1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BambiCrony-What Extras came with your doll?

Feb 4, 2007

1. I got two wigs...I feel un-special compared to some of you. ;)
      I got Melodiya during that whole Rainy Season/mould breakage/We're-a-new-company-and-can't-answer-Q&A-stuff fiasco last summer. My order took like a month, so they sent me the two wigs to make up for it.
      Although, now that I think about it, even though it was an event thing, I guess a Charity head counts as an extra too. :)
      Edit: Oh yeah, I also got the kangbo, because I ordered before they discontinued it. Mine was pink with a blue ribbon.

2. Rose and I ordered an Elf Kumi for my mommy. We didn't get anything extra. ;_; I'm sort of sad we didn't get shoes or anything. It would have been nice to have some for her since it's my mom first dollie.

-Abs

3. I didn't get anything extra, well not any suprise extras. I got my helmet and goggles set, and the extra hands, but I knew they were coming. I'm perfectly happy with what I got because honestly I don't expect a company to throw in lots of free gifts on an already fairly cheap doll.

I did love the box they come in with the cut out foam insert to keep them safe and sound, and getting the little eyes case and spare elastic was awesome!

4. Spare elastic is great, but two head s-hooks? O_o Random. I really, really want to change her hands to the spare ones, and possibly the fist hands when I get them, is there a good and easy way to do this? I really don't want to mess with her elastic as her tension is perfect.

5. I have a yo stringing set on on order from volks I'll see if it works. On the upside the spare head s-hook came in handy with my Liebchen as the hook that came with her couldn't even be called an s-hook

6. Good to know you were able to put one of them to good use! :D

Does the stringing set come with s-hooks, or is it just the tool? I really need to get some tiny s-hooks from somewhere but don't have a clue! lol!

7. The yo sd restringing set doesn't come with the tool just the elastic and s-hooks. It's $5 at volks i tossed it in with my other order to save on shipping and as spare parts

8. Ahh, good to know! Time to go see if the international site has them!

Edit: Great, they do! Here's hoping they're still in stock in two weeks when I get paid, because an extra $30+ shipping for that time item is a bit much ^^;

9. it might be worth it to check out the local home depot/lowes. i haven't done so myself, but it seems to me that they would carry S-hooks. they've got to have some usage besides holding heads hands and feetses on dollies! i might take one of my spare head hooks and go down the street to the one near me sometime soon.

10. I got the Yo-SD s-hook set, and they were too big to go through the holes in the BC arms. :/

11. Oh, what a shame! :( Well, I guess I'll do a search for tiny s-hooks around here, then, but I'm not holding out much hope!

12. the hole in the Ciao Bella's lower arm is very small. I'd even think finding tiny s-hooks at Rona/Home depot etc to not really work, but maybe if the hook that goes into the arm is flattened.

13. I use the hooks from my Serendipity doll's feet. ~___~;

14. I got the s-hooks from volks I actually ended up using them on my Liebchen. To hook them on the hands you would have to deform the hook. I think I may end up making an s-hook

15. Dang, and i ordered them too! ><:evil: :x If i haven't gotten anything from Bambicrony at the end of this week, i'm complaning, this is stupid, why can't they just make sure the doll is good when they send her out? They need to work on getting things right rather than releasing new dolls.:|

If i mispelled something, sorry, i'm at school and can't download the thingy, lol.

16. you are still waiting on hands, right? that's ridiculous..

The only thing I'd complain about this company is how their 'kindness' only hurts and angers other people. Not to be rude to this certain member, it's not her fault; she told BambiCrony that she wanted her doll before Christmas, they bumped her ahead and she got it a week before others who ordered before her. - we all wanted our dolls for Christmas.

The company stuffs shoes, wigs, free putty in with packages, doesn't matter about the particular wait or anything; Of course this is great for whoever got the most stuff, but not for others who waited a very long time and got nothing and hear about this.

Also, they've been working on Bella Bambi so long, have the links on the doll and items with nothing in them and keep creating new Ciao Bellas ( not upset about that really, just where is the BB?)

Other than that, everything else is perfect. - though they should start selling shoes.

17. I think I'm the member you're talking about...my tan elf Kumi arrived within 15 days of order after I asked to have her by Christmas. I was elated of course, but also felt really bad that others who ordered at the same time (or before) didn't get theirs in time. What's up with that?

And not to rub salt in the wound, but after just coming upon this thread I also have to admit that they loaded me with extras: hands, 2 wigs and a cute hanbok so I'm feeling even more guilty now. I had assumed they included the same extras for everyone.

I wonder how many people work at Bambicrony...maybe they each have a different idea of what should be included with a doll, so it's the luck of the draw for the customers. Call me crazy but I don't think we should have to cross our fingers and hope the "generous" one packs our doll.

18. I dunno, I always hope I get the generous lady at the sandwich shop <.<

19. I'm a bit worried that people are now starting to expect that they will get extras with their BC and being disappointed that they didn't.. or worse yet, acting like a spoilt princess and complaining that they didn't get any extras. Just remember folks, that you're buying a doll and that is what you are paying for, if you start expecting the extras because your doll was a week late that will drive BC out of business. The dolls aren't that expensive to start with so I can't imagine their profit margin is that great on them, if they start throwing in wigs and shoes and extra bits then where is their profit at all?

The only extras I've had from other doll companies were small packets of edibles and I did get some eye putty once. I don't expect that when I order a doll I will get free extras that I didn't order nor paid for, and hopefully others will not be expecting it all too.

20. Umm, personally, I feel that as these are all 'extras' as you've all admitted, and the company doesn't have to include them at all... excuse me for saying this but I think it's rude to complain when you don't get any and others do (not aimed at anyone in particular, just a general sentiment).

A lot of other companies include occasional extras as well, entirely at random, but I don't think any customers should be expecting to get anything other than original items included in their order.

Already getting extra elastic, or S hooks (even if they're kind of useless) is nicer than nothing, muchless shoes and wigs and the hanbok. I'd be pleasantly surprised, not unhappy I didn't get anything. I got a card with my Luts order, and nothing with my Lati or DOD orders. Dollmore was pretty good to me though, I got a free shirt and eyes.

Hope you all take this in good spirit. We don't want the doll companies to get wind of this sort of sentiment, and stop sending gifts altogether, because they can't standardize it or it wouldn't be a surprise extra~ ^_^

ETA: Pirate Wench said the same except less wordy, lol I type slow.