1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ball-Jointed Doll Abbreviations, Terms, and Meanings Guide

Sep 3, 2005

1. Mini Fee is a line of MSD sized dolls by Cerberus Project. They were origionally sold at eLuts, but now you can buy them at Fairyland. :) They're mature minis.​

2. Originally Posted by Keanna [​IMG]
      "SS" means Super Sculpey, as far as I know. "SSF" is Super Sculpey Firm.

From what I remember "SS" usually refers to a type CP/Luts sculpt, Sleeping Special (or is it Special Sleeping?), a vampire with half-closed eyes. Of course I could be wrong.

Morgan

3. what does KDF mean ?

4. just wondering, but is there an abbreviation for Super Senior Delf??

and thanks for this list, it has helped a ton with my n00b questions :)

5. I imagine Super Senior Delfs would be SSDF

AiL is also Alice in Labirynth if it's not listed (not on first page)

6. Oh, also KDF is Kid Delf, the smaller immature MSD dolls from eLuts.com (cerebrus project)

7. i don't know if this was answered earlier, i read a few pages but not all of them.

what i would like to know is this: when one goes to make a new post or to post a reply, you have your choice of "post icons." several of the post icons are hearts that say things like: "60" or "45." i understand that this is reffering to the height, in centimeters, of super dollfie & mini super dollfie.

but the tool tip pop up says things like, "sdsd1" or "sdmsd4." what does this mean? what do the numbers designate?

thanks! & sorry again if this was already addressed.

8. The 'sdsd1' and such are just the names of the actual picture files, I believe. I've never seen them pop up.

Otherwise, those hearts are used to denote the sizes and genders of the dolls in pictures reflecting relationships.

9. So what does XD or X with alot of Ds behind it mean?

10. That's actually an emoticon for a smiley facer with the eyes squeezed shut. Look at it sideways and it makes a little more sense. The extra 'D's are just for emphasis...more open-mouthed grins, I guess. :)

11. I've seen SDF a few times. Does that mean Senior Delf?

12. Yup, that's exactly what it means. :)

13. oh and im still trying to get usd to all the terms for bjds

i think i remember somewhere on here where i could read and learn more but i cant find it, so i hope im not being to much of a bother to ask it here but ive heard the term "hounds" a few times and i was just wondering does hounds mean like 70cm dolls?

14. "Hound" is the name of a mold, a head sculpt, offered by the Dollshe Company. The "Hound" head mold comes on the Dollshe 70cm Dollshe boy body, so the doll is 70cm tall. But it's not a generic term to describe 70cm dolls. Hope that helps!

15. ok so if i was shopping for a 52 cm female doll what terms do i looke for??

for example i was looking on dollheart and when i went into clothes it had a few buttons with things like sd/10 on them

and this says sd/10 is a volks body, so how do i know what to look for???

16. Like everyone else, I've found this to be invaluable information. A couple of suggestions I have, I've picked up during my huntings of ebay. Firstly, I think it would be beneficial to include a description of Delf. I know what this is now, but I used to run across references that lead me to wonder if it was a specific doll type. Well... it is, but I was wondering specifically if it referred to doll elves/elf dolls. :blush:

Secondly, I've seen the company Doll Family (DF) in a few ebay pages. Almost considered ordering one. Not sure if you're keeping up with company names, however. :)

17. I saw B&G and I can't figure out what company that is or what dolls they sell because the link to the company website was expired...

18. Stephanie, B&G is Boys and Girls heh, nice and simple ^^ and this is the link to their english website ^^ http://hk.geocities.com/layla_mi/bgdoll/bgd.html

And I have a question ^^ Is there a possibility that the SD10, 13, 16, 17, whateever else of SD# they make have an actual size with them? I know the SD is approximately 60-ish cm, but not sure on how much bigger the others are compared to other dolls

19. Hmm... I can't seem to find Domuya on the list.... And on that topic... what is the commonly used abbreviation for Domuya? I dont think I've ever seen it. *L*

20. What does DM stand for? I know it's a company....