1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ball-Jointed Doll Abbreviations, Terms, and Meanings Guide

Sep 3, 2005

1. I has a question. What's SDGr? o Ao

2. SDGr refers to Volks' SD Graffiti boys/body. You can read a bit about them here

3. what is the meaning of "resinality" that is listed with the Volks Graffiti boys?
      This wasn't listed in the post about abbreviations and such. Thanks.

4. What about the doll sizes, like 1/3 and 1/4, etc...? I constantly get them confused, and I'm having a hard time buying clothes for my dolls because everyone uses different terms. :(

Could we add them in?

5. Those relate to the doll scale:
      1/3 is roughly 1/3 human scale; Volks SDs fit into that category and 1/3s tend to range from about 50-70 cm
      1/4 is roughly 1/4 human scale; Volks MSDs fit into that category and 1/4s tend to range about 40-50 cm
      1/6 is a tiny that is about 1/6 human scale and tends to have a more adult shape, think a little smaller than barbie
      Tinies have the biggest size range, and include from Pukipukis to Volks YoSDs and even some others that are SMALLER than Pukis.

I know it's very confusing. Most people tend to call 1/3s SDs but SD (Super dollfie) is actually a term that was created by Volks and is owned by them, just like MSD (Mini Super Dollfie) and YoSD. Hope that helps! I'd suggest looking carefully at the clothing descriptions and also checking measurements.

6. DDdy - Dollfie Dream Dynamite newest body for the dollfie dream line, bust is bigger then the L size from the normal DD and there are two bust types: Normal & Shapely bust.

7. Here's some more to consider adding!

FL = Fairyland BJD Company
      MNF = MiniFee (msd size doll) made by Fairyland and Luts (this would be an edited entry)
      LTF = LittleFee (yosd size dolls) made by Fairyland)
      PKF - PukiFee - made by fairyland

PukiPuki doesn't usually get an abbreviation unless its PP or PkPk.

8. What size is 1/3 SD?

9. I've seen BBB for Bobobies.

10. I wanted to post this under the newbie area but I wasn't able to, probably because I'm really not that new to this. However I just feel that this is sort of a newbie question.
      I wasn't able to find a thread like this so I thought I would ask here.

There are two dolls that I really want, but after their name it says "LE10". I've also seen "LE20", "LE50", "LE100" and so on.
      What does this mean?

11. It means "Limited Edition - Only 10/20/30/50/x/y/z pieces available" :)
      After these 10 or 20 or x pieces are ordered, the doll is considered as "sold out" and not to be put up for sale again (except maybe my some special multiple user requests, though these cases are very rare) or in a "basic" version (where you don't get the collectable clothes/makeup/etc).
      LEs are usually collectibles :)

12. LE - Limited Edition, can see if the company sells the doll as a basic version, but if it is a full-set with a special outfit or extras then the number is how many will be made.

13. My favorite doll company - not on list. IH Iplehouse doll company. Thanks for the great work.