1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Beauty White Dolls: Any regrets??

Mar 15, 2005

1. I have both Normal Skin and White Skin (and one Grey Skin) dolls. I do like the BW look a bit better than the NS. So far my WS have not yellowed awfully and the oldest of them is 7 years old. He has mellowed well and is a light cream colour all over and even. He photographs well and looks lighter in this photos than in real life. He also seems to wear white and light grey wigs better than any of my NS crew. Dark hair is a bit too harsh on him, so is red. But it may be due to his personality and specialty face up which is in the light grey to plum colourations. It is basically a matter of choice on which skin type a person prefers, I think. Depending of course on the character of the doll, face up developed.

2. I used to somewhat regret getting my BW Lishe boy cos it was so hard to photograph him. Also, I really like the creamy healthy colour most NS resins are, and I was filled with ALOT of doubt. And because he was so white, I was constantly paranoid about him yellowing. But I got a NS boy, and I realise I like both shades. They're all beautiful in different ways, and the BW resin is now a mellow cream, which makes him feel more alive than when he was whiter in the past. So now, no regrets, though I probably won't be getting a WS doll anytime soon (might be more to do with character than the fact that I like/don't like WS).

3. WS FTW!!! :D

All of my dolls are WS except one, and I just haven't bonded with him. Probably more because I never found a character concept for him, but still....WS is my favorite. There are so many shades even within the whiteskin range that there's still plenty of variety in my dolls' resin skin.

So....no regrets. About any of my WS dolls! I think there are better reasons for regretting a doll purchase, other than the limitations of the skintone.

4. My Serendipity Alice is white and I don't regret buying her, because she didn't yellow much since I bought her (Feb. 2005). I bought a BW El a few months later and became very green/yellow. I got used to this skin color, but now I'm more careful when I buy a doll and now I rather buy dolls with normal skin colors than white skinned dolls (that's why I prefered SDGr Lorina over Alice).

NS dolls are also much easier to photograph.

5. For human dolls, I prefer normal resin. I know it would be difficult for me to bond with a white resin human doll. Now, fantasy and anthros are a different story - here, I can go white, blue, rose, grey, etc., depending on the doll.

And, I agree with others who mentioned that white resin is difficult to photograph. Pictures are either overexposed or dark. It's not easy to get that perfect shot.

6. My first doll, a B&G Sky, is a white skin and I kinda regret not getting him as a normal skin. Don't get me wrong he's beautiful and I love him dearly(forever favorite) but every now and again I think it would suit him better to be normal skin instead.

7. I last posted here ages back.

My first ws dolls were from 2004. I've bought a TON of ws since then.

I'm very happy with ALL of my ws dolls. With the early dolls, it's mostly the MSC that is yellowing a bit. And it just makes my first boy look a bit more ns... but I think he still looks good.

My other dolls have mellowed only slightly. Nothing really awful. One ws looks a little on the greeny side because he is just so white... but that's it.

I continue to buy ws dolls. I have no hesitation at all! I just love them!!!

8. I have a Doll Family A Yanji sculpt in pure white skin and I actually prefer it.
      It fits him rather well especially when taking photos. I am not too into the yellow skin or normal skin color.
      Maybe I will try pink along the way but not any time soon. Since I am photo crazy with my doll I don't think I will stray away from white anytime soon.
      [​IMG]

9. I tend only to be drawn to very pale dolls (or very dark or black dolls)
      I dress mine in mostly black or white, her company will also be very white.

The only issues I have with pale dolls are that they are hard to photograph (but easier if you photograph two of the same skin colour, rather than one white and one normal)
      and that their standard faceup usually is very pink.