1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Beauty White Dolls: Any regrets??

Mar 15, 2005

1. I love my BWs, tho as mentioned before taking pics with flash can be tricky sometimes and they really need some subtle blushing (otherwise they can look quite "naked" ^-^).

threnodys, your girl is simply breathtaking! Her face-up is perfect, especially her lips!! How did you do their faded look?

2. I have old Volks BW - it's not the same as what you're planning on getting (CP BW is gorgeous btw - you won't regret it), but I've never had a problem with it. I love it, in fact. It's a lot more buttermilk than CP resin, and it takes more work to look after. Honestly, I don't think you'll regret a BW doll at all.

3. ^_^... I love my pale dolls, even "normal" color dolls are very pale themselves. yes sometimes certain wigs don't look right on them, but hey, that just means you can save money by focusing on a certain type of wig for that particular doll. I tend to focus on certain styles for each of my dolls anyway, so that's not really a big deal. I have two white MSD, and I love them...! I wish at least one more of my larger dolls could be white...!

4. I love Nicneven and I do not regret my decision for a moment! I don't take pics of her with the flash so I don't have that problem. I always take her pics in natural light or I use a natural light lamp to illuminate her and my tripod to keep the camera steady (Target has them for $20)

The only con I can think of is that when she get's a little grubby it shows up more, but I just wipe her down with a cleaning sponge and she's as good as new.

5. SEE??!!?? There's that beautiful girl I was talking about! sighhh... i love her.... *_* :chibi

6. I'm curious myself about the BW dolls ... does anyone have pics of a BW and a normal skinned dolls wearing blond/lighter wigs :chibi ? I'd like to see how light can the wig be before it starts looking not right for a normal skinned.

7. I'm actually wondering between a normal skin tone chiwoo and a beauty white chiwoo...like how different that particular delf would look.....

8. I'd have to say that looking back on all the dolls that I've had the only ones I now "regret" buying were normal-toned dolls.

It's very hard to tell what you'll like before they arrive...photos only go so far to describe the way that skintone and lighting effect each other and work with clothing. When I first bought an SD I assumed I'd not like beauty white...but, as I've said...looking back I regret that assumption.

9. I think all the points are well made.

However, CustomHouse BW and Volks BW are not the same. And I guess from what several people say, Volks even has different BWs....Sasha is kind of a yellow toned BW, don't know about the others.

10. Actually, I think lighter wigs look just fine on regular skinned dolls. I have two BW CP/Luts dolls. One is more yellowy and one is almost pure white (they are only a few months apart in age). The more yellowy one looks terrible in white wigs since it just makes him look even more yellow. The whiter one looks OK in white. Other colors look OK--blond, grey, etc. It's really no big deal, though. And it probably just depends on personal preferences.

I definitely have no regrets about BWs. I love them! :grin:

11. I have found that for my photographs that my white skin MNF Chiwoo a lot of times comes out better and clearer than my normal skin MNF Shiwoo. Using just a digital camera. I've tried different color clothes, on both of them, and the white Chiwoo is always breathtaking. I've had a lot of success with my White Kiss (Dolkot bjd) in photographs too. For me it's best to not use flash with the white dolls.

I love the white skin dolls!

12. I have a BW and a Normal skin doll, and I love them both.

I maybe find that my darker skin girl looks a bit warmer, and my BW girl starts looking grubby faster, but i still thinks she's beautiful and ver delicate looking.

13. I have one white skinned doll and am about to sell him:sweat .

I think white-skin just isn't me.. I love tanned dolls, love their warmth. White-skin doll look cold and almost otherworldly sometimes, which I find gorgeous. But Kayne, my soo ri, is WHITE white, there is no other colour in his resin, and I have difficulty photographing him (but I am not a very good photographer) he was always washed out.

I do love the WS colour of the delf dolls, however. It's very creamy, beautiful.

14. I wasn't prepared for just how white BW really is. When I got my Lishe, I figured she'd be doomed to pastels, but she looks utterly fabulous in richer colors like chocolate or red and is drop-dead gorgeous in black.

Of course, I think she looks pretty scrumptious in pink, too, so I may be biased ;)

One color that she doesn't look that great in is white. Go figure.

15. My dream doll Lishe is BW, she's second hand and has turned slightly yellow. I was afraid that she might be too white, I don't really like white skin but I wanted her so much that I brought her. After she has arrived, she has changed my mind when I saw how beautiful she is and I have no regret of getting a BW doll.

16. Wow, that's an old thread... hm... well...
      I mostly own white skinned dolls. They're not paper white, though. More creamy white for the most part, like white wallpaper reflecting natural light. Too white dolls I would try to blush, if I felt uncomfortable with them or would just like them to be more natural looking.

17. I'm still kind of a newb, so I'm a little bit suprised at how much people love the white skinned dolls, because I've never seen one in person and was worried the white skin would look terrible, so I always looked at normal skinned dolls. Maybe I need to look into a BW bjd? :)

18. I think it's all a matter of taste. Some people like pale dolls, some people like tanned dolls, some people like blue dolls...

I personally love my white skin dolls. Depending on the company, some are truly white like paper, whereas others are a more lively colour. I do take terrible photos, and sometimes my white skin dolls do look washed out, but I like them anyway.

19. All of my dolls are white skinned dolls so far. I have plans for a tanned skin doll and possibly a nice grey skinned one eventually. But I really like the white especailly my DZ boy as the white has a nice mellowness to it. I don't really take my dolls anywhere in the sunlight or outside or leave them uncovered in anyplace that they would sun yellow so most of white dollies just mellow a bit but have not shaded to green either. I really like the white skin versus normal as normal tends to be way to dark for my vamps and some of hte companies I just love their white skin. Eh we all like what we like.

20. At first, I was very leery of buying white skinned dolls. Then I got my Soom Glot and all of my doubts were
      completely gone as soon as I took her out of the box. I love her skin tone. She looks good in both lighter and darker wigs, as well as in all different colors of clothing. I also love the glow that she has when I catch her in
      the right light.