1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bambicrony Bunny Land Discussion

Nov 12, 2007

1. Well thankfully I'm safe, I think they look a little weird. I was hoping they'd be releasing their own bunny dolls, more like a curo.

2. I think they are cute - they look like they are only wearing little bunny suits, only the bunny suits don't come off. That makes it a bit hard to morph them into your own character, or to customize them in a unique way - which is part of the joy of a BJD. I am really drawn to the Alice in Wonderland theme though & I don't find them scary at all. I would need more info about the currant doll & future plans for the line before deciding to buy one or not.

3. I think the heads should have been resculpted to be half human half bunny personally and the hand bunny hands and the head smaller. It could have been very interesting then. However the heads really look to be the same and not resculpted in size they look to big (and after selling piggy due to its VERY large head) I will not be buying another doll with an overly large head.

First thing I thought of was the Umpa Lumpa's and thats not good LOL.

** Yes I agree they were thinking lets make a doll with a bunny suit body this is why they kept the hands and resin the color they did.

4. Thats what I was thinking of! I couldn't for the life of me remember what they reminded me of. :lol:

They have tails...

5. :) hee hee so umpa lumpa

6. Oompa, Loompa, doom-pa-dee-do
      I have a perfect puzzle for you
      Oompa, Loompa, doom-pa-dee-dee
      If you are wise, you'll listen to me

What do you get when you guzzle down sweets?
      Eating as much as an elephant eats
      What are you at getting terribly fat?
      What do you think will come of that?

I don't like the look of it

Oompa, Loompa, doom-pa-dee-da
      If you're not greedy, you will go far
      You will live in happiness too
      Like the Oompa Loompa doom-pa-dee-do

Oompa, Loompa, doom-pa-dee-do
      I have another puzzle for you
      Oompa, Loompa, doom-pa-da-dee

Gum chewing's fine when it's once in a while
      It stops you from smoking and brightens your smile
      But it's repulsive, revolting, and wrong
      Chewing and chewing all day long

The way that a cow does

Given good manners, you will go far

Who do you blame when your kid is a brat?
      Pampered and spoiled like a Siamese cat
      Blaming the kids is a lie and a shame
      You know exactly who's to blame

The mother and the father

If you're not spoiled, then you will go far

What do you get from a glut of TV?
      A pain in the neck and an IQ of three
      Why don't you try simply reading a book?
      Or can you just not bear to look?

You'll get no...you'll get no...you'll get no commercials

If you're not greedy, you will go far

Hahaa! Now I'd love to see them in a stop motion film all painted up with funny hair singing this song!

7. It might be fun to blush or paint the white Bunny parts to give the little dolls your own unique look.....lots of possibilities there!

8. Always loved the IQ of 3 one. I will be singing that for the rest of the day I wonder what that will do to my IQ ;)

That just might increase sales! a whole line up of them like in Charlie and Choc factory number two version.

9. Lol! Put them in little jumpers... Use orange resin for the bodies... That could be fun! I still wouldn't want it though. ;)

I think the bunnies will do well with people who live and breathe Alice. I've been thinking about them all day. I'm still baffled.

10. Slightly misunderstood what I meant by 'copying', I didn't mean it literally, I meant it more from the 'ooh that's a good idea let's do that too' point of view, but sadly you do see it often enough when someone comes out with a particular idea, then others do it, the finger pointers crawl out of the woodwork and start their 'blah blah is only doing that because yaddah yaddah did it first' thing.
      I mentioned it because it always happens and as you quite rightly said it's rediculous as everything is influenced by something but it's sadly an inevitable reaction with some people.

Personally I love BC's sculpts, they are as a general rule adorable and do not look like anyone elses. With this however I think they could have done far better as far as the face and hands are concerned.

It's been bugging me since I looked that them and I suddenly remembered what the little upright ears remind me of, Netherland Dwarf rabbits...they have the stumpy little upright ears that almost look like they are on top of the head!

11. Well... if were gona talk about copying Pipo's idea of a cat wasnt original either, the elfdoll catsy was the first tiny cat I believe. True she has a mature body but still...

12. Isn't it great how all new doll discussions turn to copying discussions? :sigh

13. *Concurs with FunnyLori*

I really can't wrap my heads around these dolls, Ciao Bellas are my favorite BJDs...but these bunnies..

14. Had a definite "WTH??" moment when I saw these on the BC site last night - had another look today to see if they were still as odd looking and strangely, I think they're growing on me. Not enough to shell out the money for one of them, but still...

Roko still does nothing for me, but was looking at the Kumi with the odd alien looking head (looks like she has/ had ears under the bunny helmet...) and actually thought "Looks kinda cute with the little dwarf ears.." They actually remind me of those stuffed toys from when I was younger that would have the plastic faces when the rest was all cloth. Those creeped me out a little as well...

15. I'm not normally fond of Bambicrony sculpts but these are actually very cute. *minority* The bunny-suit aspect is remiscent of those snow-babies figures that were so popular years ago. The Alice-theme works perfectly but I'm a little disappointed they didn't come up with another type of outfit to show off the variety this little guys could have.
      Given the number of people who dress their dolls in animal-hats I'm a little surprised they're not looking to be very popular. There are several companies now making true furry/animal dolls that I think these are unique and cute.

16. ...
      Am I the only one who thinks these little things are terribly adorable?
      I'm not too familiar with bambicrony head molds (although let me tell you, we have an ARMY of them brewing in wisconsin! Already around 10-15!), but still... I'm really close to getting the sweet little Blue of Spades Roko.

If I did, I would most assuredly attempt to find a pink wig to shove under that headcap? hat? And the thigh joints are a little strange too, maybe they could be sanded down?

Otherwise, cute cute cute!
      Does ViYa do custom faceups?

17. They look like the regular Bambicrony heads, which are a teeny bit smaller than YoSD heads -- they wear 6" or 6-7" wigs and they go on 26cm bodies. IMO those heads are WAYYYY too big for a 16cm doll body.

I wish they'd done a complete animal doll, because I think the nonhuman bits of the sculpt are really cute, but the huge human head on top of it just makes it creepy for me.

18. ...Was having a look at the body and noticed that the heads were of the old resin colour that they discontinued....since the heads look to be the same size as the normal ciao's, I wonder if these were what they had left of the loose heads in the old colour?

19. 88 of them :lol: that's a great observation.. I wonder what beauty white would have looked like..

(or at least enough resin to make 88 heads and hands?)

20. Thanks guys, now I have the Umpa Loompa song stuck in my head... :XD: