1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Batchix Gorgeous Guys 51cm discussion

Mar 23, 2014

1. I'm always happy to help! You got your Dark Elf and Batchix got some money. ;) I really wanted one of the Wood Elves myself, but went with the grey to shell a character. But, man, I did want that dark brown!!! I don't know about Dark Elf 2.0 but I found my boy difficult to pose so his arms are wired and most of his joints are sueded (with suede, not hot glue). Good luck on getting that purple boy, too!

Inyol's Monica Gold wig fits really well! It was originally braided, but the band broke and I liked it better down, anyway. All the other wigs I've tried on him just didn't work. I even splashed out for an Amadiz wig for him and wasn't at all happy with the result.

Clothes can be painful, but I've found that some of the Iplehouse FID clothes work. Actually, I have an FID woman shirt from SartoriaJ that fits! The new FID woman is much smaller, so that trick won't work in the future. You can also find clothes that fit him on etsy (@raewhitewolf sews for the 52cm Batchix body). Shoes can also be a little painful, so anything you find, please feel free to share. ;)

I'm looking forward to photos of your boys!

2. Violet Dark Elf is delayed again, but I have to say I respect Sarah and Haru for wanting to get him right regardless of issues and bad weather for casting.
      I kicked myself for not getting him at the first offering, but now with a few joint tweaks and those wicked hands, he will be the same but different.
      My FIDs and peach Dark Elf are going to party hardy when violet man arrives someday.

;)

3. @petiteballerine my dark elf in tan has the wicked hands and I have to say I really do like them. (As much as I love the Iple fashion vampire Claude, I always felt that the claw hands looked as if they were grasping for boobs.) The Dark elf ones are more relaxed and graceful.

For as long as I can remember humid weather has always been a problem for cashing resin, and hopefully Korea will have a few days of cooler/ dryer weather.

added: I wanted to know more about the eyes you use in these guys. They are 8 mm, but are they glass? I look at the domes on the eyes and they look to be very high, and could be a problem. Are there any ones that you like best? Thank you.

#183 oriscany, May 17, 2018
      Last edited: May 17, 2018
    4. Inyol's eyes are custom, low-dome urethane. Since he was secondhand and I haven't received my second boy yet, I'm not sure what the default is! But I think low dome is the way to go.

5. Aelfred's eyes are low dome glass 8mm. they fit very well.

@oriscany - the weather changed because mr. violet took his sweet time revealing his proper color which is the real reason for the long delay.
      if the resin had been more cooperative, dryer, cooler weather was prevailing.
      but, that's why I'm glad they did take their time to get the color that makes Bats happy.
      one of these days, I'll be surprised with a notice.
      'grasping for boobs.' hahahaha! I thought more along the lines of ready to rip someone's throat out. :XD:

6. Thank you @petiteballerine. I bought some low dome Enchanted eyes and they arrived yesterday. They fit beautifully. They're so tiny that the color is not easy to see, but I do love them.

I think that everyone should have a very welcomed email. I have to admit that I, for one, am thrilled. And, I can't wait to see all the happy/ excited news....and most of all to see the photos. Congrats everyone.

7. violet Dark Elf is shipping! :apresent:

for some odd reason paypal didn't include my shipping address when I paid Bats. She had my address from my last purchase, but odd that PP left it off.
      anyone else have that happen?

can't wait to see this guy. I couldn't choose clothes or wig or even think of a faceup until I see him for real. his coloring looks purple in the Haru pics.
      if those are the right ones.

excited!

:sumomo:

8. I looked at PayPal and it had my address on the order, at least on my end of it. But the tracking number isn't working yet, just that it's been printed. I can't wait to see this Elf, too.

9. those eyes are a good fit, @aernath. my peach guy has some gapping with his round 8mm. I might go for the Candy Art sale ones.

Dark Elf in a lovely purple grey arrived. His translucence is so beautiful. No name yet. The clawed hands are great - pointy nails. better sitting and standing, too.
      He and Aelfred will be teamed up with my Creature Doll girl. They'll have bows and arrows and she will use her short sword. (pics when purple/grey guy gets some eyes, a faceup and clothes)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. You all make me jealous :lol:

My guy was in the first batch but went straight to the artist so I'm over here, elf-less

11. @aernath, Jaxon is gorgeous and I do like his eyes. I bought the last pair of 8mm MehiArt eyes in a yellow/ orange.

@petiteballerine isn't that a glorious color?? I love it. I can't decide exactly what I want to do with him faceup wise. I'm also still trying to make up my mind on the Wood Elf's faceup. I love them both! (Faceup artists hate it when you tell them you're not sure what you want.....lol. So, I've got to decide. Plus. I still have to learn about flickr, and many of the new tech devices that everything comes with. I like the old stuff, but I could go for a "get it done" device. lol)

12. @oriscany - It's mysterious. there isn't a color word for it. grey/purple sort of. and light shines on him & through his ears and fingers so beautifully. I couldn't think of hair color or faceup until I saw him IRL. now I need to hold things next to him.
      he looked very purple in the Haru pics they showed recently. so relieved. I'm also happy he has shoes and clothes. :kitty1

13. Hey friends, sorry for being out for so long! I'm glad you're finding eyes that fit him! Like @Roterwolkenvogel , my grey guy is still out for aesthetic work, but the progress on his face has been nice to watch develop.

@petiteballerine Thank you so much for the posing photos! Can he also hold his arms out away from his sides? He really looks like he can sit up very straight! How is the standing?

I don't have much useful to add, but I have a few new images of Inyol. Not sure how many I can upload. Was it one per post? Ah, well, have some obnoxious photo editing:

[​IMG]

14. Hello, I'm wondering if anyone has a pic of one of these guys with a fashion size Dollshe girl?
      :kitty2
      I have really loved the dark elf for a while, but resisted even considering to buy him because I had no character for him to be. So of course I found one and am really hoping to get one eventually. I'm bummed to see they might be discontinued??

Thanks!

15. @xylene - he can hold his arms out and touch his face with his hands, sit up straight, stand nicely. Bats did really good work on him.

@shadow_takatori - I have a fashion Dollshe girl. she's very short next to him. IH FID women look good with him. I'll take a photo for you if you don't mind nudes.
      She's just being painted and he's blank still. (bad Dollie Mama)

[​IMG]

#196 petiteballerine, Jul 9, 2018
      Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    16. @petiteballerine That would be so amazing! :D

Edit: thank you! I knew he was 10 cm taller, but it's great to actually see it.

#197 shadow_takatori, Jul 9, 2018
      Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    17. I placed one of her last high elves on layaway (same sculpt as the dark elf) and she said she would be making more of them, just not in the 51cm size. I don't know if she will make him larger or smaller though.

I'm almost done paying him off and I can't wait to get him!

18. @Guen Winters That would be good for me if they are a bit smaller!!:kitty2

I hope your dark elf will ship out quickly. Do you have plans for him?

19. Bats commented a few months ago that she's working on a new Clever Little with better knees and shoe feet. Also that she wants to create a 65cm version called Clever. !

I'm curious as to what size the Dark Elves will be in next. I'm guessing larger. but that's just a guess.

#200 petiteballerine, Jul 22, 2018
      Last edited: Jul 24, 2018