1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Batchix Gorgeous Guys 51cm discussion

Mar 23, 2014

1. @petiteballerine - thank you!

My Orpheus, named Pretty, just got his outfit. Everything looks good, except I don't have a proper wig that I like (or that stays on very well. I think its the shape of the headcback that's a bit difficult...). I also still need to give him a faceup.
      Something I noticed is he's very tightly strung, so he tends to jerk and kick a bit. I don't know if he'll loosen with time, and how long that might take. Perhaps restinging him might be best (I really don't know, and I've never restrung a small doll, nor do I think I have the right size of elastic...)
      Also, when he sits he leans back really far. I like my boys slouchy or at least able to sit up straight, so this bothers me a bit. Has anyone else noticed this with their Orpheus/St George body? And do you have any suggestions to fix it? I don't know if it's how tightly strung he is, or if the hip area might need sanding above the legs...
      Advice would be greatly appreciated ^^

And hopefully soon I'll have a fairly completed doll to show you guys~

2. here's Aelfred wearing a Souldoll Vito outfit. pants too big at the waist, but good length (because they're too big at the waist) and the tunic is nice at the shoulders but
      a bit big at the waist and mid-back. because of the style of the outfit, though, it's ok.
      will post a pic next to my Soom guy as soon as I get more organized. + I have another Vito outfit I can try on him.

[​IMG]

just saw your post @PineRain. we must have been typing at the same time.
      my guy is tightly strung in the legs. upper seems fine.
      I push the waist joint until it locks forward so he sits straight up. he can't slouch, though. but can bend backwards.

3. Mine also leans backwards when you sit him down naturally, although you can suede his hip and pose his torso forward and that sorta fixes it. But modding might be best if it bothers you.

4. Aelfred showing off that lovely nose. I swore I wouldn't give him a bow and arrows for an Elf cliché.
      But...he likes this set made by a Native American. I wish the maker had put their name on it somewhere.
      I still haven't painted Aelfred. I like his 'bones' too much. So, I guess subtle will be the way to go.
      + unusual hair or lack thereof.

[​IMG]

:chocoberry

5. That IS a very noble nose! :XD: I love his profile. And I can see why you don't want to mess too much with a sculpt like that.

6. He really does have a terrific profile! I love it! Strong. Stern. Determined.
      My purple guy still needs a faceup too. Such a tiny face, I'm not sure I can do it well enough.
      Thankfully, he looks pretty darned good blank too.

7. I love his profile so much! :D And the bow and arrows fits him very well; who cares that it's an elf cliche. It's a good elf cliche :P

8. Painted The Willow Tree this weekend--he's an Orpheus on an Unoa Ani body (extensive mods to make it work). I'm waiting for him to cure so I can gloss and then sculpt a teeth part for him (he did not come with one). Also....I need to buy him some good eyes. These are the smallest I have at present.

[​IMG]The Willow Tree

9. He's absolutely gorgeous MissEmily! :O I saw him on insta already, but I look forward to seeing him fullt completed.

10. Can anyone post a pic of an Orpheus or St George head on a Doll Chateau male kid or youth body? I'm really curious what will fit. I'm looking for a slim, youthful male body for the head, and have no idea what to do. The current body just doesn't fit the character...
      Skin tone notes/recommendations welcome.

11. Thank you! I just finished modding his body to accept the head (It's just propped up there in the last pic!)

Here he is on a heavily modified Unoa Elder (Ani) body.

[​IMG]The Willow Tree

12. That looks like a really good fit! Nice work!

13. I recently got lucky and managed to get my hands on a secondhand Dark Elf. I'm really happy to see some resources on the kinds of clothes that might fit him! It's very helpful. <3

Here's a pic I took a couple hours ago in low light.

[​IMG]

If it doesn't rain, I'll try to get a photo shoot of him in the park up the road. ;D

14. That wig looks so soft! Nice faceup on him too.
      Can't wait to see him at the park!

15. Thank you! The wig is Monica Gold and the face (and clothes) are by Buff.

I only took a few (twenty or so) shots because I was being eaten alive by mosquitoes (they even ended up in a couple photos) and I got a little frustrated with his posing. I need to find out how to work with his arms; they just kept snapping back against his sides.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The pants are pretty high-waisted so I turned them down because he has such nice abs.

16. That colour is gorgeous......and those abs :p

17. Yes, yes! Must show off those abs! *cheers*
      Lookit those eyes! NICE!
      Hmmm, sounds like the arms are strung a little tight? Or could use some hot glue sueding in the shoulders.

18. @xylene - congrats! lucky you to find this wonderful man looking for a home. I have the peach version. you inspire me to take some updated
      photos.

:daisy

19. It's kind of a shame to cover the abs on this guy. And I love the eyes sooo much! ;D Btw, there seems to be some vestiges of hot glue inside the joint. Should I add more? I've never sueded a doll before.

Oh please do! I love this guy and I would really like to see more of his brothers and sisters! Orpheus and St George, too! And, yes, very very lucky for me to find this guy. I'm really happy with him.

Kia ora! I just took a look at your etsy! I'm a couple hours away in Auckland.