your messages and how you worded them were pretty clear (and politely worded and quite calm in tone). As were the answers from BC. They definitely seemed to say they thought it was normal that the color of parts didn't match and did NOT offer any resolution in that first reply after you sent photos of the mis-matched parts. (It's easy for someone who quickly reads this thread all at once to probably make a mistake about what was sent when, though.)

But, at least they finally came around... *_*

14. Yes, I have to say, online translators are not very accurate and a company would not have gotten the same sentence that the online translator gives.

15. Rinoa - I didn't say the online translators were good. They are so bad that I figure if I can get an English sentence into Korean and back to English using an online translator without it getting jumbled, then I have a clear simple sentence that will be easy to understand.

Chibaraki - I hope it all works out ok and that you get your part soon.

Carolyn

16. This sucks so much. I really want a Cookie but this is such a turn-off! I had some questions to them and they didnt reply very well, and i did get the feeling that they avoid stuff that requires some... thought or whatever you say, and now i know im right.

17. Good Luck chibaraki...........if they could'nt tell the difference between the resin body colour then they need specs!
      I think you have been more than reasonable in your expectations and your handling of the situation has been far more polite than i could have managed.

As for translations......these companies know damn well that they will be dealing with a lot of english speaking customers and it's about time they all got their acts together and stop giving us the old "we don't understand" excuse. I reckon they use that excuse too often to get themselves out of trouble over orders going wrong etc.

Fingers and eyes crossed for you chibaraki ^_^

18. There is never an excuse for poor customer service. These companies understand English enough to take our money!

Some companies go the extra mile to rectify a problem. I ordered a tiny from Elfdoll. I waited a month or so and when the little box arrived, the wrong doll had been sent. I e-mailed them right away. They apologized up and down and said they would get the right doll made and sent. On top of that, they told me to keep the doll they sent as a gift for my trouble.

Am I still their customer? Of course and I've purchased two more dolls from them since then because I know they will treat me fairly. I have also sung their praises to many people and let's face it, word of mouth advertising can work wonders in making or breaking a company. BC has a lot to learn!