1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Batchix Lagoon discussion part 1

Jan 3, 2011

1. Bumping this back up into the light of day xD Anyone make any outfits for their girls yet?

URGENT: Could someone give me an exact head measurement in centimeters? I'm having a custom wig made :)

2. she wears a 5/6 wig... stretchy if that helps... or a very small size 6. I dont have time as im running out the door to do an exact measurement. :(

3. Does anyone know if clothes for Ellowyne Wilde will fit Lagoon? I'm hoping they do, because there are lots of patterns available for Ellowyne and it would make dressing Lagoon so much easier. I have made a few Ellowyne outfits for Narae and Unoas, but they always seem just a tad too tight in the waist. Lagoon seems to have a smaller waist. Dare I hope?

4. Lagoon totally has a smaller waist and hips even. A pair of mnf jeans are loose around her, as are unoa jeans. I'm trying to remember because I borrowed a friends expertise in the matter but I can't remember if it was tonner or ellwoyne or what they were that fit. Though the shorts were high waisted and wouldn't snap. But nothing a little tweaking wouldn't fix.

5. EEE! News that the Lagoons will ship from the factory next weekish. *hopehopehope* (There could always be another unforeseen delay as the factory is busy casting and painting dolls for a few artists atm.)

I don't know if Ellowyne fits, I'm not really familiar with them. I can say that for sure, the factory casts are slightly different and bigger in the rear than the artist casts (the casting company changed Lagoon's hiney a bit). I got to play with a couple in person when I stayed at Batchix's last week. *squee*

One thing I can say for sure sure sure is that the artist casts fit perfectly in Unoa 1.5 patterns straight out of Unoa freak (not scaled up 125% like they were supposed to be). This means the artist cast was about 80% of the size of an Unoa. The pants part of the outfit I had made from the pattern didn't fit the factory cast, so her butt is probably closer to an Unoa now.

For shoes, I found Goodreau MSD shoes fit like a glove!

I can't wait for my Miss Marzipan. :-D I'm so tempted to get a third, but the robot boys are on early bird pre-order now and I want one or five of those. :P

6. I really should schedule sometime this weekend to tackle some sewing for the girls. At least some basic dresses. I'm such a sewing newb. But I really would like to make something for them. Hopefully their wigs write today and fit. I ordered then from the same person who made Milk's wig, so hopefully these will work just as well. They might be long term temp wigs but at least their not bald. :)

I'm not sure their personalities yet. I know the ns one will be sweet and demure, the white one will hopefully be pretty spunky. I'm going by their default faceups though. :) so they might be compelety different when they get here.

7. FunnyLori: Such a unique background story! I bet you could find the cutest little tools for Ember, and Marzipan sounds adorable. I love how you worked the Batchix Alpha into the story as well ;) Having a robot friend can come in handy!

Kittywolf13: I hate having bald dollies around the house, so I know how you feel. I'm super excited to see your triplets!

8. The lagoons are state side!!!!! So excited! They arrived to Batchix on my birthday! Close enough to me getting them for my bday to make me happy. I can't wait to see them in person and re-unit my girlies! Haha can't wait. Next few days will be pins and needles. Lol

9. Happy birthday Kittywolf!!! :D

I can't wait to play! I've had many ideas for faceups, I can't wait to see what she tells me. :aheartbea

10. Thanks funny Lori!

11. A belated Happy Birthday to you, Kittywolf!

How is everyone dealing with the face-up mix-up? I can see where the artist got it wrong. She assumed white skin/light face-up, normal skin/darker face-up. It makes sense, except it's not the way most of us ordered her. I've opted to get my Lagoon blank instead and will attempt her face-up myself. I'm not great at it, but I'm not awful either, and it will be fun to inject a bit of my own personality into her.

What is everyone else doing?

12. I ordered mine blank. I have many ideas. :) I got the white resin and I think she will start with pinks for blush and lips. I will see where she takes me from there. I like to let the scupt and my mood move my brushes.

13. My girls are on their way to me tomorrow! I decided to give them a go as is! The soft faceup looks equally great on BW as it did on NS... and i think the punky faceup looks great on NS, it will either grow on me, or i can wipe it myself and do one myself! So i gave her the go ahead to send them!! I cant wait to meet them!! I will spam when they arrive... i assume wensday or thursday!

14. My girl is coming blank, and I wish I had the tools and the money to either get her faceupped or do it myself, but it's just not in the cards right now. She'll have to make do with her wig and eyes :( I can't wait to see your spammage!

15. Seems like so far everyone chose blank instead? I would have liked to see what people do with her. Well we shall see either. So super stoked. I have wigs that they can try, and I never did sew for them but that's ok. :)

16. I haven't done any sewing, either. I'm going to try a bunch of things on her and see what her size dictates. I didn't buy any new wigs -- not sure whether she needs a 5/6 or a 6/7. I have some of both, so will try them on for fit.

Am I remembering correctly that she can wear Goodreau shoes? Any other shoes that anyone knows of?

17. she wears a 5/6. mine is actually wearing a pukifee wig right now (my artist cast girl) actual synthetic 5/6's (at least the ones i have at home so far) are actually too loose on her. but im sure with a rubber band they will be fine. :P I have the perfect wig for my BW girl. now to decide who Chai and Latte are... i had them sorted out and now with the faceup mix up, i have to see what name fits who. LOL

18. Funnylori had her in Goodreau shoes and said they fit well. The high heel clear platform heels from Release Rain seem to fit her alright too. I think Minifee girl shoes would fit well, but I haven't ordered a pair so I can't say for sure.

shoes for slim minis are so frustrating to find! they fit in the foot and then they're too big in the ankle!