1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bambicrony Bunny Land Discussion

Nov 12, 2007

1. No, Angela, you are NOT the only one who feels this way! I am honestly SHOCKED that everyone here has had such a bad reaction to them! :? This is a truly unique BJD, so completely adorable, but there seems to be a lot of hate here for them. I couldn't be more surprised!!

If only Roko's ears could be jointed downwards a little further, and then she could be sort of a puppy instead of a bunny. Oh, how I ache for a sweet little puppy BJD!

2. Maybe these little guys will look cuter in person. There are some dolls that I don't like until I see them up close. Like the Baha's for instance, I thought they were ugly and I did not like them at all. Then I saw one at a con earlier this year and I must say they are the most adorable little things!! Pictures do them no justice at all. Im thinking the Bunny Land's might be the same way, maybe you just have to see them in person.

greeniebone: I think a little puppy BJD would be very cute! They have kitties, they should make puppies too!

3. well...i heard pipos is going to realese a floppy eared curo, so it seems i may have found the companion i was looking for ^^

i would like to see some owner pics, though, once somone actually buys these

4. So, human body + animal head = total cuteness (baha/curo/catsy types) and the reverse: animal body + human head (BC bunnyland)= total creepiness?
      That's the vibe I get from most reactions here. Fascinating!

5. actually, for me, I think the equation is more like:

left over doll parts + random out of scale body x ridiculously high price = failed genetic experiment resulting in oddness *nod*

If they were all one colour, they might be better IMO, but even then, I can't help thinking this was a moment of "hmm, all those left over old skin heads...what to do..."

6. I didn't even think of that Lulu! that explains it! left over heads xD

BUT. even though i have no compassion for these little ...things..it is very original, and BC took a leap here, so i commend them on their courage. Besides everything else they have done is beyond amazing!

7. I agree with a lot of people here saying that these new dolls are overpriced, out of proportion and look like a mixmatch.

I don't know I can't shake the feeling that they wanted to do a Rabbit doll then someone made the (artistic) decision that no we don't make animals...so put on a Bambicroony head and make a bunny headcap.

Sorry I can't shake the feeling that this was a rush job, the kind of job, I get in my line of work. Quick, let's make an animal type doll cause they are popular! We don't know how to do them but heck people will buy everything. Let's jump the bandwagon WEEEEEE!...

And those hands look like an afterthough.. Why give them paws for feet but whacked up hands? Makes no sense to me. If the heads were smaller maybe it would be cute but the whole thing looks alien to me. And way overpriced.

Another thing I find overpriced is the Limited outfit they sell as well... I'm sorry call me stingy but paying 100$ for an outfit smaller than my hand that has an overdress made of FELT (okay it's hand stitched and has cute little felt cut outs but dammint it's FELT!) this is way overpriced... what were they ON?

8. They're not my cup of tea either. Looking at the feet, arms, and tail it had possibilities for being a cute chibi bunny until they put human hands and over sized human head.

They look like a cross between a bunny and a snow baby figure.

9. I agree with Aree, Im not a fan, they look like they just got a cap... and no hair.... i dont know. I'm just not digging it.
      But I do give them credit for actually doing something different.
      I was afraid they'd be another pipos.

10. [/QUOTE][Another thing I find overpriced is the Limited outfit they sell as well... I'm sorry call me stingy but paying 100$ for an outfit smaller than my hand that has an overdress made of FELT (okay it's hand stitched and has cute little felt cut outs but dammint it's FELT!) this is way overpriced... what were they ON?[/QUOTE]

Well, it is a lot of money for a doll outfit, but it is made of faux suede NOT FELT. Also, I think if you charge $70 for the CB fairy outfit - then charging $100 for the little bunnyland outfit is about right. There is a lot more detail to it & smaller dresses are more difficult to make.

11. well even with faux suede... I still think it's overpriced. and something I could do in an afternoon. it's not that difficult to hand sew, unless the person can't do it. But I don't know... I think most of the things on Bambicroony are overpriced anyways. Yes you can throw me Cyber-rocks for saying that.

12. Ok, I just saw them now, I am really disappointed - I was expecting a lot more from Bambicrony on them. I kind of second the oompa loompa opinion unfortunately...

13. I agree......the outfits are pricey. I just ordered an elf Roko & I would have ordered the fairy dress too if the price was less. It looks fairly simple to make.....I'm glad I know how to sew!

14. Did anyone ask BambiCrony if they were leftover heads used?

15. I bet they were, they seem to be the same size as the CB heads. Maybe they were messed up and they ploped the white bunny headcaps on them and poof! bunnies. Just a theory...

16. Thoes are a bit spooky as well. I can see where they got the bunnies with human faces idea from. I think they should've made teeny tiny dolls and maybe made full bunny outfits for them, now that would have been adorable!

17. They're really cute, but... they made a 16 cms doll with a head of a 26 cms doll??

I was thinking, "Oh, adorable!" til I saw those tiny little arms and hands ;_;

I still think they are, but... they look so disproportionate ... :(

18. human body + animal head, usually == cuteness
      animal body + human head, may == cuteness (I haven't seen this done yet)

animal legs/body + humans hands/face + white helmet and bunny ears == VERY creepy

My mental image of ANYTHING + white helmet like the Bunnyland girls are wearing is creepy. If they'd have had cute little wigs on with bunny ears sticking out of the hair + that body, I think they'd have been adorable and I'd have bought one.

19. Did anyone notice the Bart Simpson Qee? They have one that is totally white called the DIY (do it yourself). Maybe Bambicrony thought people would like to create their own little one Ooak doll by painting the white bunny parts in their own artistic way. Sort of like the cow statues, guitars & Micky Mouse statues that were popular a couple of years ago. :)