1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Batchix Lagoon discussion part 1

Jan 3, 2011

1. I have some Minifee shoes, so I'll try them and report back.

Dale Rae used to have shoes designed especially for the first vinyl Goodreau Innuendo. The first 100 dolls came from the factory smaller than expected. It sounds like these shoes might fit Lagoon. If so, I wish I could get more of them. I understand Dale has discontinued her shoe line.

2. So Milk is bummed! Her sisters did not arrive today. She's even wearing one of her sister's wigs (the bw one!) So she demanded that i at least take a quick pic and post it while we wait hopefully one more day.

[​IMG]
      Untitled by kittywolf13, on Flickr

(my local PO is being slow! Painfully so apparently!)

3. So sorry Milk and Kittywolf!!

On the bright side, your sister with a different mother arrived. :D Marzipan is too cute for words!! Tomorrow I'm going to have fun doing her faceup.

She's wearing the Yo Fer by Dollheart and a Littlefee wig here.
      [​IMG]

4. There here! I'm in love! SQUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Say hello to Latte (NS) Milk, who is the original sister and the tan artist cast and Chai (BW which is creamy and soft... like a super pale ns)

[​IMG]
      Lagoonsboxopenings_023 by kittywolf13, on Flickr

I'm in love with them! the wigs i had are perfect for them... they pose marvelously. their just stunning. the only thing i could say thats a little problematic is those beautiful eyes, dont sit well in her shallow eye wells. Otherwise, their stunning girls and going to be lots of fun!! :D cant wait to take them places and take their pics!

Link to their box opening with more pics! http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...-doll-Lagoon-X2-(NS-BW...and-artist-cast-tan)

and of course if you click on any pic it takes you to my Flickr account with even more pics!

5. Maybe some Malka pic spam will help? I was finally able to pick her up today! I am in love!!!:aheartbea:aheartbea:aheartbea
      Her poseability is amazing! She is way better strung than my RS girl or my AOD girl, and I LOVE her knees!
      Here she is with her natrume mohair wig and Ginarolo eyes. Perfection!
      Plus the eyes she came with were beautiful!
      THE DRESS!!!!:aheartbea:aheartbea:aheartbea It looks so perfect on her, but none of the full pics of it turned out ok :/ She stands like a rock too!

[​IMG]

She is the perfect sculpt, and I am still obsessing over her :D She is currently sitting on my sewing machine while I work on hand sewing my swap items, and I keep looking up at her and going, "Wow! She's gorgeous!" Her dress matches her character and makes her look like the magical witch that she is. It was so worth what I paid!

And Malka would like to say hello to all her twin sisters on DoA!

6. Dark pic is dark... BUT Latte hasnt gotten as much love as Chai so she decided to hog my camera for a quick second to say hi (for her and all her sisters) to Malka!

[​IMG]
      Untitled by kittywolf13, on Flickr

7. Oh my gosh!!! They're all so beautiful!! :D:D

Malka is so pretty! Love that wig and dress. :D

Latte is so gorgeous!! I love how her faceup turned out and how you have her styled!:fangirl:

Marzipan still has me floored. I haven't been feeling well so I haven't gotten very many photos yet. She deserves more! She has tried on every single msd thing I have just to see and we've been having a lot of fun. My husband is also blown away by how much attitude she has. He commented on how fantastic the resin is and how solid of a poser she is. I think I might be able to convince him we need triplets. :wiggle Today I took her apart and gave her the pre-MSC bath, if only it would stop raining. Isn't that just the way it is.

8. Thank you funnylori and yes! You need triplets. :) it would be so awesome.

9. Thanks FunnyLori! More Lagoons are always a good thing ;) I've got my money going towards a Soulkid Lev and a Supia Nael, otherwise I might've gotten a second one for myself! They're just so well made, have great resin colors, and I like the fact that I actually got to talk to the designer! Although I've only briefly talked to her online, Batchix seems to really know her stuff and care about giving the customers top notch products. Buying my Lagoon has been my best doll shopping experience to date :)

10. I'm enjoying the new Lagoon spam. More please!

I tried to include photos of my Tamsin, but they are coming out way too big. I'll have to go into Photobucket and see what I can do to make them smaller. I did her faceup myself and don't need to see its imperfections magnified to that extent!

We tried on lots of shoes. Fairyland (Luts) shoes were the right length but a little wide. They will fit better with stockings. Goodreau shoes are just about perfect. I had one shoe that wouldn't fasten, but the others work fine. Another good pick is a high heel from Jpopdolls made for Unoa. She doesn't balance as well on high heels, but I use a doll stand anyway.

I found only a few items of clothing that fit. I think most patterns can be adjusted easily by reducing the amount of fabric in the bodice and tightening up the armhole.

Wigs designed for Evangeline Ghastly are a good fit.

11. Try Flickr they give you a choice of sizes. But I thought photobucket resized pics too! We want to see your girl. Thanks for the heads up about shoes!! Might need to shopping for my girl now.

12. Photobucket does resize. It's just that I can't judge how big a photo will look here based on what I see there. I worked on them last night, so here goes. This is Tamsin in her Evangeline Ghastly wig. Her eyelashes are weird: one curls up nicely while the other won't. No idea how to fix it.

[​IMG][/IMG]

And here is a close-up in a wig by Monique Gold. She's wearing Eyeco soft silicone eyes. I find they fit the eyeholes better than hard acrylic or glass.

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff503/ljvermont/IMG_1518-1.jpg

13. Oh! :aheartbea She's so delicate! You've done a lovely job with her faceup. I don't know how to fix the eyes except maybe taking the wonky one off and trying to glue it again?

P.S.- I lovelovelove the first wig! I think it really sets off her eyes.

14. Awww she's beautiful! What size is the Monique wig of I can ask? Currently my girls are wearing 5/6's

15. All the girls look amazing!! :D Hopefully a few more of the new owners will post some pictures. I love seeing what you all do with her!

I bought some shoes this week for Lagoon. I found that these from Release Rain fit.

http://www.releaserain.com/servlet/the-3253/17"-Tonner-Matt-14"/Detail
      http://www.releaserain.com/servlet/the-2370/17"-Tonner-Matt-14"/Detail
      http://www.releaserain.com/servlet/the-3257/Tonner-Matt-14"-Kish/Detail

The high tops are a little tight because they don't have a zipper. I like these shoes because they fit her legs as well as her calves/ankles. I haven't managed to track down some goodreau shoes yet. :3

16. Thanks for the headsup batchix! Looks like I need to go shoppIng again. Lol

17. The Monique wig is a 5/6. It's the only one of my wigs (other than the E.G.) that fit her. I have a couple of 6/7s that run small, but they were loose on her. They might fit with a wig cap.

I'm trying to avoid removing the wonky eyelash if I can. Attaching them is no picnic. I already ruined one side and had to throw it out. I'm using eyelashes that come on a long strip. You just cut off what you need. The first one I put in worked great. Don't know what happened to the second one.

Goodreau shoes are getting harder to find. I think Goodreau has discontinued the original MSD dolls and everything that went with them. I got one pair on ebay. It ended up costing me almost twice the original price because I got in a bidding war -- and I absolutely, positively had to have those shoes!

Tamsin is wearing a pair of Goodreau flats in this photo:

[​IMG]

The outfit is from a pattern by MHD Designs for Ellowyne Wilde.

18. Wow! Tamsin looks wonderful! I love it! Sorry for the bidding war. I hate it when that happens.

19. Wow! Bog is awesome looking!! So unique and wonderful. Love the way you painted her eyes. :3

I ordered a new wig for milk, it arrived yesterday but was the wrong one. Doh! Waiting to hear back from Shop to see what will be done. :P (it was the right size and color just wrong style)

Oh by the way, 5/6 wigs from jpop fit perfectly!