1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Batchix Gorgeous Guys 51cm discussion

Mar 23, 2014

1. I didn't intend to buy a doll when I was at DN. But some little voice in my head was insisting that I'd find something there that would be irresistible and he def was that.

2. Congrats. You were very lucky. Which color resin did you get?

3. He's from the very first batch in 2014 and a lovely shade of grey-purple. He seems accepting of the eyes I've put in him and he's stolen the brocade jacket I bought at DN that was supposed to be for Kai-Wen (Raccoon Doll Elf Kai). I'm looking for a wig for him (he came with a short white one but I like long hair on my boys) but I have the very strong suspicion that the wig in my head doesn't exist and I'll need to commission it.

I was able to put him next to my other 50's last night to see who would do well with him scale-wise and it seems like I'll have several choices. His partner will need to wait a bit though until I figure out who he is. Unless their story jumps me and I suddenly know everything....

4. Congrats again! I love that resin color and was lucky enough to have the gray/ purple from the last batch.

5. I have a serious weakness for grey resin. He makes grey doll #12. I'm also more inclined to coloured resin, too. The Clever Littles I have are purple and seafoam green, both with glitter in their resin. I've got red, translucent blue, turquoise (he used to be RS old blue but mellowed to a gorgeously even turquoise), apple green, black and several shades of tan.

Oh who am I kidding? I have a serious weakness for resin. Full stop.

6. @Iron_Dog Grats!!!! Bit jealous lol I wish I had been able to go to doll north ^^ maybe I'll see you next year!

I hope he speaks to you soon! Would love see any progress on him :)

7. @Iron_Dog congrats from me too! he's fabulous isn't he?

8. Thanks guys!

@Guen Winters There was a lot of resin for sale this year. Or at least it seemed that way to me. I wish I'd been able to go to some of the panels and workshops but my event is ALWAYS in conflict with the ones I want to go to *sigh*.

I love the colour of his resin. He's such a lean guy, too. Yet another weird size that'll require his own pattern to be made. I also appreciate the little locking nubs he has on his butt to keep him sitting. His knees tend to want to collapse a lot but the joints are so tight I don't think I could get hot glue/kips into them. It's actually weird that his knees do that seeing as how they are so tight. Or at least the bottom part of the joint is. I actually thought his knees were single joints until I undressed him.

His name is likely going to be Ravir and he was right to be afraid and silent as he's got a semi-tragic background. I need to figure out the when that he comes into the Divine Worship world as the overall story line currently spans about a thousand years. Not sure who his partner will be either but I haven't even had him a week yet so....

9. @Iron_Dog yea he is a bit of an odd size... Batchix has a pants pattern on her Flickr for him... which I keep meaning to print out and never do lol

I have purchased some SD clothing from Alice's collection and they are alittle loose, but fit perfectly for the character.

[​IMG]20190531_152819

The pants are minifee tho and super tight and super short hahaha I need to make him some...

Take your time with him ^^ mine shelled a character that already existed so... but he sounds really cool so far! What's the divine worship world? If I may ask.

10. @Guen Winters Super cool horns on your guy and I love the long nailed hands. Where did you get those hands if you don't mind me asking? I make virtually all the clothes for my guys so its not a big deal to adjust patterns. But, so many of my boys are these weird sizes that I end up with a ton of patterns that are just slightly different from each other. It's a bit annoying that many of them are off in size from each other a tiny bit so that certain elements can't be shared (usually pants).

Divine Worship is one of the worlds I created that almost exclusively features gods and their lovers. There are only 3 couples that are exceptions to that where neither partner is a god. It takes place in the very distant past when gods walked the earth and species intermingled/lived with one another openly. There's a variety of Elves, Fairies, Demons, Jinn, Dryads, etc. Currently I have the following shelled in resin and most of them have stories of varying lengths published.

Fei-Lau (God of Winter Storms), Sleet (former Meadow Fairy, Herald to Fei-Lau) & Khale (Frost Elf/Ice Demon)
      Ondraeden (Elder God of Fear & Nightmares) & Valerian (former human, now something human/demon/Fear Shade)
      Skerren (Fearling) & Iwa-Xine (Dryad)
      Rhas-Khan (God of the Abyss) & Eilam (Mage-born Fatebender). They have a son, Malachite, who is technically a demi-god.
      Rai-Sui (God of Death & Decay, Guardian of Souls) & Wisp (Shadow Soul)
      Mkhai (God of Warfare & Weaponry, Supreme Commander of the Immortal Army) & Kathiel (Mage-born Necromancer)
      Saraf (God of Primal Flame, Lord of Metallic Dragons) & Edenlei (Fire Elf & Geomancer of Saraf)
      Prasiolite & Rhodolite (dragonlings, twins from the same egg) These guys are Clever Littles
      Wu-Tyr (Elder God of Primordial Waters) & Yalaren (Limnad/Sand Elf)
      Naicree (Oceanid, Herald to Wu-Tyr) & Vaynabei (Mer)
      Hylocereus (Elder God of Mysteries, Oracle of the Gods) & Deagan (Jinn)
      Kai-Wen (God of Healing) & Belial (Incubus)
      Arjan (God of Luck) & Oleander (Moon Elf)
      Liroshan (God of Dusk & Dawn) & Sancire (Pepsinea)
      Ammiel (God of Perception) & Dashiell (Kitsune/Coyote, Guardian to Ammiel)

Funny enough, it was Batchix's Orpheus sculpt that started this whole world. She was a special guest one year at Doll North and brought with her the prototype for Orpheus in a dark grey glitter resin. I fell in love with him and stalked her blog for when he was going to be released as he was going to be Rhas-Khan. Unfortunately for me, when he was ready for sale, grey was not a colour option. Despite Batchix being awesome in offering me to have him cast as a one-off in dark grey, I couldn't afford him as such because the Canadian dollar sucks so hard at exchange. Rhas-Khan is now shelled as a Soom ID51 Gluino in grey.

11. I actually have the 2nd release of the dark elf, so his hands came this way. The one you have must be the first release!

And that sounds so cool! ... I might have to read their backstories you wrote now :3 Aidan is an unseelie, consort my souldoll clodia, Guen. She is the Queen of the unseelie! My hubby and I used to RP them on a video game where we met!

Needless to say, I love all things fae... and your stuff sounds right up my alley!

Right now I'm working on a doll chateau mini bella that I named Alannia. She's the first of Guen's BJD court since I got into the hobby. She's a leannan sidhe :3

Also also, I have plans to go to doll north next year! Be kinda fun if I'm able to go and we could meet up ^^ get pics with our batchix bois!

Maybe I can convince Sarah to go again huehuehue (unlikely, but worth a shot)

12. Yes, his previous owner said he was a first release Dark Elf and the date 2014 is etched in his head cap. I like the long-nailed hands in general. Vale (Iple FID) has a pair of the long nailed hands as his defaults and I have a pair of long-nailed dollpire hands I'm tempted to put on either Eilam or Belial (both are SD Vitos). Eilam would be easiest as the hands are WS as is Eilam. To go on Belial, they'd need to be dyed grey.

If you want to read any of the stories I've got, just let me know and I can link you.

13. Definitely worth a try!

And I'd love to read them!

14. @Guen Winters sent you a PM with links

Soom is apparently going to be releasing Hyperon as an ID51 "coming soon" (no date listed, he was posted to their Twitter/Instagram). I loved the Hyperon when I first saw him and he'd probably look really nice with to Ravir. My wallet is afraid and huddled into a ball, rocking back and forth in the corner.