1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bambicrony Fairy & Unicorn Event June 23rd 2008

Jun 23, 2008

1. I wonder how much the colors will vary by batch this time. I sort of have kicked myself on and off about not getting a colored elf whenever they were last available, but in the face of reports of severe yellowing and the vast spectrum of color variation, I can't decide if I want to order one or not. Hmmm.

Does anyone know if the order period for all the dolls will stay open through July 31st? I'd like to have time to mull over things before making a decision.

2. I was just getting ready to ask that question myself........are they going to keep taking orders for all the dolls until July 31st? That's the way it sounds, but then again, I wasn't totally sure. If they are taking orders for them until July, I hope that all of the nice new wigs don't sell out before then! I noticed that one of the colors is already sold out..............the "Chanella" wig in light blue is gone.......and the fairy outfits are already sold out as well!

Roni in PA :)

3. They haven't put the fairy outfits up yet. There are a couple of white fairy outfits from a while ago that are sold out.

4. As far as I can see Roni the outfits havent been released yet ;) (what Treelore said hehe)

Usually with a sale they take orders over the whole period stated. I cant see it changing :D

5. For everyone who is concerned that the other dolls were marked sold out, don't worry--Bambicrony often does this during sales events, so they can keep up with the rush of orders for new products. They're just a small company, after all. :) The other molds will be back soon.

6. I suspect that the wigs and other things that they probably don't make themselves maight run out before the end of the order period- if you notice, they don't actually say the wigs will be available from date x to date y, so they're probably just available until they sell out. The dolls and wings should be available the whole length of the order period. I think last time with the coloured elves they took them down early but enough people complained that they put them back up for order again... unless I'm thinking of something else :sweat

But basically, I wouldn't count on the wigs, outfits (if they release any) shoes, etc to be around the whole time, but the dolls and wings should be since they are cast to order by Bambicrony themselves. :)

7. The only color that really varied was the light slate gray....there was definitely a blue-ish resin batch and a purple-ish resin batch on those. The rest of the colors were fairly uniform, until some of them started fading/yellowing. That part seemed completely random.

Here's an example...Aileen's "purple" lsg's next to my "blue" one (forgive my godawful faceup on her). The two MB girls are pretty much the same shade.

[​IMG]

Normally they accept orders all the way through the period they've announced on the dolls. I wouldn't expect that would be the same for the wigs and other accessories.

8. I use the same brand of resin as BC for my hand casts (Axon - French Resin) I only cast two coloured dolls one blue and the other light indigo/purple and I've had the same issues with uneven discolouration....? So I'm guessing its the pigment combinations. But my skin tones and tanned are even toned...

As for BC's disclaimer, all dolls fade ad yellow over time. You KNOW its going to happen but it wont stop us from snaffling them up....

Also is it just me or are the colours a LOT more vibrant than before??

9. I still think Cyan is the renewed version of Mistyblue, Light Pink being Mistyrose, and Purple being Lightslategrey.

The Skyblue looks a lot more blue to me this time! Maybe Bambicrony actually figured out a way to make really blue dolls (instead of the minty-green we got last year)

10. Some of the concern last time wasn't only because the dolls were fading/yellowing, but because it happened so quickly. If I'm not mistaken, some of the colored elves were noticeably different within just a few weeks, even if they hadn't been in sunlight. That's what's giving me hesitation about grabbing one of these littles ones up immediately. I'm fine with them fading over time, but when I'd be buying it for the special color, less than a few months is upsetting. Still, some of the folks who bought dolls which changed, actually liked the new color better!

Hrrrrm....I'm gonna have to ponder this. I really love the blue one...

ETA: Grrr, now that I think about it, the blue one would be perfect for a character of mine, and it wouldn't matter so much if she faded. Waaaah, my credit card is crying! :lol:

11. I too am concerned about yellowing...that's why I'm looking more at the normal or puff white Kiera...

God...it's killing meeeeeeeeeeeeeee

12. I really want one of the purple Keira's... but I'm not too concerned about yellowing. Yellow and Purple blend to make a neutral color, so she'd probably turn more gray or brownish if she yellows.... and that would work out just fine for her character. ;) But I don't know if I'll be able to order one before the end of the order period. :sweat

From what I remember hearing though, the last batch did yellow fairly quickly... but maybe they've reformulated the resin so it's less likely to yellow so soon?

13. They're cute. I'm tempted by the light cyan but the sky blue is also a nice color. The colors seem very vibrant.

I admit the yellowing is a concern for me. Previous colored elves yellowed fairly quickly from what I've heard. I guess one can hope that they yellow evenly.

14. I got a reply from yoon and I'm afraid i have some bad news for those like me who were into the outfits and the green wig....they are not going to be produced and released for orders. Yoon is not ready for mass outfit producing and the wig was made by a friend of hers just for the show....T______T

From all the new items I wanted that wig like crazy....at least the out of stock wigs will be restocked....:((((

15. That's a shame. The outfits and the green wig were really cute.

16. You might try talking to Tinybear about the wig. She may be able to reproduce it.
      She does bicolored wigs.

17. I'm really disappointed about the outfits as well. Since the release said that there would be outfits, I presumed that the outfits pictured were the ones being released. Oh well. I guess I don't have to place an order after all.

18. I thought of asking Tibybear too, hope she can make that hairstyle long and slightly wavy! I'll contact her as soon as I can.

19. I'm sure it is a piece of original art by a professional artist, but the quality to me personally does certainly not look worthy of such a hefty price tag. It looks about as good as something you get from the seaside. Sorry. It's nice and all that..but...well, just "nice".

However, I do think the colours of the fairies are very cute and the green is gorgeous. If I collected tinies (which I am considering lol!) I would definately consider a coloured fairy.