1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bambicrony Fairy & Unicorn Event June 23rd 2008

Jun 23, 2008

1. The wigs just all appeared for sale again :)

2. Treelore: Thanks for the heads up on the wigs! I am so tempted but...

I don't know how to take care of them. The two that Il own are now flat and have lost their curls. Can the wig be recurled? How does one take care of a mohair wig? Thanks for any help! :daisy

3. Is the wig that you have real mohair or synthetic?

4. My Mistyblue girl did change color slightly but it did not happen quickly, and IMHO she looks great. I love her and I would get
      another in a heartbeat. I love this new girl, but for some reason the colors are not screaming buy me now. Weird. I love the WS girl though...
      I wish someone would do a GO for wigs and things, hint hint.

5. When my mohair wigs go flat, I give them a bath. If it is REAL mohair, I use hair products. If it is synthetic, I use Woolite. Then I use a hair pick to comb them, a little hair gel, and they look pretty again.

6. The reason why I asked if it was real is that if it is you can use a curling iron on it as well. Because of my work I have teenie weenie ones.

7. Stella Maris, CathyM,
      Good morning from the West Coast! Thank you both for replying! Curling iron--I never thought of that! I'll need to keep an eye out for a tiny one. Now I know when to use Woolite vs. shampoo! Thanks!
      My two wigs are suppose to be mohair, but they're on a fabric backing, no longer on skin/hide. I've tried to twirl the hair with my fingers to get back some of the curls, but that's not very effective. To fluff them, I give them a hard shaking. I really like the curls of BC's wigs, but I'm afraid they'll just straighten out and become a fluffy cotton balls. LOL!

P.S. I second a GO for wigs--I'll still give 'em a try!

8. Have you tried getting it wet? If they are more like tinybear wigs than actually curled wigs then that should help bring the curl back. I'm not sure it that's the type of wig you mean, but I figured I'd toss it out there. ^_^

9. Because I had to sell my Pink Kumi Elf due to the yellowing issue (I wanted to be able to play w/ her and take pics of her), I ordered a Snow White Kiera Elf w/ pink wings. So yeay, I get my little girl back!

10. I've only used damp hands to try and smoothe the severe case of frizzies my mohair wigs are afflicted with. My poor elves look like they've slept in their hair and NEVER comb their hair.

Question about BC's FAQ section--are all questions submitted password protected? Sometimes the question titles sound interesting but it seems only the originator can read the reply from BC.

I'm so tempted on getting another Kiera, but whiteskin. Where is that doggone money tree when you need one? :lol:

11. About the unicorn:
      Yes it is a little overprized but still, at least it´s a sculpture, don´t you guys remember that little black plush cat that came with jun tachibana? I still remember the prizes it reached on yj..and it was just a plush doll I bet many people on this forum could do... at least this has more artistic work put into it imho

colouring:
      well in my case it was not the colour fading... it was the fact that they sent me a body covered in scars, pores and awful marks.. I remember having a very hard bunch of months (like 6) till this got solved. I ended up getting a perfect body that has not faded at all... the only thing is that the magnets can be clearly seen through the resin.... but wings cover that so.. ok

I do remember seeing very serious fading on other people´s dolls. If it is an even fading then ok, in most cases it´ll even look nicer, but I remember seeing a couple of dolls that looked like they´d been sunbathing with a t shirt on. (could´nt think of a more graphic way to explain it in words). The arms actually had a clear division line and two colours...

The new colours do look more vibrant, maybe it´s just the pics but they do. A s for me, BC has nice dolls and very kind and nice people, but I think it will still be a long time before I think about ordering again

any way, wanna see owner pics asap!^^

12. Quick question! Does anyone know if the new body has the same measurements as the old one, especially in the shoulder/torso area? I really want to start sewing for Amaryllis, but I don't want everything to be the wrong size. :doh

13. Does anyone remember how long it took the status to go from "before shipping" to "shipped"? I just checked the status of my order, and it says "before shipping". I ordered a white Kiera w/ face-up.

14. Mine was 'before shipping' for about 10 days

15. Huh...I set up a database for Kiera a few days ago and the virtues still haven't approved it. I wonder why?

EDIT: It just got put up! Please post your lovely kieras in the database! ^_^

16. Does anyone know how the Flora White Skin (new) and Flora White Skin (old) differs? I've never seen a WS BC next to a NS one. I tried searching, but apparantly, I have no luck T-T

17. -double post-