1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BambiCrony-What Extras came with your doll?

Feb 4, 2007

1. I've gotten ONE free gift with an order before, and that was because it was delayed something ridiculous like 4 months. Seeing the extra hands and elastic (and yes, useless s-hooks) really took me by surprise as I didn't realise I would be getting them (I only ordered a body). So they were extras to me. I'm certainly not asking for more, just the s-hooks thing annoys me (mainly because I never thought the s-hooks that were included were meant for hands anyway, I believe they are just spares like the elastic, and having hands strung on does my head in), so yeah, I'm certainly happy.

Also, I'm so glad she was packed like the Rainydolls, all in foam ♥

2. I don't want any extras, i don't care about free gifts or anything, i just want hands that have no air bubbles, and s hooks that i can actually use for my kumi. I've looked at her hands more closely and her regular hands have small bubbles in them too! really, just give me hands that aren't defective, I've never had an doll that had air bubbles in their hand. ><

3. I personally am not complaining so much on not having gotten extras I have complained that I did not really receive what I was supposed as described on the website at the time I ordered.

1. it said that a roko doll not an elf roko doll would come with a kangbo
      2. it said that I would receive spare hands with s-hooks. I did recieve s-hooks but they were head s-hooks I did get hands.

Pirate Wench: would you quit calling people spoiled children for wanting to get what should have come to them or being slightly upset on a company changing what comes with and doesn't come with a doll order after they ordered already.

Ok so it's ok for a doll company to not give what they said would come with something? If they don't have the item anymore is it wrong for a person for wishing the company to offer something comparable in reaparation.

I personally am happy with my doll I love BC dolls I just hate some of their practices.

PrincessAI436 is entitled to want BC to change defective parts. They are not artist dolls hand cast in garages or basements it's a large company and they don't disclaim that due to hand casting the dolls may have bubbles.

Just for the record I ended up paying $8 plus shipping for a kangbo just cause I really wanted one. I wanted to have a safe blanket to carry my doll in if I go to a meet. This is an additional cost I shouldn't have had to buy had bambicrony sent what was stated to come with my doll not say "Oh sorry we changed the packaging and just forgot to update our website"

I would have bought a volks yo-sd sized bunny blanket instead but unfortunately volks is sold out on that

Amanohara does say the sentiment best eith her last post

4. They said they would mail out the extra hands and s hooks on January 29th by airmail. When do you think i should email them asking on that status? I'm thinking they should be here by now, right? i don't like to bug a company.

AreeElf: I totally expect to get my hands someday..... I don't think they are inexpensive, since a luts msd doll is 290 without faceup, and kumi is i think 280 something, so it's not cheap for me. ^^ I would take pics of the bubbles, but my camera can't pick them up. >< I've never seen air bubbles in hands before, so it kind of took me by suprise to see both sets of hands had some, and wondered why they hadn't seen them, and why my order got shipped sooo quickly, i ordered saturday, and she was here by wednesday, and still had faults, you would think they would look over each doll good. ><

5. No BC dolls are not inexpensive. They are on the higher end of the price scale for the size. You can get a bobobie doll for $79, dollzone doll for $160 with clothes. A yo-sd which is truly limited is $350 if it's in stock. Kumi is $286 without a faceup.

But it's the doll lover's perogative on whether it's worth it for them to buy the doll for the price. Just stating price comparisons not saying BC should lower or raise their prices

6. BC dolls are not really expensive. You cant compare them to dolls like bobobie who are smaller. In their range there is Dollzone(160),DimSweet(250), Cutie Delf(275), BambiCrony(286),Lati(328),PetiteAi(350), YoSD(350),Leeke(365), Freya(375). Tinies in general are expensive. If you dont like what their price, stick with the bigger dolls.
      And hands seem to be a common place for bubbles. Our Yosd, Petite, and BC all have at least one bubble in a finger. You should be happy they replaced them for you.

7. I didn't say anyone was doing this, I stated I was worried that it might turn into it because so many people seemed to be posting how they got extras and some had mentioned they were disappointed they didn't.

In the scheme of things a BC is inexpensive, for BC to throw in a pair of free shoes, and a couple of wigs, that is up around $80-90 retail, it's alot whhen their profit margin on the actual doll can't be terribly high. Remember that these little dolls with their cheaper price tags still cost just as much to promote and stock as the bigger more expensive SD sized dolls.

I think it's wonderful if people got extras, and this thread is about the extras, so perhaps if there was discussion on something that was supposed to be standard it was a bit misleading? I just don't want to see an angry hoarde of dolly owners descending on bambicrony and asking why they didn't get a wig, or a kangbo or shoes etc

8. Pirate Wench: There is a general discussion thread that people have been posting to. For the most part that thread is focused in general bambicrony matters.

What does come standard with a bambicrony dollhas just changed. Before November they came with a kangbo but they didn't update their website until after people ordered. Now they have since changed their website and I think this is the standard doll package:

head, assembled body , extra pair of hands, a pair of HG glass eyes 14mm (random color),Default Doll Box, tension and the S hook.

The dolls in the special section may vary. The elves are listed currently in the regular section until March 14 but after that they "won't" be part of the basic dolls. So techinically they're non special limiteds.

The elves are supposed to come with:
      Elf doll, extra pair of hands(It's not fist), HG glass eyes 14mm (random color),1 pair of magnetic wings(CBFW-01), Default Doll Box

So just by reading that I guess elves don't come with tension and s hook?

9. um, I think the point was missed. I came into a thread that is about the extras that people got, as in extras. Discussion of things that are standard in a thread about extras could be easily misread. I admit I thought princessAI436 was throwing a fit about not getting extra freebies.. since this is what the trhead was about. I did go back and reread her posts carefully annd still get a slight sense of enntitlement to some kind of extra as compensation for her troubles though.

And this is what bothers me, heck bammbicrony were giving away free wigs for shipping out ONE week late? wow DoD could have learnnt a thing or two about customer service from them. I see a company that has displayed quite a high level of customer service and care, they've been polite and they even give free gifts for realy teensy delays! they've put up with demanding comments about their recent fullset elves release. And overall I feel like BC has been one of more consciencous companies in the way they handle things.

But this thread just appears to be feeding into the sense of entitlement, how long will it be before someone is complaining that they had to wait a whole 4 days for bc to ship their doll and it arrived with no free gifts? My doll took 3 days to be shipped to me, that was with a faceup and I honestly wasn't expecting it to be shipped in less than 3 or 4 weeks, since that seems to be the usual wait .

10. What exactly is shipping one week late. I actually got mine shipped 3 weeks after I ordered, lol. No extras and missing something it was "supposed" to come with at the time as described on their website. I actually thought that was timely

I think the thread now is complaining about inconsistent good customer service as in people get freebies randomly yet some people who have legitimate complaints about not receiving something that comes with a doll don't get compensated or are given a basically sorry we decided it doesn't come with that anymore.

No I haven't complained about their shipping which I think is either timely or truly speedy. I do rave about the dolls because they deserve it but I do warn buyers about the fine print. I personally can't complain about Gloriana's quality. Her faceup was really nice. It was odd though that she didn't have a facemask to protect her faceup. Some people's incoming doll photos had that.

Bambicrony has often inconsistent fine print. This way if something isn't clear better to post and ask about it at bambicrony before ordering.

The thing is there were some discussions brought up in this thread so it made sense to continue it in this thread. So from time to time this thread gets bumped up due to that discussion.

I mean it would be silly to post a question in this thread then switch and answer it in the general discussion so the person the comment was meant for will miss it entirely.

I admire your defense of bambicrony but do allow people their devil's advocate views from time to time. It's not right either for some things to not be mentioned and swept under the rug just because a company makes great dolls. People are not trying to bankrupt this company but maybe people just want them to be a bit consistent in their "friendliness"

So far it hasn't soured me from their dolls I do still order from the place I do triple read all descriptions now before placing an order.

11. Precisely AreeElf! I didn't expect any free extras, because it said it didn't come with any. I was hoping for a kangpo, but didn't expect it :( but I was dissapointed when the S hooks that came with the hands are not for the hands.

If they were more consistent with their stuffing of gifts I'd find some logic in the freebies.

I could care less about getting anything, it would turn out something I couldn't use anyways. Though of course lol I'd wish for a kangpo I have to go and buy one now. :p

12. I think what Pirate Wench (and myself, of course) meant was that as these are extras, it seems unreasonable to expect the extras. It's supposed to be more of a 'wow how lucky!' when you receive them, and not a consistent thing. So there kind of isn't a logic, though those who got theirs late should be more likely to receive freebies.

I can understand being upset about the change of items included without notice though, like the hanbok.

13. I'm sorry if i did sound like i expected anything, i don't. i do expect hands without freakin air bubbles, since both of them have them, i expect my doll to be defect free, that's all. Really, i just want the hands and s hooks, that's all.

14. I've been reading this thread for awhile you can break it down to a few categories:

1. People who got freebies and complained that they had less freebies than the next

2. People who got freebies and thought it was neat

3. People who didn't get the proper items and just want the proper items not freebies

Honesly most freebies are not even useable if you really are picky with your doll. Most people like choosing their own wigs, shoes, etc.

Since I ended up paying extra for my wing parts in December event I paid $12 instead of $10 that they announced. That's two extra dollars to bambicrony. The kangbo cost me $ 8.20 plus $14 in shipping. Ok I at least shared shipping for my kangbo with the extra new wing parts that came out.

So if you really think of it bambicrony jipped me out of $10.20 but that's just fine if that's the only way I can get the parts I need let them have my $10.20 freebie/tip to THEM so they can stay in business and give other people freebies on my account :lol:

Oh I didn't count shipping cost on my additional parts order since afterall that doesn't go to bambicrony

15. This is the response i got from them:

Dear Moonfaery,

I'm so sorry but I'm gonna send you the things that I promised you by EMS next week.
      Have a wonderful weekend :-)

Thank you.

So, they didn't even send the darn hands out yet. i might want to get cookie, but this is making me want to get another doll. :( I just want the hands, goodness.

16. My blue elf kumi came with two piercings in her ear... and little silver loops in them... which I didn't ask for, so they fall under the category of "freebie"

17. I think some of the freebies are just things they have around and decided not to sell. I have gotten some wigs, but few have worked well on the Bambicrony heads. So I think they may have just been using them for packing, at least before the custom fitting foam boxes. Freebies are fun, but the doll is most imortant. The Kang-bo wraps are now available on the tools page and I order some for my dolls to rest in. I don't want to take them in and out of the foam all the time.

Nancy

18. I got a tiny envelope with a Happy Birthday note and a bar of bamboo vinegar soap.

19. I got no freebies, but I honestly expected nothing. I was very, very happy to get what I ordered (including extra hands, wings and a wig). I am also so very happy with the doll itself.
      Freebies are nice and I dont complain when they come (I have more than enough dolls or friends with dolls that I can find a use for almost anything) but I dont expect them. Mostly from some other places, I've gotten candies or bath soaps and usually a cute little note. Nothing spectacular but they've always made me smile when I see them.

20. Still nothing. I asked them for an ems number that works, very nicely, and they basically said to calm down and wait, guess i'll have to wait a long time. they sent them out ems early last week, they should be here by now, i've had dolls form korea come in 3 days, my guess: they didn't ship them ems like promised, probably airmail, sigh.