1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bambi crony's quality control

Jun 7, 2007

1. I agree I was just stating what my observation seems to happen. I once ordered a doll fom another company and the resin had an awful smell and the head sculpt and eyesockets were not at all like it was pictured. I never ordered from the place again nor do I plan to.

It's sad with bambicrony as it seems their customer service and quality control is variable. Lately I've noticed they went from ok to worse. I work for my money too so I've recently resolved to hold off on buying from BC until things get better.

Each time I've ordered there were small issues and I ignored it because I didn't want to make a mountain out of a molehill. I feel bad as I really supported this company.

2. wow. and wow. when I got my pepe, i was so happy. i was thrilled even, with the quality and gravitated to the BC site where I saw so many dolls I wanted more.

I'm glad now that I didnt order more.

I did buy a previously loved BC doll ,but I was able to see the exact doll and its quality.

I like the molds, I like the posibility, but seeing the current quality, I cant see myself getting another from BC directly (from someone elses connection, where i see what I'm getting, thats okay)

3. That is terrable. I worry because I want a bc girl so bad, but I don't know if it is worth dealing with that.

4. Wow, Greenleaf, that is inexcusable. I'm so sorry you (and others) have had negative experiences with Bambicrony.

I'll admit that I have been one of their biggest fans since all of my dolls have been perfect. I have 3 NS elves and one MR elf.

Does anyone know if they use the same mould casing for every doll they cast in the special colours?

It may not make any sense, but is looks to me like by the time they got to the end of the run, the coating on the moulds may have been worn down, and the resin stuck in places.

A company's "good will" is very valuable, and when buying a business, a company with a good reputation can cost a lot more than the inventory is worth - good will has an actual value. So I would think it would be worth their while for BC to make sure everyone is happy with their product.

It would be worth the time and money for them to replace any dolls that are unsatisfactory, even if it means remaking moulds and fixing their resin formulas. That cost is far less than the cost of ruining a good business reputation.

I think DOA members have been reponsible for a large percentage of Bambicrony sales. Is there anything we could do to help the buyers getting substandard dolls?

5. I think they were using the same molds for the elves irregardless of color. Someone suggested it when some of the LSG elves looked purple that perhaps they were cast after the pink. Also the popping leg problem has been reported in many colors. The popping leg problem is from mold. Bambicrony did get a lot of orders for these elves so it's quite possible the deteriorating molds and resin reaction could have something to do with the bad batch of parts and dolls.

I tried posting problems on Bambicrony before for others especially with the fading/yellowing problem. Other than saying keep your doll out of the sun and coating your doll with a discontinued MSC they were of little help.

I personally have gotten thanks for pointing out these problems your helps is invaluable to us yada yada . It's great for improving our products kind of replies. Though I sadly have seen decreased quality not improved quality :(

So I really don't know how we can help other than not buying into all their great promotions until they decide to improve Quality Assurance

6. I was'nt having moan at you AreeElf it's just that these companies get to me sometimes. I have heard so many awful stories of shoddy quality and bad/dismissive treatment of customers that i cannot bring myself to deal with companies who don't make good their mistakes and apologise to thier customers.
      grrrrrrrr - if i was a dog i would be chewing on a slipper now:roar

7. I've wondered about the molds too. I did not see problems like this before the colored elves.

Carolyn

8. I too was not happy with the hands I got with my two colored elfs I had to do a ton of clean up on them...after waiting *well* past the 20 working days mark. I love the dolls but they really need to tell people that there's a long wait time and watch the product that leaves there shop.

9. PrincessAI436 had a problem with the bubble in the hands. I remember her taking a long time resolving it. She also was upset with the grainy feel to the resin surface. Bambicrony finally sent her a pair of replacement hands after much messaging and emailing. She was so aggravated that she ended up selling her doll. At the time it seemed like a bad fluke issue as no one else was having major quality control issues.

I think it is their molds deteriorating.

10. You have every right to be upset, and I hope that it all gets resolved!

I once received a doll from a different company that had those same problems. Although in my case it was a lemon - as I've never seen another of their dolls have that problem - I'm not buying from that company again. I was too appalled at what I received and that they painted his face and everything but failed to notice all the problems the resin had. I contacted the company to let them know about the problems but they said it was normal, so I sold him to someone else, and later discovered that it was not normal at all. I had only been the hobby for a month at that point.

11. It's a shame that BC is having so many problems as of late. I bought a BC Kumi back when ELuts first offered them... I've since sold her, but she was an adorable doll with beautifully detailed little hands. I know there are plenty of people who love the BC molds and I hope the company can get it together and fix these quality control issues before their reputation is irreversibly destroyed with collectors.

12. So sorry to see this...I love the bambicrony dolls...but for a company to send out anything less than a perfect product is SO wrong in my opinion.

13. How depressing! I cannot believe they would be so cruel! Its hard to cast molds, i've had my share of tries, but its not too difficult to clean up the dolls after you've had them cast. It only takes an hour or so.

14. As you all know I am rather upset too, I mean after all the waiting and exchange of nonsense messages ...this

I particularly ask them about the resin molds problem while waiting and got the answer " no problems at all, your doll came out perfectly" TWICE

and now we... on the post below you can see the issueswith my new doll

I am all but happy right now...but also not in the moood nor the stength to handle with the claim process

besides I am having major trouble to get the marks to show on pics..dunno why

15. I haven't heard about the fading problem... can anyone point me in the direction of the thread (if there is one)?

16. So disappointed in BC. My only experience has been positive with my little NS elf Pepe Kizzy who is just beautiful. After reading so many horror stories (which kind of started with the full sets not being as full as they implied) then the fading and now this. I think it is their disregard for customer care that sticks the most. I wont be ordering again from them. This and other threads should be highlighted to them so that they can fully appreciate the concerns potential customers are now having.

17. My MR Pepe's default left hand have the same extra bits between the fingers similar to Greenleafs' and her right foot is also shiny.

I was disappointed that the hand wasn't cleaned up well and I thought the shiny foot was mold release.

Argh! My Lotti is to arrive Monday. I really do hope there is no issues with her...sigh.

Lobelia

18. The fist set of hands I got with my LSG Pepe were pretty much like that... But since they were not primary hands, I wasn't going to worry too much. The slicing between the fingers of his main hands was pretty bad, too, but, again... seems sorta in-line with BC quality (sadly!).

Don't have the legs and arm problems, though! That's bad. :(

As Bunny mentioned, with the colored elves I think there's no chance of getting replacement parts.

And if the replacements are the same...??? I guess there's not much to do after that! They obviously find that acceptable. ... But the joint problem! Hmmmm. *_*

19. You know, I think it wouldn't be asking too much for them to re-do the elves that have issues. I think by the time they finished the LSG elves, they were probably so burnt out, they were willing to let the quality slide.

I know how that feels sometimes at the end of a really long day at work...:roll:

Maybe once they have thought about it, and heard and seen the problems, they will offer some sort of recourse.

It really is the only right thing to do.